Chrome App Launcher

WWWestern

Approved - although I don't know when we'll get to it.

But I think this is a great idea. Even though it's not going to do much besides launch the dashboard, getting ourselves into the chrome store will be another way to increase our visibility.

• Like 2

Are there any community members who might be willing to volunteer and take a stab at this?

All the app has to do is launch the dashboard, based on a configured server location.

Redshirt

Ask Demonseed he made a whole bunch for his app library a couple of years ago

• Like 1

demonseed

sure, here is an unpacked file. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/841137/mediabrowser%203/Mediabrowser%203%20Dashboard.rar

I dont know exactly how to go about making it so it can be put in the chrome store, but that is what I use to get it in my apps page. 

Go to Chrome Settings - Extensions - load unpacked extention > browse to the folder containing the json and icon, and volla. mb3 dashboard button in apps page.

I'll leave it up to the gurus to figure out how to get it in the store, if that's what you're going for.

• Like 2

CBers

sure, here is an unpacked file. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/841137/mediabrowser%203/Mediabrowser%203%20Dashboard.rar

I dont know exactly how to go about making it so it can be put in the chrome store, but that is what I use to get it in my apps page. 

Go to Chrome Settings - Extensions - load unpacked extention > browse to the folder containing the json and icon, and volla. mb3 dashboard button in apps page.

I'll leave it up to the gurus to figure out how to get it in the store, if that's what you're going for.

Cool.

I changed the manifest.json file to use my IP address instead of localhost.

Edited by CBers

WWWestern

DemonSeed, great! All what we need it is configuration of the server location, automatically and/or manually.

@DemonSeed 

Nice work! What would need to happen to allow the server location to be configurable from within the extension? Is that even possible?

demonseed

@DemonSeed 

Nice work! What would need to happen to allow the server location to be configurable from within the extension? Is that even possible?

I wouldnt have a clue. I found out how to do the json file from a blog somewhere long time ago, but wouldnt know how to make it have anything more then a link to something.

WWWestern

Luke, unfortunately, I don't know anyone personally who would write the code for Chrome, but I'll keep that in mind.