Support just episode number in episode names

mithra62

mithra62

When I add new TV shows to my collections the metadata isn't refreshing. I'm using Server version 3.0.5061.25570 on Windows 7.

That said, a couple things to note:

1. I'm a long time user of MediaBrowser (pre 3), so my media is setup using the following, previously allowed, structure

/TV

/Show Name

/Season 01 (02, 03, etc)

/01 - Show Name.mp4

/02 - Show Name.mp4

2. I've reviewed the Media Files & Folders Structure topic and realize my media doesn't exactly follow the structure but on initial import of the media (on install of MB3) it did pull the metadata properly. I, maybe incorrectly, assumed that adding new media would allow for this.

3. I have 18,863 TV shows (thanks MB3 for showing me that!) so updating them all would be quite a problem. If at all possible, it'd be really convenient to be able to continue using this structure too so I wouldn't have 2 different conventions in place.

Any suggestions guys?

mithra62

Oh man, that's a bummer. Would you guys be open to making this a commissioned feature? I realize your time is valuable and don't want to take advantage so if you're open to it, send me a quote to eric at ericlamb dot net and we can take this off line.

Thanks,

Eric

It isn't just time, it's could be destabilizing for existing users, so we need to see what the broad demand is before going into it. Just like any other request. 

Can one of the mods move this to feature requests?

You might want to look into a renamer utility that will handle it for you all in one shot. We support quite a few naming conventions, but at this point, I think we've done enough in that area. So unless this comes up from a larger number of users, I'm not sure we'll go back and revisit it.

ginjaninja

unless you are wedded to that structure/naming scheme you could us tvrename.com to automatically move content into a compatible structure and naming scheme.

it has a powerful regex engine to detect content and rename/move content.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...