[Dev] EmbyTV a livetv client for Network Tuners (HDHomerun at the moment)

jose

kaylin4u

Could TitanTV work for this?  I was googling and found it with all my local broadcast stations.  I also found something called TV-Browser.  It may be a far fetch idea, but anyways...

Edited by kaylin4u

I know this talks about the HDHomerun, which I am willing to purchase and try. However, can it also support CETON devices? Just checking as my son is running his home with Windows Media Server and a CETON card and we wanted to try and keep everything self contained so we simply use EMBY for movies and live TV. I am also hoping we can retire the Windows Media Center eventually.

i am willing to work with it but 1 i dont have one so i cant test it and two i dont have any documentation on how to obtain the device stream. If anyone could provide some documentatiom then development on it could start, the same for other network services and iptv providers if documentation is provided some support could be added
  • Like 1

rabbit1543

Have a strange situation at the moment. My epg is blank right showing 0 channels but I see suggestions and if I browse channels I can see the channels. If I look at a channel I can then see the guide data.

Also I still can't seem get my epg to survive a restart without having to refresh the guide. It's anyone else able to get the epg to survive a restart with a guide refresh?

Running .7 right now

nickr124

I've been using EmbyTv for about 2 days now and it's working pretty well. I'm on version 0.7. I haven't had a chance to record anything but I haven't had any issues watching tv. I did notice that when you add/remove a local channel (fox, abc, etc.) to your favorites it adds/removes both the sd and hd channel. It doesn't seem to do it for other channels. Also when I reboot the server, it seems to refresh the whole guide every time though i'm still able to open up the guide before it finishes, would it be possible for it to just download the additional guide data it needs to reach the number of days in live tv settings?

I've been using EmbyTv for about 2 days now and it's working pretty well. I'm on version 0.7. I haven't had a chance to record anything but I haven't had any issues watching tv. I did notice that when you add/remove a local channel (fox, abc, etc.) to your favorites it adds/removes both the sd and hd channel. It doesn't seem to do it for other channels. Also when I reboot the server, it seems to refresh the whole guide every time though i'm still able to open up the guide before it finishes, would it be possible for it to just download the additional guide data it needs to reach the number of days in live tv settings?

@@Luke can this be implemented on the server so that when it starts it only asks for the data that it doesn't have (check channel ids and ask for data from new channels and only from the day it doesnt have data) or supply the get channel information with the latest data it has for that channel and i can do the logic myself.

rabbit1543

@@nickr124 could you remove the option to refresh the guide at startup from the scheduled task and restart your server and see if your guide is still there? This is how I'm running embyTv right now.

In terms of downloading only missing data during a guide refresh I don't know if that is the best option. Would be better if we could download missing and changed data since occasionally the lineup may change.

@@nickr124 could you remove the option to refresh the guide at startup from the scheduled task and restart your server and see if your guide is still there? This is how I'm running embyTv right now.

In terms of downloading only missing data during a guide refresh I don't know if that is the best option. Would be better if we could download missing and changed data since occasionally the lineup may change.

Missing data would only be to get during startup for a regular refresh all data should be downloaded. But it should still populate the data try deleting you username and restarting it should be keeping a local copy and if it cant get the info from schedules direct it will provide the local copy for the guide.

rabbit1543

Just tried removing my schedule direct user name and pass then restarted emby and I can see suggestion, but the guide and channels both say 0

poppax

for some reason the only pvr systems that can handle displaying of dvb teletext subtitles are mediaportal and wmc - but only in their native viewers. None of Them can display in Kodi or emby.

Do you have plans to add this capability to Emby/EmbyTV

nickr124

I removed the refresh guide at startup and after restarting, I can only see the suggestions, the guide and channels show 0. 

Poptartica

Jose,

This plugin is truly amazing! It was very easy to get my HDHR Prime setup and running with a schedulesdirect trial account on my linux machine that hosts the server (a TON easier than the typical backend solutions right now - I'm honestly surprised since it's been a headache so far for me trying to get linux backend setup with a CableCARD). I just had a question, my channels (particularly easy to see with the SD ones) are showing up as noticeably interlaced, is this something that occurs due to some of my own settings? I'm not sure how the actual stream is handled as far as intermediate video settings go, but would it be possible to "probe" the stream and apply some deinterlacing to it in these cases?

