Another Excessive CPU

berrick

berrick

Emby Version 3.0.5572.0

The only plugin CoverArt version 4.0.8.3

Server running on Windows Ultimate x64 (vm) 

tried One and two cores 3Ghz 4GB ram

Internet explorer version 11.0.17

Media files on a Freenas box version 9.1.1

1Gig network connectivity on all devices

When opening Emby on another Windows 7 Utlimate PC (no scheduled tasks running on Emby server), Dual Core 3Ghz CPU, 6GB ram, 240GB SSD physical PC, MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe has excessive CPU usage, on average 92% (see image below) and it takes forever to build the thumbnail images to be displayed in Internet Explorer.

If I remove the CoverArt plugin Emby performance is acceptable. This seems to be a more recent development.

Is there anything I can do to improve this? 

post-430-0-42373000-1428754116_thumb.jpg

JeremyFr79

I'm running this on a dual processor system with 2 X5420 Xeon chips, and Coverart was bringing that to it's knee's I finally just un-installed cover art and have been happy ever since.

it's generally a one time process that caches the images and then you're good to go.

JeremyFr79

What I've noticed in the past is that any update of the server blows out the cache so to speak, so then it has to re-create all the images again.  The worst part it only does the work if the image is called for, instead of running as a background task and doing the entire library at once.

not, not any update, just the most recent one due the image library change. aside from that it never happens.