Resume Does not appear to work

kolbasz

Angelblue05

@Angelblue05

I saw the trello board, looks like you think you got this resolved...how long before .33? 

Yes, within the next two hours. Sorry got side tracked with another problem :)

I was hoping to maybe get the watched under control before pushing to beta, but if I see it's taking too long, I'll push to beta with the current fixes only.

kolbasz

@@Angelblue05

I hate doing this, but after installed 0.1.0 this issue still exists, but on a different level.  Now, as soon as I start a video, it is marked played on the server and then as soon as you stop, kodi shows resume available until it connects to the server again.  As soon as it connects to the server to update the db, it thinks it is played and instead of resume, kodi shows watched.

So, I will say DB sync is way faster, it connects again to the server correctly, but the resume is still an issue.

Angelblue05

Ok can you post your log? Because I have not seen the problem on my end. We've been testing the resume playback etc and it was working correctly for us. Thanks :)

@@kolbasz

Also can you give me exactly the steps you took, so I can try to reproduce.

Edited by Angelblue05

kolbasz

@@Angelblue05

OK, so last night I updated the add-on to 0.1.0.  Upon doing this, I went into the advanced settings and told it to reset the DB, confirmed the action, told it not to reset all the settings and then the DB rebuilt itself as expected, faster actually...

Once the DB was built, I opened a media file, skipped about 10 minutes in, stopped playback, back on the selection screen file shows the play icon for resume, db then updates and file is marked as watched.

I then took a look on the server side, started a new video (on kodi device), dashboard shows my 0.1.0 player and the file it is playing, go to episode on server and realize that while file is still playing it is already marked as watched.  It was not watched before this, instead, it becomes watched as soon as playback starts.

One thing to note is that in the dashboard, where it shows playback, instead of show the playback time as 3:40/18:23 (or whatever), it shows 3:40/--:--

Not sure if that matters, but in my mind, 1 second of no time/unknown time could be considered watched.  But thats just a thought.

log attached from a test today, opened kodi, went to unplayed file, played it, watched it marked watched, exited.  Show was bubble guppies, log kept simple and short.  Let me know if anything else is needed.

kodi.log

Edited by kolbasz
  • Like 1

kolbasz

You mean on the server?  That would make good sense why runtime in the dashboard shows --:--

I will check tonight.  If there is nothing there, would the issue be server side?  Took a look in my past logs as I believe this is how I have seen it in the past too, like with 0.0.32 and prior.  Old logs also show runtime: none.  Wonder if that is part of the underlying issue as opposed to the multiple API calls that affect trakt, etc.

kolbasz

@

Where on the server can I see runtime?  I do not see it as a metadata field

marcelveldt

If the item doesn't have a runtime you will have this issue with all emby clients, not just the kodi addon. The emby server reads the file to determine its length, I suppose that fails in your environment

• Like 1

kolbasz

If the item doesn't have a runtime you will have this issue with all emby clients, not just the kodi addon. The emby server reads the file to determine its length, I suppose that fails in your environment

So is this a server sided issue?  Thoughts/suggestions what to try and where to look?

I am looking at the meta data and see no field for time, so I am not sure where I should be looking.

edit:  I found runtime under reports.  Some shows have a runtime, but I would say 90% do not.  So the questions is why?  Not sure why a majority show no runtime.  

Edited by kolbasz

Angelblue05

You can simply try to play the same problem content in the webclient. See if it marks as played when you skip in/resume from. If the runtime is indeed missing from your server, then it will cause the same issue because as marcelveldt and null_pointer said, the server depends on this information to know if it's been 90% played, for example. 90% of Nothing (runtime is non existant) is nothing, therefore marking as played when the item is partially played.

I hope it makes sense :)

Edited by Angelblue05

kolbasz

OK, making progress. Went through the painstaking task of updating 2k episodes. Most are good, now some show like 1 minutes so trying to fix that. Then I'll test again.

kolbasz

@

nothing like chasing the wrong thing this whole time...seems my big issue was the server having no run times.

running some tests now, but I can see status in the dashboard now and stopping the video halfway doesnt result in it being watched.

This is awesome!  Thanks for all the hard work!  

Now if we can figure out why this is happening in order to eliminate the super fun manual work currently required.

• Like 2

Angelblue05

Thank you for letting us know. I'm glad this is resolved. :)

It might have been some leftover mess up from the server bug in one of the latest version....Updating content would cause it to lose metadata (so information like season number, episode number, maybe even runtime?...who knows)

If you see it happen again, you can report it in the server section of the forums.