Send Message To Logged In Users

Netbug

chef

I'm trying to build a plugin that sends messages easily to user sessions. Right now I can send messages when a user logs on from a client.

It's still in production but I am working on it.

Eariler in this thread it was mentioned that you can only send one message at a time. I have been able to broadcast to all clients that can accept messages.

So I guess we'll have to see how it goes :)

Edited by chef
  • Like 3

Tur0k

This would be useful for me to be used to send a message to all my systems when the doorbell is rang or the door is opened when the house is in home-locked mode. How easy would it be to trigger this from my home automation system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mediacowboy

This would be useful for me to be used to send a message to all my systems when the doorbell is rang or the door is opened when the house is in home-locked mode. How easy would it be to trigger this from my home automation system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48105-Home-Automation
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
hooray4me

We use Amazon fire tv sticks and I was unable to get this plugin to show a message on them.

We use Amazon fire tv sticks and I was unable to get this plugin to show a message on them.

It will come.  Since there was no way to send them in the interface, it wasn't a very high priority to implement :).

You can only send messages to apps that have implemented the feature.

The new beta of the Android TV/Fire TV app (1.4.19) now supports these messages.

• Like 1

chef

I also have almost finished the ability to target specific users and have messages wait for the user to login before showing them.

Edited by chef

gabrielc
I would like to know if you have an add option to limit several simultaneous logins

I would like to know if you have an add option to limit several simultaneous logins

horstepipe

...and have messages wait for the user to login before showing them.

will this work within Kodi, too?

chef

will this work within Kodi, too?

I think there was Kodi on the list.

chef

yeah it works in general in Kodi, I was talking about that specific feature with the delayed notification

Yep it will. I've almost got it working reliably :)

• Like 2

horstepipe

Yep it will. I've almost got it working reliably :)

nice to hear, thank you very much!

chef

The message plugin has a beta currently posted which handles this now.

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

Untoten

@@Luke @@ebr @@chef, most of my users say the message is very hard to see, if not unnoticeable due to it blending in with the app.  Perhaps a color change or white border may help with this.  Also, ability to reply to the server admin, perhaps as a notification in the top right.  This way if I say, 'server will shut down in 5' they can say, 'almost done with x can you turn it off in an hour instead?'

Of course, just implementing a basic chat could work well too.

Edited by Untoten

Untoten

Yeah, but it is pretty cumbersome to do so to more than one or two connected users.  It would be nice to have a "broadcast" ability that would send it to all connected users at once. 

This is also a good point made about 2 years ago, a broadcast would be aubdantly helpful.  Or server notification when they login, perhaps you could piggyback off the welcome to emby tutorial thing.  This would be nice to announce changes, upcoming events, etc.

chef

@@Luke @@ebr @@chef, most of my users say the message is very hard to see, if not unnoticeable due to it blending in with the app. Perhaps a color change or white border may help with this. Also, ability to reply to the server admin, perhaps as a notification in the top right. This way if I say, 'server will shut down in 5' they can say, 'almost done with x can you turn it off in an hour instead?'

In the beta message plugin you are able to prolong the popup message. But as for design of the actual card, maybe there is CSS code to edit.

• Like 1

@@Luke @@ebr @@chef, most of my users say the message is very hard to see, if not unnoticeable due to it blending in with the app.  Perhaps a color change or white border may help with this.  Also, ability to reply to the server admin, perhaps as a notification in the top right.  This way if I say, 'server will shut down in 5' they can say, 'almost done with x can you turn it off in an hour instead?'

Pretty hard to miss in the Android TV (and, soon, Roku) app.  

595f9df65b087_remotemessage.png