Emby Connect

dravokivich

dravokivich

Hi All,

Apologies, I could not find anywhere that identified as somewhere for this topic.

I've setup Emby connect on my account and on my server. When i login on the App website and on the Andorid App I have it available to select (when outside of my home network). However it always fails to connect.

Plex have a similar solution and in the same settign as outlined above, I'm able to browse my plex server, which is on the same host as Emby at home.

I was wondering if there was a general troubleshooting guide around, or if anyone has any pointers on what to look for to resolve this?

There was nothing much on the wiki, other than just setting up an account. I'm wondering if there's anything outside of Emby that may need to also be configured in order to allow Emby Connect, to work.

dravokivich

Hi Luke,

Sorry if it was unclear, but it's not just with the Android App. I get the same issue from the website app here.

So is Emby Connect primarily an Android thing, so any queries go under there then?

that's ok. Emby Connect doesn't do anything special, it simply tells the android app how to connect to your server. So I'm pretty sure what we're going to find in the android log is that the app just can't reach your server. but let's confirm.