Partial metadata obtained for episodes; no ep#

ScottIsAFool

initial import of the file always works. Any following update to that files( adding of subs, new quality file) seems to cause the issue.

Nope. Downloading and manually copying a subtitle file for an episode into the directory does not cause hte issue for me.

For me, it always happens for newly added episodes...but from a report like the one you described above, it has affected other shows too.

I should add that after adding the subtitle file, I also  did a library re-scan (several in fact) as well as a specific refresh of the episode for which i added subs. Nothing caused it to "break".

Edited by Zakal

saitoh183

Nope. Downloading and manually copying a subtitle file for an episode into the directory does not cause hte issue for me.

For me, it always happens for newly added episodes...but from a report like the one you described above, it has affected other shows too.

I should add that after adding the subtitle file, I also  did a library re-scan (several in fact) as well as a specific refresh of the episode for which i added subs. Nothing caused it to "break".

@@Zakal

what version of Emby server you running?

Edited by saitoh183

saitoh183

Just tested with the latest build 5588.1 and still the same problem. I simply added a sub and refresh cause episode to lose season and episode number. Also refresh is still not working on episode level. 

http://pastebin.com/TjceYuJa

Edited by saitoh183

I've been trying to reproduce and haven't been able to. Upgrading quality is something I do all the time so I'm looking out for it. As soon as I repro there will be a fix

saitoh183

Just tested with the latest build 5588.1 and still the same problem. I simply added a sub and refresh cause episode to lose season and episode number. Also refresh is still not working on episode level. 

http://pastebin.com/TjceYuJa

@@Luke

did you try adding a subtitle?

@@Zakal

what version of Emby server you running?

I was running the former stable release when I first noticed the problem...then I upgraded to Beta 3.0.5588.0, but now I see there is a new version out, I will try this now and report back.

saitoh183

I was running the former stable release when I first noticed the problem...then I upgraded to Beta 3.0.5588.0, but now I see there is a new version out, I will try this now and report back.

@@Zakal

I tried and it still has the same issue but Luke cannot reproduce the problem.. So I don't know what the problem can be.

@@Zakal

I tried and it still has the same issue but Luke cannot reproduce the problem.. So I don't know what the problem can be.

Hmm...here is what I just did:

1. Upgraded to 5588.1

2. Removed an episode that didnt have an ep number or overview (incomplete metadata) from the show directory and copied it to my desktop (not a watched folder)

3. Rescanned the library....the episode disappeared.

4. Copied episode back to the show directory.

5. Rescanned library....show reappeared now with full metadata.

However, the weird thing is that none of the other episodes that exhibit this problem were corrected in any of the rescans. Just the one I removed and replaced.

EDIT: Just repeated the above process, but let MediaBrowser discover the replaced episode itself...again....problem didn't arise.

Edited by Zakal

saitoh183

Hmm...here is what I just did:

1. Upgraded to 5588.1

2. Removed an episode that didnt have an ep number or overview (incomplete metadata) from the show directory and copied it to my desktop (not a watched folder)

3. Rescanned the library....the episode disappeared.

4. Copied episode back to the show directory.

5. Rescanned library....show reappeared now with full metadata.

However, the weird thing is that none of the other episodes that exhibit this problem were corrected in any of the rescans. Just the one I removed and replaced.

EDIT: Just repeated the above process, but let MediaBrowser discover the replaced episode itself...again....problem didn't arise.

If I do that, it will work but if I add subs or upgrade the quality, the problem returns. All I have at least 300 episodes with the problem, so using your method is painful. If refreshing was working, I could fix them. So I hope the next release will have the right fix. Since the release and beta are the same, I don't think changing to release will fix anything.

If I do that, it will work but if I add subs or upgrade the quality, the problem returns. All I have at least 300 episodes with the problem, so using your method is painful. If refreshing was working, I could fix them. So I hope the next release will have the right fix. Since the release and beta are the same, I don't think changing to release will fix anything.

Yeah its odd that we are having the same problem, arising in completely different ways, and the method of fixing that works for me doesnt work for you.

I don't want to go through refreshing everything that I add in each week.

The only remaining test I have to do is seeing if, after the update, it works the same when uTorrent creates the file, as when I manually copy and paste it into the directory. As soon as the next show I grab comes out, I'll let you know.

saitoh183

Yeah its odd that we are having the same problem, arising in completely different ways, and the method of fixing that works for me doesnt work for you.

I don't want to go through refreshing everything that I add in each week.

The only remaining test I have to do is seeing if, after the update, it works the same when uTorrent creates the file, as when I manually copy and paste it into the directory. As soon as the next show I grab comes out, I'll let you know.

