Emby Chat

Psycnotics

Psycnotics

Hi,

is there a chance to indroduce a Chat into Emby to chat with other Users ?

To talk about a Film or a like something.

Great work to u all, i have test all the other and MB is the Best of all. Thank again to this great work. I have pay Supporte too 1 week ago.

The SSL Proplem from my Post : http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/20311-ssl-stop-woking-after-new-server-update/?hl=ssl  is resolve with the last Emby Update, now works fine, alsow the Androide out of local Network is solve.

Saluti

Martin

• Like 3

Psycnotics

hehe that i know, oK my English is shit.. i know.

I mean a Chat INSIDE OF EMBY.  A Chat to talk with users who login into my server.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

In the meantime, have you guys tried our Emby community chat? You can chat with other Emby members.

dcook

Why do you want to keep bloating Emby with stuff like this?

If you want to run a chat server then install a chat server program on your server, but asking Emby to include a chat server that has nothing to do with the purpose of Emby is foolish.

Your trying to make EMBY do everything in the entire world just makes it more and more bloated, which will make it slower and slower and more and more complicated to maintain and develop.

Next someone will ask Emby to have email integration so you can check your email while watching a movie

Its getting ridiculous all these requests for stuff that has nothing to do with watching movies or tv shows.

hehe that i know, oK my English is shit.. i know.

I mean a Chat INSIDE OF EMBY.  A Chat to talk with users who login into my server.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@@dcook you are right this is a little outside of our core focus right now, however there is no harm in allowing users to request features. You never know, when enough people request something, sometimes we will adapt our focus area to adjust to that.

• 4 years later...
laie_techie

I think an embedded chat would be a great idea for a plugin; it would complement multicast / group viewing well.