Partial metadata obtained for episodes; no ep#

ScottIsAFool

(I've seen other posts that describe kind of a similar issue but not exactly this one, so here goes)

As of a few server (beta) versions ago, I'm getting this weird phenomenon, intermittently (but quite a lot):

An episode (or a bunch thereof) appears, on the client side (I mainly use MBC), as having just an episode name but no number, no content description etc. Hitting "refresh" on the client side does nothing.

If I don't do anything, it remains this way "forever" (several days, at least).

On the metadata manager I see that the episode is kind of stuck halfway into bringing in metadata. Episode name is there, but season and ep numbers are not, as well as other items such as overview. The tvdb and imdb ID's are in fact there.

The interesting thing is, that for most such cases, when I click "refresh" on the metadata manager (without manually changing any field), metadata is brought in in full and seems to be just fine.

This happens quite often lately (although not with all episodes). I had a couple of cases where just a refresh didn't help, and I had to manually insert ep# - save - refresh to sort things out, but these are an exception and I tend to see them as a different issue.

Below is a screenshot from the MD manager for such an episode.

55321bb05a172_201504Embypartialmetadata.

Edited by doron

ScottIsAFool

Can you give me an example so I know what to look out for (when looking at your server).

Karbowiak

I have the exact same problem, that and it sometimes just randomly "forgets" the metadata for a whole bunch of shows.

Super annoying to say the least :(

MrWebsmith

sorry i left that phone at the office this weekend.... i rejoin the case on monday, unless something major calls me back in..then ill grab it and check out .4 #oncallsux

techywarrior

Can you give me an example so I know what to look out for (when looking at your server).

Connect to my server and go to TV, Next Up. You should see 7 shows listed with next up episodes. The third and fourth shows listed aren't part of the TV library/view (not sure what the correct non-confusing terminology is). Anyway, Volume 2 and S1X02 -Imprisso are not supposed to be listed here. You can connect via the web client as well and compare that they are not there.

New issue:

Synced my first item last night. I see it shows that it is synced in the client (there is an "unsync" icon now instead of sync) and I see that the server says that it is synced however when I played the file it is not playing the local version. The server shows that it is transcoding the file and playing it remotely. (even have a transcode log on the server). Not sure if the log would help but either the Send Log link doesn't work (I clicked it multiple times and nothing seems to happen) or you now have like 5 copies of my log :)

Hi Luke,

if you have other programs that create nfo's or update nfo's, try turning them off. and please see

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

The folder of the series I used as an example only has mkv and srt files.

Re posting rules, I  didn't know which log to send you guys - since I don't really know when it happened. I attached a screenshot that present  current state.

I can dig back through log history into when these episodes were inserted - would that be what you need? If not, please direct me as to what would be helpful.

saitoh183

@@Luke this problem is really hard to catch since we have to almost monitor the server all the time. I don't have another application that create NFO files so I don't know what could be causing this problem I use XML files

MiChAeLoKGB

Well, I have same problem, its supposed to be fixed, but its not...

But actually none of my episodes gets a season and episode number. And I downloaded more than 50 episodes, so yeah...

Anyway, I updated my post here with log and screens: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/20175-mediaserver-not-updating-new-episodes/?p=199763

2015-04-19 05:06:52.4100 Debug - App: Running FFProbeProvider for G:\Seriály\Blacklist\Season 1\Blacklist S01E02.avi
2015-04-19 05:06:52.4100 Debug - App: Running EpisodeXmlProvider for G:\Seriály\Blacklist\Season 1\Blacklist S01E02.avi
2015-04-19 05:06:52.4100 Debug - App: EpisodeXmlProvider returned no metadata for G:\Seriály\Blacklist\Season 1\Blacklist S01E02.avi
2015-04-19 05:06:52.4100 Debug - App: Running EpisodeNfoProvider for G:\Seriály\Blacklist\Season 1\Blacklist S01E02.avi
2015-04-19 05:06:52.4100 Debug - App: EpisodeNfoProvider returned no metadata for G:\Seriály\Blacklist\Season 1\Blacklist S01E02.avi
2015-04-19 05:06:52.4100 Debug - App: Running TvdbEpisodeProvider for G:\Seriály\Blacklist\Season 1\Blacklist S01E02.avi
2015-04-19 05:06:52.4100 Debug - App: TvdbEpisodeProvider returned no metadata for G:\Seriály\Blacklist\Season 1\Blacklist S01E02.avi
2015-04-19 05:06:52.4100 Debug - App: Saving G:\Seriály\Blacklist\Season 1\Blacklist S01E02.avi to database.
Edited by MiChAeLoKGB

FrostByte

I still can't get music to play.  Tried forwarding ports 8096 and 8945 (though on Win 8.1) and still nothing so I must be doing something wrong.

Anyhow, I noticed while looking at the server logs that it is transcoding wma files to mp3.  Is that to be expected?  Just thought it wouldn't need to

http://pastebin.com/gBnqmEsa

Well, I have same problem, its supposed to be fixed, but its not...

