Emby Server on QNap

breezytm

mikzip

I've just decided to give this a try, i am on TVS-471 with I3 cpu

just got it a few weeks ago,so don't know shit ;-)

Donloaded and installed  Qmono_4.0.1.0_x86 and MediaBrowser_1.150604_x86

When i click on the MediaBrovser icon on the Qnap homescreen my screen just flicker for a second, but nothing happens, i am on newest firmware 4.1.4

Tried this: http://localhost:8096/web/wizardstart.html

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Solved my ad-blocker was in the way :)

Server side seems to be running OK, just problem playing movies on device running OpenElec 5.08, Kodi 14.2, I can see my files, showing false length, and not playing..

Edited by mikzip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
skl_mobile

Luke,

If i click restart in the server options, the server never comesback and I have to reboot the nas to get it to come back up. TS-251. I have been MIA for a while, but I am back with more devices and servers to test with :)

skl_mobile

it probably means something specific to qnap is required.

How might I help in finding out what it is?

da1stprince

I've moved off of my virtual project and  got the latest version of emby/qmono running on my newly purchased Qnap 869L (specs: https://www.qnap.com/i/en/product/model.php?II=35&event=2)

everything works when played from MBC on my HTPC but when i try to play 1080p files,performance is severely affected with lots of studder and rendered unusable. Everything worked fine from the virtual server project i had MBS installed on previously (had 2 cores and 2 gb memory allocated w/ all media stored on a virtual Nas (Xpenology) using 2 cores 2gb mem allocated as well)

Edited by da1stprince

ArCaDe

Just installed MBS on my QNAP TS-869 Pro & i'm getting the same results as Da1stPrince. 480p files seem to play fine, anything above stutters & is unwatchable. I checked the resource monitor on my QNAP & see 1-2 ffmpeg processes using 99.9% cpu. Memory usage is low, about 1gb used out of 3gb. Network usage is low as well. Two things I tried are: I deselected the Allow audio\video playback that requires transcoding under the user but it still transcodes. In MBC I set the streaming settings to the highest bitrates (40mb) & it still transcodes & stutters. I understand the CPU in this QNAP probably cant handle transcoding but why is it transcoding for MBC which supports Direct Play. When I play these same 720p\1080p files using MBC but via MBS on a VM it plays fine & doesnt do any transcoding.

you need to make sure mbc can access the library paths over the lan to direct play

ArCaDe

Thanks Luke. Ahhhhh, that would make sense. I just tried to add shares using UNC paths but it says the path does not exist. I just changed the share to give read-only access for guests & get the same results. Changed to to allow guests full access, same results. Is there any other way im supposed to add the paths to the library that the PC's using MPC can access it properly?

ArCaDe

Ok, used path substitutions & now it seems to be playing without transcoding. At first it was still transcoding but had to close MBC & restart & now 1080p seems to play fine. Only tested 1 vid so far though.

breezytm

Guys, any navigation issues? My fanarts take a really long time to load doesn't matter which client I use.

ArCaDe

Hey Breezy. Not sure what you mean by fanarts exactly. Are you talking about the CovertArt plugin? If so, I had it on MBS on my VM, didnt have it on the QNAP MBS since I just got it up & running & was testing. Just installed the plugin now & will see if I have any issues.

da1stprince

Guys, any navigation issues? My fanarts take a really long time to load doesn't matter which client I use.

do you mean fanart under metadata/services/image fetchers? if so, it does take a while to pull down all cover art,logos,etc but only takes a while on the initial install.

CWestin

You guys might like to update the description and state this is x86 only. Much to my disappointment, Arm NAS devices don't seem to be supported.

Edited by CWestin

breezytm

I've been busy guys sorry. I was referring to accessing the libraries. It takes a while for my contents to load. When using the web, it also takes a while for the pages to refresh. 

• 2 weeks later...
QnapEmby

Hello Guys;

I am new to the community - but I have a QNap HS-251 (Dual Core Intel Celeron Processor) 1GB RAM.

My Installation hasn't gone so well - in fact I can't even get into the setup wizard.

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
Reload
Hide details
Google Chrome's connection attempt to 192.168.2.107 was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.
Check your Internet connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server...
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".

Any ideas how to fix that?

Thanks for any suggestions (BTW, all ad-blockers are turned off)

Edited by QnapEmby

I would check to make sure the server app is running. Then I would check the server's data folder and find the logs folder and post any server logs from that folder so we can look at them. Thanks.

QnapEmby

I am rebooting the server to see if that fixes the problem.

Please excuse me - my linux skills aren't up to snuff. Where is the installation / log folder located on the QNAP

QnapEmby

I am rebooting the server to see if that fixes the problem.

Please excuse me - my linux skills aren't up to snuff. Where is the installation / log folder located on the QNAP

Logged in through WinSCP - found the folder " /opt/MediaBrowser " - also looked in the running processes - the server wasn't started on the QNAP (guess that's considered a bug during installation [not starting the server] - started it manually through Putty SSH. 

MediaBroswer now started - allowed me to complete the setup wizard. Scanning media library now...

Testing with PS3, Kodi (for Windows 14.2 Helix), and Windows itself.

• Like 1