File No Longer Available... Emby Fresh Install.

monkeyslapper

monkeyslapper

Issue: Not able to play Movies. Getting Error msg "File no longer available. remove from Library?"

System: Openelec 8.0.5 ( Kodi 14.2 )

Emby Server Version 3.0.5582.0

repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.1 ( Updated and Force Refresh in Kodi)

Using Kodi 14.2. Openelec. Fresh install. Install the mediabrowser.kodi 1.0.1. using confluence skin (default skin). installed Emby only from the video addon. put in the ip address to the server. add profile name to account. ( Reboot ). Kodi Request Password for profile. there is no password. press done. Sync Started.. waited till finish. Reboot server and client. try play video and getting error msg. I had this working before, so i am sure the setup is fine. Log Posted for your Review.

Thank you for looking into this matter.

also have an option to use Mediabrowser plugin in the repo... is that needed or just emby is all that needed? Its not mention in the installation instruction so i am assuming its just there?

log-2015-04-15-10.39.01.zip

dresden7

Check your settings to see if you have the network username/password filled out. If not, that is what's causing your issue. Also make sure the path substitutions are correct on the server settings on Emby.

The mediabrowser plugin in the repo is just there for convenience. It is not required to use the latest addon

• Like 1

fantaxp7

Did you get this figured out? I am having something similar happen.Though maybe I have samba problems, if I go to file browser and go to samba I cannot see my server that has my files. I can use nfs to find them all however. Is there a way to use nfs?

I had this working 100% with my main htpc and decided to try out openelec on different hard ware. So I am not sure what is up.

Thanks 

fantaxp7

For myself, I fixed samba on openelec by switching the samba share group name in Network settings from WORKGROUP (which of course makes sense) to "sambashare", which I had made...so my fault I suppose, but with a desktop kodi build it found my sambashare.

I still have nfs issues but that's unrelated

monkeyslapper

Sorry for the delay... I did end up figuring it out ( I think ). I went to the basics. I manually try to add video folder in Kodi, and just relised that i am not able to log into the server through kodi. getting error msg unable to connect. ( I have assumed it was fine. because i am able to log through other computer and havent change my setup before) I hade removed all the share folders and re-enter the share folder and VOILA! it worked.

The issue I am having now... I am not able to use webclient to remote start my movie.. even though it worked before. I wish there was a link of somesort stating the connection is fine. I dont recieve any type of error msg at all, it just sits there waitng for my remote control to tell it what to do.

Monkeyslapper 

Angelblue05

Starting the stream remotely was fixed in version 0.0.32. Have you tried it? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

For myself, I fixed samba on openelec by switching the samba share group name in Network settings from WORKGROUP (which of course makes sense) to "sambashare", which I had made...so my fault I suppose, but with a desktop kodi build it found my sambashare.

I still have nfs issues but that's unrelated

Can you elaborate a bit more on this I am having smb share issues on openelec also and would appreciate the help.