But actually none of my episodes gets a season and episode number. And I downloaded more than 50 episodes, so yeah...

Anyway, I updated my post here with log and screens: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/20175-mediaserver-not-updating-new-episodes/?p=199763

2015-04-19 05:06:52.4100 Debug - App: Running FFProbeProvider for G:\Seriály\Blacklist\Season 1\Blacklist S01E02.avi
2015-04-19 05:06:52.4100 Debug - App: Running EpisodeXmlProvider for G:\Seriály\Blacklist\Season 1\Blacklist S01E02.avi
2015-04-19 05:06:52.4100 Debug - App: EpisodeXmlProvider returned no metadata for G:\Seriály\Blacklist\Season 1\Blacklist S01E02.avi
2015-04-19 05:06:52.4100 Debug - App: Running EpisodeNfoProvider for G:\Seriály\Blacklist\Season 1\Blacklist S01E02.avi
2015-04-19 05:06:52.4100 Debug - App: EpisodeNfoProvider returned no metadata for G:\Seriály\Blacklist\Season 1\Blacklist S01E02.avi
2015-04-19 05:06:52.4100 Debug - App: Running TvdbEpisodeProvider for G:\Seriály\Blacklist\Season 1\Blacklist S01E02.avi
2015-04-19 05:06:52.4100 Debug - App: TvdbEpisodeProvider returned no metadata for G:\Seriály\Blacklist\Season 1\Blacklist S01E02.avi
2015-04-19 05:06:52.4100 Debug - App: Saving G:\Seriály\Blacklist\Season 1\Blacklist S01E02.avi to database.

There was still some more work to do when tvdb does not have metadata in your preferred language. It's been resolved for the next release. You can get the fix immediately by grabbing the dev server release.

MiChAeLoKGB

Ill wait for the beta. Weird is, that it was working before well. Under The Dome Season 1 and big bang Theory seasons 1 to 8 were recognized without any problems before, so what changed?

Ps.: I know you were setting Slovak and Czech as fallback for each other, as i was suggesting you some time ago, but would be nice to have options like "Slovak, Czech, Slovak/Czech" for such things as metadata and subtitles etc. As those languages are 95% the same. Now I rather download my subtitles manualy, jus to prevent EMBY sometimes downloading Slovak subtitles when movie has czech audio.

Thx.

Edited by MiChAeLoKGB

(something weird happened to this post or the forum - this topic views as intermixed with other topic(s)).

the next time you add a new episode

So haven't managed to get this yet, but I can now add that this happens not only with TV Series episodes. Happened with a movie, the same way: Movie title is in, some backdrops and other images, and that's it. No actors, no overview text, nada. Been sitting this way for a few days. Go into Metadata Manager, see the partially filled page for the movie (imdb and tmdb IDs are there), push "Refresh" - and all the details get pulled in happily.

Happy2Play

(something weird happened to this post or the forum - this topic views as intermixed with other topic(s)).

Looks like multiple topics have been merged.

primecut

Hi,

since this is happening to me to and is starting to bother me quite a bit I tried to reproduce the error, which turned out to be very easy: replace an episde file with a (in my case) higher quality one. As far as I can tell this error occurs every time. What I did to reproduce the error: I added Alias S03E02 in 720p quality and forced a library update. The episode was detected and the meta data was filled completely (as can be seen in the first screenshot). I waited for the library scan to complete and replaced the 720p file with a 1080p file and forced another library scan and except the episode thumbnail, title and TVDB id, the metadata vanished (screenshot two). Usually (like 4 beta versions ago), I could get the metadata back by manually refreshing the season, but this isn't working anymore either, the blue wheel just keeps spinning in the background forever. I am not using .nfo files. All metadata is parsed through emby.

emby version: Version 3.0.5587.39708 (dev channel)

preferred language: german

Screenshots of Metadata Browser:

http://imgur.com/Xnwxdoo,qHUgGmK#0

testlog.txt

• Like 2

saitoh183

Hi,

since this is happening to me to and is starting to bother me quite a bit I tried to reproduce the error, which turned out to be very easy: replace an episde file with a (in my case) higher quality one. As far as I can tell this error occurs every time. What I did to reproduce the error: I added Alias S03E02 in 720p quality and forced a library update. The episode was detected and the meta data was filled completely (as can be seen in the first screenshot). I waited for the library scan to complete and replaced the 720p file with a 1080p file and forced another library scan and except the episode thumbnail, title and TVDB id, the metadata vanished (screenshot two). Usually (like 4 beta versions ago), I could get the metadata back by manually refreshing the season, but this isn't working anymore either, the blue wheel just keeps spinning in the background forever. I am not using .nfo files. All metadata is parsed through emby.

emby version: Version 3.0.5587.39708 (dev channel)

preferred language: german

Screenshots of Metadata Browser:

http://imgur.com/Xnwxdoo,qHUgGmK#0

good catch...hope this is fixed soon cuz my system often updates shows with the PROPER version of the file

Just checked - for me it happens without the need for an episode replacement, i.e. even the first time an episode is introduced. And as I said yesterday, I caught it happening with a movie, too (it's just a little less obvious since it does not involve ep#).

