Cannot install...

dlambermont

dlambermont

I've been using MB2,0 for a long time, but I am attempting my very first install of the MB 3.0 server.

Installing on Windows 7...

Not getting very far.  I downloaded the setup.exe, and when I run it I get a "Downloading Media Browser Server (version 3.0)" splash screen, and an error message dialog:

Error Downloading Package

System.NullReferenceException

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Clicking "OK" exits the installer.

That's it.

The server logs don't have much more:

MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Creating install session for server
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Installing Media Browser Server
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Attempting to retrieve latest version of MBServer
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Version is 3.0
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Downloading Media Browser Server version 3.0
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Error: 0 : Error downloading.  Installation aborting. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I'm not getting far enough to see a specific version number, but I downloaded the setup exe today.

• 2 years later...

Media Browser was not working properly, so I uninstalled it. But when I tried to install it again, it said -

These are the Media Browser Install Logs

MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Installing Media Browser Classic

MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Attempting to retrieve latest version of MBClassic

MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Version is 3.0

MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Downloading Media Browser Classic version 3.0

MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Error: 0 : Error downloading.  Installation aborting. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I've downloaded the setup again and tried it several times but no luck.

Would be happy if you suggest something.

Thank You.

Happy2Play

Media Browser was not working properly, so I uninstalled it. But when I tried to install it again, it said -

These are the Media Browser Install Logs

MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Installing Media Browser Classic

MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Attempting to retrieve latest version of MBClassic

MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Version is 3.0

MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Downloading Media Browser Classic version 3.0

MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Error: 0 : Error downloading.  Installation aborting. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I've downloaded the setup again and tried it several times but no luck.

Would be happy if you suggest something.

Thank You.

Cannot Install Server or MBT/MBC