ebooks covers

shaefurr
Go to solution Solved by shaefurr,

shaefurr

So, I keep my ebooks sorted by series name - author, if there's no series its just by author.

The problem is when browsing through my books the main page is all just titles and authors with no covers, is there a way to inherit a cover from one of the subfolders? I guess I could manually do this but it would take me 10 years.

AlwinHummels

I mis use MetaBrowser for this :) It's still a way to do it manual but it works faster then copy covers myself. As far as I know is there no scraper for this ATM I Get the writer info manual from wikipedia.

shaefurr, I'm in the same boat. I found this http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php which I use to rename and copy/move the cover.jpg from the book folder to the author folder as a folder.jpg. The only problem is that I can't figure out how to automate the process, I have to choose each folder path. If somehow it would repeat the process, then we can rename and copy/move the entire dir. They have a command line utility also, which I have no clue where to begin, but it looks like it might run a batch and accomplish this also. Hope this helps

shaefurr

I almost had this working the other night, I have a half working .bat at the moment

My setup is this:

Z:\eBooks\BookSeries\Booktitle\folder.jpg

\Booktitle2\folder.jpg

\Booktitle3\folder.jpg

or if no series is found

Z:\eBooks\BookAuthor\Booktitle\folder.jpg

\Booktitle2\folder.jpg

The .bat should pull the folder.jpg and move them up 1 folder to the Series or Author folder, problem is its copying them to the current folder the .bat is running from (eBooks), not just up one parent folder. once I figure that out it should work fine.