New Series 2015 EU J

traderman

traderman

I wanted to buy a Samsung series H, but these days is coming out of the new J series, and maybe I am becoming convinced to buy a 32 inch.
The work to configure Emby is all to do or may apply the instructions for the H series?

FrostByte

There have been people who got the H series tvs to work without a problem using the instructions pinned here (and after setting up their server of course).  However, there have been a few people who have said the app no longer installed on their H series tv after loading the newest firmware from Samsung and have contacted Samsung for a fix.  Not sure if that was ever resolved, but they have gotten the app to install with a work-around using a usb drive.  There appears to be no way of falling back on the version of firmware either

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19499-cannot-login-today/?hl=firmware

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/12986-samsung-h6350-32-new-tv/

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

All their 2015 tvs will run tizen and some of last years H models can with an evolution kit.  2013 and older models are out of luck

• 1 month later...
hies1971

Hi all,

I've just bought a new Samsung smart tv ue55ju7000, with Tizen interface.  I've tried the install instructions as explaned in the forum and sofar with no luck.

Is there a emby app ready for this new interface. It looks that for now I'm out of luck and I'll have to wait... Any others on the same boat?

Appreciate your input and your great work.

Edited by hies1971

CBers

Hi all,

I've just bought a new Samsung smart tv ue55ju7000, with Tizen interface.  I've tried the install instructions as explaned in the forum and sofar with no luck.

Is there a emby app ready for this new interface. It looks that for now I'm out of luck and I'll have to wait... Any others on the same boat?

Appreciate your input and your great work.

No, there is no Emby app for TIZEN-based Samsung TVs.

We were very lucky that @@chessdragon136 created the Samsung Smart TV app, but no-one else has really offered any Smart TV support.

If you can find a TIZEN developer, please point them our way :)

Is there a browser on the Tizen Samsung TV ?? If so, you could try the web client.

Is there DLNA compatibility on the TV ?? If so, you should be able to connect to Emby via DLNA.

• Like 1

FrostByte

If someone does take that challenge on then hopefully they can take chess' code and port it over to TIZEN if we're lucky

Marvin V.

i have an ot question. it got a little bit silent about the samsung app, no update since 7th April. is there a reason for this?

ronvp

I have a 2015 J series and no luck on either Emby or Plex. DLNA works well, but the interface is clumsy, What pissed me off is that before I bought it, I checked and Samsung website claimed compatibility with Plex.

The main Samsung plex developer appears to be working on a port to Tizen, but it is slow coming (I guess that is to be expected when working for donations..)

I am more than happy to donate for the EMBY Samsung app to be ported to Tizen..what will it take?

Edited by ronvp

CBers

I am more than happy to donate for the EMBY Samsung app to be ported to Tizen..what will it take?

You need to find a developer willing to do it.

Not sure if @@chessdragon136 is able to take on another version.

Edited by CBers

• 3 weeks later...

Will any previous year models support tizen apps or are they stuck on the old framework?

MSattler

Will any previous year models support tizen apps or are they stuck on the old framework?

Only models that can take the Evolution Kit <up grade kit with additional procesor and memory> will be able to.  Typically this means Samsung's upper model line.

FrostByte

Yep, that's the way I read it.  Only the upper H and 4K models.  It's in the link I posted above in #6 btw. 

For all others like me :)

"Owners of prior-year Samsung smart TVs, such as 2013 and 2012, won't be able to upgrade to Tizen, the company said." 

FrostByte

-The H models were released in 2014 and it looks like only some of the more expensive models can get the kit

"The company on Wednesday said owners of last year's H8000 and H7150 LED television sets as well as the pricey, ultra-high definition HU9000 and HU8550 TVs can update to the new operating system after buying a 2015 Evolution Kit."

-If you don't have one of those models, but have a 4K model from last year then you have this option:

"For 4K/Ultra High Definition TV owners, Samsung will sell a One Connect Box that updates not only the software but also the brains of the television, HDMI inputs and other items."

All others are out of luck it looks unless something changes

• Like 1