@@Luke

So i did a test of turning off library monitor and adding subs and running library scan manually and the same problem happened

primecut

Can confirm the same behavior (see http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/20155-metadata-issue).  Is anyone else with this problem using the "Enable real time monitoring" setting?  I seem to get better results with this off.

I have this option enabled but reproduced the error with a manual database refresh. I haven't changed many settings from the default ones but looking through the logs you, saitoh and me have provided it seems like we all have set a external WAN DNS. Maybe that messes up the metadata refresh in some way?

saitoh183

I have this option enabled but reproduced the error with a manual database refresh. I haven't changed many settings from the default ones but looking through the logs you, saitoh and me have provided it seems like we all have set a external WAN DNS. Maybe that messes up the metadata refresh in some way?

@@primecut

I also tried with my Localhost 

I haven't...at least not intentionally.

Okay, now this is weird. After some positive testing on the new build yesterday, the problem resurfaced today.

I added two torrents to uTorrent and did a manual refresh.

The first torrent was picked up perfectly. The second displayed the problem.

I will do a test a bit later on where I will add multiple files to my library before doing a refresh to see if its the multiplicty thats breaking it.

EDIT: Okay, so I did that. I removed 2 episodes from my library, copied them to desktop. Manual refresh. Copies them back. Manual refresh again. Both worked.

However it occurs to me that this is a potentially flawed test as they were already working as part of the library before, so there may be some sliver of them that remains in the MB database that prevents the error occuring.

I will have to just get a few more random torrent files to test multiple downloads on again.

Edited by Zakal

Okay, now this is weird. After some positive testing on the new build yesterday, the problem resurfaced today.

I added two torrents to uTorrent and did a manual refresh.

The first torrent was picked up perfectly. The second displayed the problem.

I will do a test a bit later on where I will add multiple files to my library before doing a refresh to see if its the multiplicty thats breaking it.

EDIT: Okay, so I did that. I removed 2 episodes from my library, copied them to desktop. Manual refresh. Copies them back. Manual refresh again. Both worked.

However it occurs to me that this is a potentially flawed test as they were already working as part of the library before, so there may be some sliver of them that remains in the MB database that prevents the error occuring.

I will have to just get a few more random torrent files to test multiple downloads on again.

Okay wow, now this is weird. The first episode I added earlier...the one that worked....has now failed. Just went in to look at something, and noticed the season and episode info, as well as the overview, is missing.

...The weirdness continues. Just found some old episodes I haven't touched since last June were missing overviews, but still had their Season and Episode info, and were displaying weird.

I.e. if the a file is called something like "Archer.s01E07.Skytanic.720p.mkv", it will usually show up in Mediabrowser, under Archer -> Season 1, as "7 - Skytanic"

Instead, this was showing up as "7 - Archer.s01E07.Skytanic.720p"

So I hit Refresh as usual. Instead of fixing it, it just lost the season and episode data, and now it  it just displays as "Archer.s01E07.Skytanic.720p".

No season, no episode, no overview. Refreshing it actually broke it further, whereas normally it fixes it.

Here is a pic of what this error looks like as it manifests a bit different from the others as its almost like its not identifying the episode correctly at all, yet it has put it in the correct show and season part of MB.

24e5154.jpg

Edited by Zakal

Okay wow, now this is weird. The first episode I added earlier...the one that worked....has now failed. Just went in to look at something, and noticed the season and episode info, as well as the overview, is missing.

post the server log from the time it was added until just now. hopefully you've had debug logging on.

post the server log from the time it was added until just now. hopefully you've had debug logging on.

Arrgh....ooops.

Its on now. I will try and recreate the error.

Okay, I enabled debugging.

Went into another Archer episode like the one descirbed above, this time 1x09.

Hit refresh. Broke the season and epsiode info. Hit advanced refresh. didnt fix it. Manually entered "1" as the season and "9" as the episode and hit Advanced Refresh. Still didn't fix it.

The log is attached.

server-63565430400.txt

that log has no mention of archer so there's nothing really for me to look at.

Hmm thats odd. However, can you look at the part about 9:11am where Americans 3x13 and Silicon Valley 2x02 get added? Those are the two eps i was talking about before. Americans added first, SV later. Or is that part of the log useless because debugging wasn't enabled?

Okay, herewith an updated log.

Just added Community 6x07 and Big Bang Theory 8x22 to uTorrent. Waited for the files to be created. Did a manual refresh. Then copied the log.

The usual error was on both files: i.e. no season and episode data or overview, yet both allocated to the correct season of the correct show in the Metadata Manager.

server-63565430400 - B.txt