EMBY or Media Browser

dude8

I am a little confused on the Roku apps. I use the EMBY on, but it also list a Media browser one. What is the difference? I thought Media Browser changed it's name to EMBY, am I missing something here?

553bb7733d13b_rokuquestion.png

mediacowboy

The mediabrowser app was created by a community member that is no longer developing it. Emby is being developed by core developers. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Allan Cameron

Okay, thank you

Yeah stick with the Emby app only, it is actively always updated whereas the other app gets no further updates. I also asked recently about the Roku receiving a fresh brand new design for the Emby client and was told it will happen. Keep an eye out for that.

Nice, I just finished setting everything up how I want it. Works great, a very big improvement over using the Roku Media Player.

Happy2Play

There some issue in the current public release (1.96 I believe) with audio being transcoded that shouldn't be so if you run into those issues you can try the beta version.  Beta gets updated the fastest to resolves issues then eventually gets pushed to Roku for approval in public release.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/8001-emby-for-roku-channel/

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1