Multi-disc Movies

rkariff

rkariff

Hello.

I'm having an issue with multi-disc movies. I tried the options in the wiki. So I'm stuck.

I have both Gangs of New York and King Kong, which are both split into 2 files.

I knew for a fact that Gangs of New York is more than 85 minutes long. So I went to edit, just to take a look at the filename used. The path only had the following:

X:\Movies\Gangs of New York (2002)\Gangs of New York (2002)-cd1.mkv

Obviously, there are 2 files. I just am completely at a loss. All help is appreciated. Thanks. 

Edited by rkariff

When you go to the detail page for that movie in the web client, is there a line labelled "Additional Parts"?

If not, we'll need to see a screen shot of explorer showing the structure and contents of the folders in question.  Thx.

Vidman

Ok so you know how to do a screenshot. ..now try taking one of explorer showing the structure and contents of the folders in question;)

That's not the page I was talking about.  That's the edit page.  I mean the actual detail page for the web client.  Click on the title of the item from that page you posted and look below the poster and description.  Is there something there called "Additional Parts"?

rkariff

Okay, I see the Additional Parts section now. Is there anything I can do to link the two together? How can I get it to play on an external device? I use a Roku, if that matters.

They will play together automatically on the clients.  The concept is that, from the playback perspective, you don't even know there are two parts.

Angelblue05

@@ebr

Can you confirm this behavior (playing one part after the other) automatically happens server side and I would not have to implement anything to have this happen when using Emby for Kodi? Thanks :)

I'm asking since one of our users asked for this and I'm currently reviewing our code to implement such behavior.

• 1 month later...
nonstatic

Newbie here, managed to find the exact 'issue' I'm having after searching the forums for ages.  Is there a way to get Emby server to report the full running time?  I often choose what to watch based on running time.  Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

I did manage to find an old thread which states that Emby reports the running time from the actual file, not from scraped metadata.  If that's the case, surely there's a way for the server to do some simple arithmetic to add the 'additional parts' to a total running time?

Very excited to get this working with Kodi, only just found out about the plugin today, thanks for all your hard work.

It is really easy to merge the files and eliminate the issue altogether...

• Like 1

nonstatic

It is really easy to merge the files and eliminate the issue altogether...

Not in my case when there are softsubs involved, but I realize split CD videos are a ten-years-ago sort of issue and probably not high on your priority list.  Just happen to be getting a bunch of old foreign titles right now.  I wish Emby would output the running time from the scraper like Kodi does, but I'll just deal with it for now. 

Yeah, I think it is just something that is not used much anymore so it doesn't get much dev love.  Sorry.  I know it probably doesn't help you but Emby for WMC does show the combined time of the items.