Android offline

saitoh183
Go to solution Solved by Hydro,

See if it works for you now.  I just re-set everyone's free trial for Sync for another two weeks since we are rolling out support for it slowly.

Vidman

Sorry just to clarify, we are discussing the mobile app right?

Edited by Vidman

saitoh183

Sorry just to clarify, we are discussing the mobile app right?

Mobile

Hydro

See if it works for you now. I just re-set everyone's free trial for Sync for another two weeks since we are rolling out support for it slowly.

Thank :)

But no change for me. I try to create new sync job with one item in original quality. I reboot server many time, open / close android app, hit convert button but it did nothing

Must I need android app beta ?

No, the best thing to do is wait until we announce the sync feature for android.

Hydro

Great feature ! Few questions :

- we've got task for convert but no task for transfer. When does he transfer video ? As soon as he can ?

- is it possible to have notification when movie have been transferred ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

it syncs hourly. you can force a sync in android system settings -> accounts. i will add a button inside the app.

and yes, notifications are a good idea.

Hi

Is it possible to use emby app offline ? I won't be able to access to my sync movie because i can't connect to my server. Maybe i miss a step.

Hi

Is it possible to use emby app offline ? I won't be able to access to my sync movie because i can't connect to my server. Maybe i miss a step.

coming very soon.

Maybe some improvements for sync :

- be able to sync subtitle too 

- when you sync a season for exemple, the badge on the poster show all episode sync even those delete on the device because watched. Maybe it just show number of episode on the sync target ?

thefirstofthe300

Maybe some improvements for sync :

- be able to sync subtitle too

- when you sync a season for exemple, the badge on the poster show all episode sync even those delete on the device because watched. Maybe it just show number of episode on the sync target ?

You are currently able to sync subtitles as I have actually had my device do it. I believe that if the app will play subtitles on a file because of the app preferences, it will sync them in a sync job. If the app won't play subtitles by default during playback, it won't sync the subtitles.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
Pete_Repeat

Any updates n when the Android app will allow offline browsing, or at least navigating to the synced files and also update the play count once back online?

Pete_Repeat

Thanks for the comment.

I know it's difficult to put a date, and you wouldn't want to as it can just cause hassles if the deadline isn't met, but any idea what "soon" means? Months, weeks, maybe next year?

Reason I ask is that 3 months ago it was "very soon" and offline sync of vieo and play counts is the main thing that brought me to Emby. I know the app has many other strengths that others utilise, but for me sync and playcount for offline use is the main importance.

Nothing else does it well on Android apart from MediaMonkey of which I don't particularly like using anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
Pete_Repeat

Can you say which release it is aimed for? It's not in the beta's yet is it?

I know my needs aren't the only ones, but I am paying $5 a month waiting on this offline mode. Without this, then Emby is just not being used in my case.

repeat, I know that Emby has plenty of other great features, it's just I'm only really subscribed to do sync of video, sync of play count, and all the playcount and playback needs to work offline for it to be of benefit to me.

It will be in the next significant app update. It is next on the list. The only reason it would not be in the very next release is in the event we have to put out some kind of bug fix for whatever reason.

• Like 4

thefirstofthe300

It will be in the next significant app update. It is next on the list. The only reason it would not be in the very next release is in the event we have to put out some kind of bug fix for whatever reason.

YES! :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
Pete_Repeat

1 month on -- any news you can share? So anxious :)

Same here. This is the key feature I came to Emby for (sync and watch unwatched video).. Waiting with a subscription for this feature. It's been since June that it was coming soon so I'm starting to wonder if it's still months away.

Pete_Repeat

It's coming soon.

So is this likely to be out before the end of next month? It's not even in the Beta release yet is it? I signed up for that but I don't notice anything different.

I recognize that Emby is useful for others in so many ways, but syncing and viewing the synced video without an internet connection is the only reason why I subscribed. So I am curious whether it's worth me keeping the subscription going just in anticipation for another 6 months or more...

Edited by Pete_Repeat

Stormrider959

If you have synced your videos you can access them over the filesystem on the phone and play them with another player. I know it's just a workaround but it did work for me.