Samsung Hub App

abbeygirl

abbeygirl

I can get to the server and it downloads the app till progress bar is full, but then just sits there, doesn't go any further and only way to get the unit back is to turn it off then back on. Any solution? The unit is a Samsung BD-E5500.

thanks in advance.

FrostByte

How long did you wait before you stopped the install?  It took awhile the first time I loaded it on my HTS also (maybe 5 min?), but the install goes a lot faster now as I upgrade versions.  Installing on a HTS may be kind of hit or miss as the app I believe is mostly written and tested for tvs.  It is possible the libraries and test environment chess uses don't support your model of HTS also, though he can probably tell you for sure.   For the most part it works just fine on my HT-F6500W and the only issue I'm having which is unique to my HTS is that a few of the menus are cut off and hang over the edges.  If I shrink the size of the hub then I get a black border along the edges during playback, so I just leave the hub at its default size.  I don't have that issue with my F8000 tv.

Edited by FrostByte

abbeygirl

Hi, thanks for the reply. I waited about 10 minutes the first time, tried again a few more times but still nothing, might have to give it a miss unfortunately.

FrostByte

From one of the pinned topics the app supports the D series tvs (2011) and after.  I believe there was some kind of a change to the hub at that time and the app crashes on C series and before.  If your BD player supports the same version of the Smart hub in the D series or after it may work.

Also, if you haven't already be sure you have the latest version of firmware for your BD player to see if that maybe helps.  There is an update to version 1018.0 on the UK website (guessing that's where you're from?) which has to be updated from usb.  Several fixes have been made for your model which you can see by clicking the black (?) symbol by the firmware update in the link below

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/BD-E5500/XU

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

How do you go back in version of the smart hub?

I've been told you can't with my HT-F6500W.  Not sure if yours can, or not.  Samsung only keeps the latest version on their website so you would need to either have an older update on usb, or contact Samsung if you needed to fall back if it was even possible.  I've never had an issue with updating my firmware though.