Importing metadata from .xml file

BillyGun

BillyGun

Hi, can some one help me?  :P

- Is there a way to media browser to import the metadata from a ".xml", if so, how would it be? (I need this becouse I had organized my movie files to Media Browser 2.0 a long time (in 2011) ago and I'm from Brazil, so I need information in Portuguese, and I made all the work back then  :unsure:, to do all again will be a pain.

- Another question, supose my movies are on the "C:\Movies\" Folder, but some time from now i cange it to "D:\Movies" or under an server, how can I mantain the same metadata's? I don't want to loose all the work.

Thank you very much

:ph34r:  :wacko:  :o  :rolleyes:  :wub:  :blink:

Most metadata from MB2 will work, but it is hard to guarantee anything. Best thing to do is try it.

• Like 1

BillyGun

Thank you very much Luke, none of my metadata worked, I don't know if there is something that I need to setup for it to do so or maybe it does need the .xml file to be with an spetial name., iof so how would it be?

The metadata was all set to the "mymovies.xml", is there a way to media browser get the metadata from this file, and how I prevent media browser to not to change the metadata file?

Can you please help me Luke again?

Thank you very much

Edited by BillyGun

AdrianW

Rename all your "mymovies.xml" to just "movie.xml" - even MB2 changed over to just "movie.xml" years ago, you must have been using a very old version.

Also, under Metadata > Basics - make sure you've checked "Save artwork and metadata into media folders" - if you don't want emby to change the contents of the xml files then uncheck "Download artwork and metadata from the internet".

• Like 1

One2Go

For a switch From the latest MB2 meta data collection with folder.jpg, backdrop.jpg, logo.png, clearart.png, banner.jpg & movie.xml in the media folders and displaying just perfect under MB2 is there anything else to be aware of when switching to EMBY and wanting to keep the meta data?

In addition for grouped movies I have a folder.xml together with folder.jpg, backdrop.jpg, logo.png & clearart.png how does EMBY handle grouped movies?

• Like 1

BillyGun

Thank you very much AdrianW and One2go, 

I have stoped using Media Center and Media Browser a log time ago becouse my PC became very slow, now I got a new one and I am trying to re-install everything.

I will give a try for all your tips 

Thank you very Much, again

:P  ;)  :D

Edited by BillyGun