Feature Request - Running tasks detailed status

Smaky

Smaky

It would be great if there might be possible to have detailed information on the running tasks shown in the server dashboard. In addition to the bar that provides feedback on the progress of the task it would be very good if additional details may be shown by pressing a button (see the mock-up below).

For long running tasks like library scans, Roku thumbnail and Sync it will allow to have a better understanding on the progress and will allow for better error reporting.

552eba1057917_mockupfw.png

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. Moderator can you please move to the appropriate forum?

Edited by Smaky
  • Like 3

• 3 years later...
jaquestati

yea i searched but didn't find this/made a duplicate request...

yes a big second here.... it's the most aggravating thing about emby...  especially during initial scans.

redoing reimporting all my stuff 100+tbs off google drive takes weeks... and days go by where you cant tell if emby is doing anything at all.. hahaha..

yes you can download the log and open it up in something like notepad++ (which ive been doing every hour or alot of the time here, trying to figure out why a library is taking days and days to import)
but it is next to impossible to figure out whats actually going on from the log....

what we need is a scrolling, updated dedicated activities page like plex has (where it tells you exactly what file is being scanned, what its doing with that file (downloading metadata analyzing etc))

i mean i've been importing this library off an on for like 3 days and emby just gets to like 98% and stays there for 24 hours : ) : (

if i just had an easy way to see exactly what it was doing i'd feel so much better...

the only way i really have of knowing its doing something is running system monitor on my server.... when emby is importing it averages a whopping 80mb's a second (i have no idea why its like for some files it has to download the whole file from google to analyze or something.... embys burned thru like 30tbs in a few weeks here!!?? : (

Guest Normal

redoing reimporting all my stuff 100+tbs off google drive takes weeks... and days go by where you cant tell if emby is doing anything at all.. hahaha..

My solution for this is a new folder structure.

Movies > 2012 > [all files here, mkv, nfo, jpgs].

Like this I never lose these files AND... I calm down the servbers where the meta comes from a bit because Emby doesn't need to download anything.

jaquestati

My solution for this is a new folder structure.

Movies > 2012 > [all files here, mkv, nfo, jpgs].

Like this I never lose these files AND... I calm down the servbers where the meta comes from a bit because Emby doesn't need to download anything.

alas i can't write to the google drive media mount

Guest Normal

The user which is running Emby needs to have write access to that directory where your video files are.

If it's not that and you just don't have access because it's ... Google Drive, I can't help.

Edited by Normal