Sport Bar DLNA Client for Emby Server

Ylinen

Ylinen

With the Emby Server and ability to stream live content,  I would like to see a SPORTS BAR like client for Emby.  I enjoy watch multiple sports programs at the same time.  Also during the Olympics.  News some time. 

The ability to show 4 windows on a screen with 4 different streams of media.  Could be live, recorded, or downloaded materials.  When you activate one of the windows you get sound on from that window.  

With UHD TVs now coming and advertising it is really 4 HD screens,  this seems like a great client until we have real UHD content. 

I am assuming that DLNA is the way to do this, but maybe not.  

I am sure this is harder than it first appears.  

Many Kickstarter projects trying to do this with hardware, skreens.tv is one.  Some make you attach multiple STBs.  some are using a tuner and doing OTA only channels.  

I don't want those solutions,  Emby seems perfect to do this.  

There is also a "Commercial" market for this product.  Many corporations and Government agencies what to monitor multiple channels like news.  

So how about it; Emby Developers,  A Sport Bar client please.

• Like 1

Ylinen

Fantastic.  There is a big market for this solution.  I have seen at least 3 kickstarter projects trying to do this with hardware.

If you can do this with a client, then it would be great.  

I am sure there are challenges.  How do you select the content to window, etc.

Luke if you can make this happen, it would be great and unique.  

You could sell this to most IT  departments in most corporations and government agencies. 

Deathsquirrel

With 20 years working with corporate and government IT, often in a sales capacity, I would guess the market opportunity for this is somewhat less broad than Ylinen's enthusiastic appraisal.

Useful in sports bars though if y'all are that confident in the live tv streaming.  I haven't used it so I lack an opinion on that.

Almost totally useless to most existing Emby useres though, IMO.

Ylinen

DeathSquirrel,

Other points of view are always good. As an IT Director in the military for 20 years and a Program Manager for a large software company for 12,  I can flat tell you that I spent lots of your tax dollars making solutions to put all the news networks on monitors in military command centers. Also most Public Affairs or Marketing organizations do this also.  

As far as Emby users, don't know.  I know the guy over on thegreenbutton.tv that wrote a SPORTSBAR app that worked with WMC for non-encrypted live TV got lots of feedback and interest.  

And you should look on Kickstarter.  Right now there are two hardware projects trying to do this.  Check out skreens.tv as one. Seems like there must be some interest.