Episodes not being added to library

Rich

Hi all,

I have a problem using the Emby for Kodi and hoping someone can help me or atleast confirm they have the same problem so I know its not a problem with my sever.

Everything syncs fine or atleast no errors on the screen but when I enter some of my TV series there is no seasons or episodes in the folder.

Its shows how many episodes I have on the main page for every series but when I enter only some have any files in them. I have tried this on 2 different clients including the PC the server is installed on with the same results.

Both PC's are running windows 7 64bit

Hope that makes sense but if you need me to try and explain a bit better let me know.

I have uploaded logs on when I 1st sync and also entering breaking bad which contains no seasons or episodes which via emby for android and via classic they both show 5 seasons and 62 episodes.

http://xbmclogs.com/pdnst1bsh

Keep up the great work guys I am amazed at what you have achieved so far :)

Rich

reluctantflux

Do the episodes you can see correspond with episodes you haven't watched? You might have "hide watched" selected in Kodi.

dresden7

I have the same issue. If I go to recent added, the file is there but when I go from tv shows the series is blank. It's like the database isnt merging the video with the right series or something. Im going to check my logs

All my shows are showing as unwatched as only just set it up. Plus do not have hide watch selected so that can't be the problem but thanks for the suggestion.

Null,

I will upload my dB file and pm you shortly

Rich

dresden7

Can you check in Emby and confirm that the episodes of Breaking Bad in the Metadata Manager have a season and episode number set for them

5530362e4b0b7_Untitled.png

It should look like above in the episode details for one of the episodes. Check a few of them and see if they look correct.

The episodes that are missing in my Kodi Library all have nothing filled in for season/episode. in fact, in Emby (web app) shows the season as Season Unknown 

After modifying the metadata, the episodes now show up in the library. So it looks like the addon-database is skipping these null seasons instead of creating a "Season Unknown" folder.

Edited by dresden7

dresden7

If the data is not in Emby then the sync will not work.

Is there a way for the addon to check if the episode/season string is empty to just create another season on the spot like "Season Unknown" like it does in the webapp on Emby?

Edited by dresden7

Null,

No they don't so think your on to something there.

I just checked other shows and the 1's with the season and episodes information work and the 1's without it don't.

How come they are not being updated with the right information as they are all imported correctly and sorted into the right folders.

I will have a look into that and hopefully that will sort it all out.

Thanks for looking into it

Rich

dresden7

Are you guys running the official version of Embry or the beta?

If beta then I would suggest you only use the official as testing  two beta components at one time could be problematic.

Running the beta.

I guess my question is, if the Emby WebApp can recognize a file has no episode/season, and assign a "season unknown" to the series, How come Kodi can't do the same thing?

And if this isn't possible, is it possible for the server to automatically enter "unknown" if it cant find the season/episode instead of just leaving it blank? 

Just to confirm when all shows have correct season and episodes like above in emby all shows sync correctly in kodi.

Not sure why alot of mine wasn't being auto detected but once adding tvdb id into advance find and updating all seasons are working as expect now  :)

Thanks for your help 

Rich

PS I am running beta too but was experiencing the same problem with both.

PPS The old mediabrowser addon always did and still does works fine 

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
marcjero

Hi there,

I have the same issue with some anime series. They are not identified correctly so it's not possible to browse them in Kodi. I'm running emby server stable and the latest beta plugin.

That's a pitty because everything else is fantastic. I understand that dealing with incomplete metadata can be somewhat tricky.

marcjero

Well I'm not sure these anime are well known. And there are about 200 episodes to fix manually.

I understand that Kodi needs season and episode numbers to build its library. For the missing season number it could be possible to use 0 as a default value but for the episode number I guess it's not so easy to get unique numbers.

Try the anime metadata plugin for Emby (plugins, catalog, server under Metadata).  I've never used it, but I would start there to see if it addresses your situation.

• 1 month later...