Emby for Kodi delete file

Sek0n

I use kodi as a watch then delete type of thing. Before the new addon I used WebDAV to do it, and could always just hit delete and have the "Remove from Library > Remove File" option. With the new addon though, I only get the library removal, and it leaves the file.

Is this a current limitation of the HTTP feature, or is there something I missed? I thought I read it was possible in a thread, but can't find or remember it.

xnappo

Yes, the delete function only works when it has access to the file system.  It will not work over HTTP.

Ah, that sucks. Is there any plan to look into trying to get it to work in the future?

It's the only thing missing for my setup now, and it's somewhat annoying. lol So just curious.

Thanks

xnappo

I'll give it a solid maybe.

I actually had code in there to do it, but it was problematic and we removed it when we went to having direct access to the file.

Once things stabilize I will take a look at it - by stabilize I mean Kodi database always 100% matching Emby data which is the #1 priority right now.

• Like 1

Good enough for me. All I could ask for.

Thanks!

Speaking of matching. This is unrelated to my other question, but I just ran into this today after I reinstalled kodi and my server:

NOTICE: Emby -> Error adding episode to Kodi Library, no ParentIndexNumber - ID: 7e0e7441eb14a7c2aa0eec98a7e5fa59 - @[member="midnight"] - 2015-04-15 - Chris D'elia, Ian Edwards, Fahim Anwar HDTV-720p

When it was getting to that episode, it was stalling the whole process. Stayed at the Sync dialog until I force closed Kodi. I ended up having to move the file out of the directory to let it finish. That specific ep wont add at all.

• Like 1

xnappo

Yeah, that is hopefully fixed in the Git and will be released shortly - but exactly the kind of thing we need to get solid before adding more features :)

• 2 months later...
nonstatic

A little late to the party, but just wanted to add my vote for this feature.  I also delete what I've watched 95% of the time.  I'd prefer to do this in Kodi instead of having to open a browser to do it in Emby.

However, just wanted to say I'm happy that when it's deleted in Emby, it is reflected in the Kodi library.  When I was running MySQL, deleting a file in Kodi didn't seem to work for me even though I had the permissions/settings enabled.  I always had to do it manually in windows explorer. 

xnappo

This feature has been in a for a long time.  Just turn on offer delete for episodes in the settings.

• Like 1

xnappo

:) yeah I will try to remember to add that option when I get back from China (next week).

• Like 2