XBMC and Movie Theme Videos

zachmo826

zachmo826

I'm trying to use both Mediabrowser and XBMC in the same environment. After installing the Movie Theme plugin and running that, it created several backdrop folders next to each individual movie, as expected. Problem is XBMC treats each of these new files as an individual movie. Does anyone have any recommendations on how best to get XBMC to ignore those files on a scan? Is there something different I can do in MediaBrowser to have it create some type of ignore file for each backdrop folder in XBMC?

zachmo826

Tried to give it a shot but I don't think I have enough knowledge in this area. I'm using an unraid server as my backend, but attempting to mark folders as hidden from my windows 7 machine. Every time I check hidden in the properties and apply, the settings don't stick the next time I open it back up. I haven't tried doing this from the unraid command line yet, but I'm thinking the issue is with windows to linux.

see if marking them hidden can prevent xbmc from seeing them. if it works, then radeon can update his plugin to save that way.

xnappo

You want something like this in advancedsettings.xml

<video>
  <excludefromscan>
    <regexp>-trailer</regexp>
    <regexp>[!-._ \\/]sample[-._ \\/]</regexp>
  </excludefromscan>
</video>

zachmo826

You want something like this in advancedsettings.xml

<video>
  <excludefromscan>
    <regexp>-trailer</regexp>
    <regexp>[!-._ \\/]sample[-._ \\/]</regexp>
  </excludefromscan>
</video>

Should I also add 

<regexp>theme</regexp>

to block out what's being added from the movie themes and tv themes addons

would <regexp>backdrops</regexp> work, or does this flag only work for filenames, and not folders?

EDIT: Found the xbmc wiki page on it, thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Edited by zachmo826