Added the option to select what type of host to add, and made it easy to add more device type without needing to change the html of the page. Plus some minor fixes in the code.

Also id for M3U (where it says test) can be set by adding  an id attr on the first line (cant contain spaces at the moment have to work on the parsing for that)

#EXTM3U id="test" 

553483f601cb1_addbytype.png55348414774f9_othertypebox.png

Also looking for a logo for the plugin any ideas are welcomed!!

Edited by jose

rabbit1543

Jose,

Is it possible to scan the recorded tv path for existing recordings? Right now i have a few recordings that do not show up under recordings path. I think this is either due to the fact that i removed and re-added the plugin or possibly from a plugin upgrade. 

Hi, not 100% positive but after beta server upgrade to Version 3.0.5588.0, i no longer have the EPG and Up Next populated. I still have the channels populated though.  any ideas?

Be sure the refresh guide task that runs on server start-up is not still in progress.  I've found it takes a while with this plug-in (6 minutes on my 31 channels).

I'm seeing this as well now too.  Guide task ran and finished but I still have no guide information using this plug-in with the new server beta just released.

I'm seeing this as well now too.  Guide task ran and finished but I still have no guide information using this plug-in with the new server beta just released.

Same!

There was a change on the way images were being returned from schedules direct which may be causing this. Working on it.

New Build out temp disables images until problem fixed, also guide is much faster plus in the next release getting images should be faster to)

Edited by jose

kaylin4u

I got my new HD Homerun in, but decided to try and test it out without an account to Schedules Direct.  Doesn't want to populate channels.  I guess you have to have an account with schedules direct to work, correct?

server-63565162417.txt:2015-04-20 21:33:38.2199 Info - App: Loading EmbyTV, Version=0.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
server-63565162417.txt:2015-04-20 21:33:41.8308 Info - EmbyTV: Directory is: /var/opt/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowserServer/plugins/EmbyTV
server-63565162417.txt:2015-04-20 21:33:41.8418 Info - EmbyTV: Creating a TunerHost list: 1
server-63565162417.txt:2015-04-20 21:33:41.8423 Info - EmbyTV: Creating a TunerHost of type: HdHomerun
server-63565162417.txt:2015-04-20 21:33:41.8423 Info - EmbyTV: Adding variable: Url with value of 192.168.1.139
server-63565162417.txt:2015-04-20 21:33:41.8423 Info - EmbyTV: Adding variable: OnlyFavorites with value of true
server-63565162417.txt:2015-04-20 21:33:41.8423 Info - EmbyTV: Done Creating Tuner
server-63565162417.txt:2015-04-20 21:33:45.4446 Info - EmbyTV: Start GetChannels Async, retrieve all channels for HDHR4-2US-1041B4D9
server-63565162417.txt:2015-04-20 21:33:45.4685 Info - EmbyTV: Found 24channels on host: 192.168.1.139
server-63565162417.txt:2015-04-20 21:33:45.4693 Info - EmbyTV: Only Favorites?True
server-63565171200.txt: EmbyTV 0.7.0.0
server-63565171200.txt:2015-04-21 01:33:42.4360 Info - EmbyTV: Start GetChannels Async, retrieve all channels for HDHR4-2US-1041B4D9
server-63565171200.txt:2015-04-21 01:33:42.4645 Info - EmbyTV: Found 24channels on host: 192.168.1.139
server-63565171200.txt:2015-04-21 01:33:42.4645 Info - EmbyTV: Only Favorites?True
server-63565171200.txt:2015-04-21 05:33:43.4359 Info - EmbyTV: Start GetChannels Async, retrieve all channels for HDHR4-2US-1041B4D9
server-63565171200.txt:2015-04-21 05:33:43.4570 Info - EmbyTV: Found 24channels on host: 192.168.1.139
server-63565171200.txt:2015-04-21 05:33:43.4570 Info - EmbyTV: Only Favorites?True

You have it set to only show favorites.  Do you have favorite channels defined in the HD Homerun?