H Series UHD TV

PhAzE

PhAzE

I'm looking at testing this app out but have a few quick questions I couldn't seem to find via search:

- Has anyone tested this app on the HU series tv's yet? Any issues?

- What resolution does the interface run at?  Hoping at least 720p

- When a new version is released do I need to resync with the IP for the latest version or can it be updated from in the app itself?

Looking good Chess!

FrostByte

You may want to go back and look at some of the older posts.  There have been a few people reporting issues with H models after loading the latest firmware from Samsung.  I do not recall the exact model though.  The resolution of icons, etc in the hub itself I believe is limited by Samsung.  However, as long as your tv supports it you can bitstream most file types and audio within without any transcoding and view in its original format.  I've never uninstalled the old version, always just loaded the new on top of the older version with no problems.

Edited by FrostByte

PhAzE

Ok yeah I will check about the H series issues.  With the resolution I guess i meant the Emby resolution on the TV. For example, Plex for Samsung runs at 580p I believe, and the new 2.0 app runs at 720p for the user interface. The 580p version looks super pixelated on a 4k tv.

Likely won't matter much on Emby but was curious. Thanks for the reply.

MongooseMan

I've got an HU7000 and everything works fine, except for screensavers occasionally (see my thread about it here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19934-weird-screensaver-spilt-screen-issue/).

I'm not sure what resolution the actual interface runs as (it looks great though), but 1080p files play (often without transcoding) perfectly fine at 1080p.

chessdragon136

No the app interface is 580 as that gives backwards compatibility to older models.