Xbox one app?

Audio Lomb

techywarrior

I think people are slightly confused. Yes, Xbox One NXOE is out and that will allow Universal Apps to run on the Xbox One. BUT Microsoft has not yet opened the store up to those apps. I would imagine that at a minimum that it won't happen during the holiday season. MS already said there would be no updates to the Xbox One until Febuary to make sure that everyone has a stable Xbox for the holidays.

Once MS opens the store up to the Universal Apps you can rest assured that Emby will be submitted post haste.

• Like 4

I think people are slightly confused. Yes, Xbox One NXOE is out and that will allow Universal Apps to run on the Xbox One. BUT Microsoft has not yet opened the store up to those apps. I would imagine that at a minimum that it won't happen during the holiday season. MS already said there would be no updates to the Xbox One until Febuary to make sure that everyone has a stable Xbox for the holidays.

Once MS opens the store up to the Universal Apps you can rest assured that Emby will be submitted post haste.

Does this mean the app is ready but just waiting entry into the xbox store? :)

• Like 1

techywarrior

I wouldn't say "ready" but I know the developers of the Win8/10 app and the Win Phone app have been working on something and there is also another app in development that could easily work on the Xbox One so I am pretty sure once MS opens the store up for submissions one of those wil be chosen to be submitted.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
robertn78

It has almost a year now and Xbox apps are now very simular to 10 apps. I love the win 10 app and would like to see it for Xbox one.

techywarrior

It has almost a year now and Xbox apps are now very simular to 10 apps. I love the win 10 app and would like to see it for Xbox one.

Tell MS to open up the Xbox store to Unified Windows Apps.... like they said they were going to do. :)

My understanding is that was already done and except Universal Apps for One.  Am I incorrect in this?

Yes and no.  It was done for special Microsoft partners.

does anyone know how plex have got their app on xbox already?

By getting into a Microsoft partner program.