Chromecast Question

jamvids

jamvids

Hi, I haven't looked into this for a bit but have just read that chromecast will pass through e-ac3 5.1 audio. Is this supported/transcoded by Emby?

jamvids

I haven't really used it much, it is a cracking picture but was just unsure about the audio. I need 5.1.

I am trying allsorts at the minute and not getting the results, I can't be bothered with configuring the dlna part for my sony t.v, but it does passthrough 5.1 sound (this is in the bedroom).

For my main setup I have an older reciever with the usual optical and coaxial inputs and an xbox one (also can't be bothered with dlna) and my current LG TV doesn't passthrough 5.1.

I just don't know where to put my hard earned scrimped together cash to make my emby work without having to use p.c's

I was waiting for android TV to come out and buy a new telly at christmas but knowing my luck it won't work right and there goes £700 down the pan for something that would be cracking in one department but let me down in another.

I do love to be able to use the android app or just the server to "cast" in any way shape or form to anything and get a nice picture and 5.1 sound. 

Any advice?