Partial metadata obtained for episodes; no ep#

ScottIsAFool

ScottIsAFool

Ok, so it's here, being able to take your media offline. With the new beta, you can select videos (be they movies, episodes, your own videos), music, or even just whole tv shows, the server will convert them (if required) and get them transferred to your device.

You can also create sync jobs for other clients (say you have 7's app and want to get something ready to be put on there), as well as manage your own sync jobs. Managing other client's sync jobs will come further down the line.

At the moment, you still need to be online in order to get to the items, even if they have been synced to your device. I'm working on full offline at the moment, but I was keen to get this in your hands to get some early feedback.

The only major known issue with this release is if you start playing an offline video, and then stop watching it, you will be unable to play it again (be it from the beginning or resuming) until you restart the app. This little gotcha is what has delayed me releasing this to you guys initially (now I just want some feedback regardless of this bug).

Also in this release, the main page now shows you any resumable items you may have.

Do I need to mention the app no longer mentions Media Browser? You noticed that already, right? If you spot anywhere that mentions Media Browser, MediaBrowser or MB, please let me know (although I'm pretty sure I got everything).

techywarrior

Name change fail :P

About section. Forum URL is old one.

Settings - tiles. The image with the random backdrops says mediabrowser. 

Still not using the new view settings. Guess that will be the release after sync. Will check sync tomorrow since its midnight right now.

Edited by techywarrior

ScottIsAFool

Ahh, thanks.

Views will hopefully be coming once sync/offline is sorted.

ScottIsAFool

66.2 should be arriving on your devices now. This adds user configured views (@@techywarrior!!!). If you prefer to have it how it was, go to settings > general settings > use library folders.

MrWebsmith

on 66.2 ... scott, should views all be functional.. they look right.. right order..right icon..etc.. but only collections/channels/live tv can be opened.. my top two, which are movies and tv... i can press the icon until im blue in the face but it doesnt open

ive fully closed and re-launch the app... want logs for this?  (or pm me for refreshed access to my server)

ScottIsAFool

Odd, my top two are movies and tv as well and they were working just fine. Yeah, if want to invite me to your server, it might help, thanks. Only thing I can think of is if those two views have a media type i'm not catering for, but even then, it should do *something*

MrWebsmith

ill invite you as a user then... also live tv programs load but dont play.. video stream error... ill try to give you live tv access also to your user

techywarrior

Woot!!!

Scott, my top two (Movies and TV) can't be clicked either. You still have access to my server if you want to connect and test.

I see you updated the image in Settings->Tile to say Emby but the forum URL in About is still wrong.

I said I would test sync but I didn't have time yet (I just finished building a 7 foot by 8 foot new DVD storage unit from scratch so I can expand my movie collection :) )

ScottIsAFool

Already got a fix ready for the views.

Forum url will change for the actual release, as the file that this needs changing in, i only change when I release a full version :) It's noted though :)

ScottIsAFool

@@MrWebsmith can you get your server logs please. I have a fix for your initial problem, but I'm getting another error crop up that I don't see on my server, so we need to see why the api call is failing on yours.

techywarrior

Looks like I will need to wait for the next beta version to do further testing. Clicking on anything to play results in a slight flicker and then nothing. Pressing back makes it flicker again but still can't interact with the main part of the screen. Back again closes the app.

techywarrior

Correct. Live TV at least attempted to play (went to the player) but said "the video failed to play". Recorded TV works.

Since I can't click on Movies or TV I tried testing clicking from the Recent list and the other views which are folders. On clicking on either a title in recent or on something from the folders in view I just get what I described before.

ScottIsAFool

I just pushed 66.3 which will sort the movies/tv views so you can access those shortly.

MrWebsmith

yup... i can enter all views now.. on 66.3  i will test as many functions as i can and report back.. thanks scott for the quick fixes today

clicking on any tv episode or movie, im able to confirm what techy is reporting above.. the "flash" and then the device is "stuck" and then after a while becomes responsive again... if you give it 30secs + it eventually becomes responsive again and you dont have to leave the app (nor does it fully crash)

Edited by MrWebsmith

ScottIsAFool

Ok, I see what you guys are seeing now, looking into it now.

• Like 1

ScottIsAFool

66.4 was just submitted, fixes the problem of getting to movies/tv episodes.

ScottIsAFool

Hehe. If you go to the store, then app bar > settings > check for updates, you'll get .4 ;)

techywarrior

It takes a while for it to propagate to the different regions. I only got 66.3 an hour ago or so. And I had checked for updates manually about 5 times since you said you posted it.

techywarrior

Got 66.4. Getting closer :)

Movies and TV views work. Movies look good. Found a small issue in TV. TV Next Up is showing next up episodes for shows that aren't part of the TV view. I think the Win8 app has the same issue but the web client, MBC, Roku don't have that problem.

Played a few files and they played correctly. Live TV still isn't working. Although I just checked on the released version and it is having problems too (but it tries to play and just shows a black screen) so it's not exactly the same as the beta not playing.