Trailers not Playing with Cinema Mode

koi

Running WMC Emby v3.0.264.0.  Trailers do not appear to play before MKV movies but works with Blu-Ray folders.  I tested this with two MKV movies, the first with just rotating static backgrounds while the second had a video background.  The relevant snippet from the log is attached.  If any additional information is required, please let me know.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Emby.txt

The format of the actual items is probably irrelevant.  It's just about the particular intros it is trying to play.  Some of them are simply failing in WMC:

2015-04-12 14:46:07.7820,Info,,Playing 2 Intros before Mary and Max,1,Application
2015-04-12 14:46:07.7920,Info,,Internal Player about to play (http://cdn.movie-list.com/hd/southpaw720.mp4) ,1,Application
2015-04-12 14:46:07.7920,Info,,Internal Player playing ,1,Application
2015-04-12 14:46:07.7920,Debug,,Calling MediaCenterEnvironment.PlayMedia: Microsoft.MediaCenter.MediaCollection,1,Application
2015-04-12 14:46:07.8320,Debug,,Error playing item: PlayMedia returned false,1,Application

Hi ebr -

I've tried with other movies that are in MKV format and none of them play the trailers.  I can, however, play the individual trailers in Emby WMC manually with the Trailers plugin.  For instance, the Southpaw trailer that errored out in the log played fine when manually selected.  In addition, with the MKVs, the movies will not start unless I use the "Quickplay" option.

Edited by koi

ebr - Is there any additional information I can provide to help troubleshoot this problem?  Tried repeatedly with other MKVs in collection but no trailers play in WMC client.  Thanks.

Again the fact that they are mkv's is coincidental I'm sure.  Can you show me a log for one of the ones that works?

I'll play some movies that are MKVs, exit, look at the logs to see which trailer failed, relaunch WMC Emby, and play the trailer manually through the plugin, and attach the log later today.  Would that help?

Yes, but also you said some of the trailers worked before the movie so if you can replicate that as well it will allow me to compare and see which ones work and which ones don't.  It may be a case of certain sources needing special headers.