Incorrect music metadata

MSL_DK

steve1977

Thanks for your help! I had run the following comment before and got the albumart out:

ffmpeg -i inputfile.mp3 folder.jpg

What other comment you want me to run?

@Luke 

Steve emailed me that file here is the ffprobe output

I have run it through our image extraction and it does extract the image. I can confirm that it doesn't have an image in the library. I got tied up with ie stuff so  I never finished investigating the why.

waterloo.txt

• Like 1

steve1977

@Luke 

Steve emailed me that file here is the ffprobe output

I have run it through our image extraction and it does extract the image. I can confirm that it doesn't have an image in the library. I got tied up with ie stuff so  I never finished investigating the why.

Thanks Tikuf. I just looked through all my other albums. Actually, the album years all still come from last.fm and NOT from the MP3 tag. My guess is that reading from tags is not working overall. Not only for this specific album. Only difference with this album is that there is no info/art on last.fm.

Let me know if anything else to provide as log, ffmpeg output, or others.

Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

albums pull the years from the song tabs, but since this didn't use to be the case, you probably have album.xml files in your album folders, and once you have those, they override. you might just want to wipe them by deleting all your album.xml files and then  your library.db file.

steve1977

Thanks for your message. Would this also solve my isse extracting embedding art?

Deleting album.xml will be straight forward. Anyway not deleting the library.db file as this would also delete the library for my movies and shows.

steve1977

Given how anxious I am to get the music library working, I tried adding a few more albums to see whether i fixed the issue. Unfortunately, the year still does not work. Let me be more precise:

1) Year is shown in the album view

2) When clicking the album and then selecting "edit", the release date includes some information, but the "year" is empty.

And even worse, the "year" (in the album view) is still not taken from the tag, but fro the "release date" from last.fm. For example, the album "The Better Life (3 Doors Down)" is now shown as 2007 although the tag says that the year is 2000 (which should be accurate).

What additional info can I provide? Tikuf's log above may be sufficient?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest ronmoses

Brand-new user here.  Since most of the albums I just added are showing artwork and years for the tracks, but neither for the albums themselves, may I assume this has not yet been addressed?

thanks!

ron