So while primecut's reproduction is undoubtedly correct, apparently it's not the only situation that creates this phenomena.

MiChAeLoKGB

Same for me, none of the episodes, even the first one, gets the metadata. Not even the XML files are generated unless I force refresh, but even with forced refresh I get no metadata, it only creates the XML file with date added and running time.

Here's a refresh I did just now for a recent episode of Man Men.

2015-04-20 23:12:52.4664 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP POST http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/Items/9362297f4a35225b598fc7acf177bfaa/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=FullRefresh&MetadataRefreshMode=FullRefresh&ReplaceAllMetadata=true
	Ip: 127.0.0.1:56303. Headers: Host=localhost:8096,User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0,Accept=*/*,Accept-Language=en-US,en;q=0.5,Accept-Encoding=gzip, deflate,Authorization=MediaBrowser Client="Dashboard", Device="Firefox 37.0", DeviceId="7d866b764afee3f645b6571d3d20dc6ac6c463e4", Version="3.0.5582.4", UserId="febd73fbc107851ebe071017226f80f7",X-MediaBrowser-Token=885d9ca4002b4bdbaba96eb86004e37d,Connection=keep-alive,Pragma=no-cache,Cache-Control=no-cache,Content-Length=0
2015-04-20 23:12:52.4664 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 127.0.0.1. Response time: 0 ms.
	Url: http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/Items/9362297f4a35225b598fc7acf177bfaa/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=FullRefresh&MetadataRefreshMode=FullRefresh&ReplaceAllMetadata=true
2015-04-20 23:12:52.6394 Debug - App: Running FFProbeProvider for \\10.0.0.100\nas\media\VIDEO\TV Series\Mad Men\Season 7\Mad.Men.S07E09.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
2015-04-20 23:12:52.6854 Debug - App: Running TvdbEpisodeProvider for \\10.0.0.100\nas\media\VIDEO\TV Series\Mad Men\Season 7\Mad.Men.S07E09.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
2015-04-20 23:12:52.6854 Debug - App: TvdbEpisodeProvider returned no metadata for \\10.0.0.100\nas\media\VIDEO\TV Series\Mad Men\Season 7\Mad.Men.S07E09.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
2015-04-20 23:12:52.6854 Debug - App: Running EpisodeNfoProvider for \\10.0.0.100\nas\media\VIDEO\TV Series\Mad Men\Season 7\Mad.Men.S07E09.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
2015-04-20 23:12:52.6854 Debug - App: EpisodeNfoProvider returned no metadata for \\10.0.0.100\nas\media\VIDEO\TV Series\Mad Men\Season 7\Mad.Men.S07E09.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
2015-04-20 23:12:52.6854 Debug - App: Running EpisodeXmlProvider for \\10.0.0.100\nas\media\VIDEO\TV Series\Mad Men\Season 7\Mad.Men.S07E09.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
2015-04-20 23:12:52.6854 Debug - App: EpisodeXmlProvider returned no metadata for \\10.0.0.100\nas\media\VIDEO\TV Series\Mad Men\Season 7\Mad.Men.S07E09.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
2015-04-20 23:12:52.6854 Debug - App: Saving \\10.0.0.100\nas\media\VIDEO\TV Series\Mad Men\Season 7\Mad.Men.S07E09.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv to database.

Same this is happening for me, and has been for the last week or two. Tried updating to latest Beta, but problem still exists.

It seems to be happening with every single new episode I add.

If I go into the server config, then the metadata browser, find the offending episode and manually refresh, it works fine...but I have to do it at the episode level for every single episode.

I've tried refreshing at the season level and higher, but it doesn't work unless the refresh is done on the episode in question only. 

Its super annoying because its only a recent thing...seems about the time of the "Emby" migration, but I can't be sure of that cos i didn't notice it immediately.

Also, my language is English so I doubt its related to TVDB not having the metadata available in my language.

• Like 1

saitoh183

Anyone with this issue, could you test adding a subtitle file to your media folder and see if emby removes the eps and season from title. I have over 400eps that have this problem (using Emby Reports, episode view, Adv. Filter: Missing Overviews, sort order:episode name) and the only think i can think off that could have changed so many files is that Sickrage downloaded subtitle files for most of them.

saitoh183

Anyone with this issue, could you test adding a subtitle file to your media folder and see if emby removes the eps and season from title. I have over 400eps that have this problem (using Emby Reports, episode view, Adv. Filter: Missing Overviews, sort order:episode name) and the only think i can think off that could have changed so many files is that Sickrage downloaded subtitle files for most of them.

initial import of the file always works. Any following update to that files( adding of subs, new quality file) seems to cause the issue.

saitoh183

initial import of the file always works. Any following update to that files( adding of subs, new quality file) seems to cause the issue.

So i was able to test the problem and updating subtitles also triggers the issue of lost of season and episode numbers

http://pastebin.com/wUUkPqvr

55371eb8aee5b_subs.jpg