Hide Empty Folders

Macburp

computerprep

I wonder if auto organize could store the intended folder, the way you can save series name mismatches?

That way you could delete the whole folder and the auto organize would remember where those episodes are intended to be saved next season.

I think you are going off on a tangent here.  This request isn't to delete anything.  It is purely a display option.

Automatic deletion of things is a whole other can of worms and I think we'd need to be very careful with any such functionality but you are welcome to create a new feature request.

Koleckai Silvestri

I think it would be much easier to look at a folder, determine if there are any videos in it. If not, don't display in the interface. No need to remember anything in Auto Organize or delete anything from the server.

• Like 2

fraenhawk

I think it would be much easier to look at a folder, determine if there are any videos in it. If not, don't display in the interface. No need to remember anything in Auto Organize or delete anything from the server.

That's actually how it used to work

That's actually how it used to work

Out of curiosity, why was the feature removed?

It seems funny to add seasons and shows based on directory structures and not actual files (just my 2c)

Deihmos

It seems funny to add seasons and shows based on directory structures and not actual files (just my 2c)

Video files get removed but the folders remain. Luckily Kodi does not show empty folders

Performance.  The feature only ever existed in the WMC client and determining whether or not a folder is empty from the client side was a potentially very expensive operation.  That function rightfully belongs in the server.  Thus this feature request.

• Like 2

Performance.  The feature only ever existed in the WMC client and determining whether or not a folder is empty from the client side was a potentially very expensive operation.  That function rightfully belongs in the server.  Thus this feature request.

Thanks ebr. Appreciate the info :)

JoshuaAJones

The feature used to work flawlessly in the Android app (which is why I continued to suggest porting its filters into the ET or the Server).

Now, it doesn't even work.

I'm not sure how much extra effort it would take (performance-wise) as the green circles already show up.

If it doesn't have a green ball, it's empty.

If the green ball has a check, you're caught up.

If the green ball has a number, you've still got some shows to watch.

I want options to Hide the green balls without Numbers so that I only see the folders I need to see.

The feature used to work flawlessly in the Android app (which is why I continued to suggest porting its filters into the ET or the Server).

Now, it doesn't even work.

I'm not sure how much extra effort it would take (performance-wise) as the green circles already show up.

If it doesn't have a green ball, it's empty.

If the green ball has a check, you're caught up.

If the green ball has a number, you've still got some shows to watch.

I want options to Hide the green balls without Numbers so that I only see the folders I need to see.

No, the android app never had support for hide empty folders.

JoshuaAJones

Although it did not have a "Hide Empty" option, it did have the "Show Unwatched" option.

This essentially did the same thing.

I'm still having to scan through 150+ shows to find new shows to watch.

computerprep

Although it did not have a "Hide Empty" option, it did have the "Show Unwatched" option.

This essentially did the same thing.

I'm still having to scan through 150+ shows to find new shows to watch.

I'm pretty sure they know that these filter settings (see screenshot below) aren't working... but once they're fixed, they should help out your situation immensely.

post-1756-0-85539100-1466992893_thumb.png

JoshuaAJones

Either way, I am anxiously waiting there porting into the ET app as this is my main viewer.

I only use the Android app while casting when on vacations. 

• 1 year later...
pajo2000

What happened to this?

(out of topic)

I've noticed that when you use the "merge series that are spread across multiple folders" feature, it still leaves an extra copy of a 'single episode'-folder. Meaning that it merges the season all nice, but leaves the left over folder out along with folders that doesn't contain any media at all (marking them as viewed)

Edited by pajo2000

Inodder

If I understand correct even after 2 and a half years the "hide empty folder" option still isn't fixed nor is there a working alternative.

I thought it would be implemented server side. Why not release a version with the original option that worked perfectly for everyone here. Let people who have problems choose the other version.

Don't think I'll ever come back to emby as I don't believe it will ever be fixed after all this time.

Big disappointment.

• 1 month later...
wizbowes

PLEASE can you look at this.  I have 166 folders, of which about 20 have episodes in them.  The interface is an absolute mess of folders with no content.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
fraenhawk

If you don't keep all episodes of a show on your server and you're between seasons you delete the season folder but not the main show folder.

Dibbes

If you don't keep all episodes of a show on your server and you're between seasons you delete the season folder but not the main show folder.

I would just move this folder to another "Series" folder that would not be part the library. Since Emby is not automatically downloading, you have a few manual actions once the next season starts anyway.

• 2 months later...
JeffWScott

Ugh... Just came over from Plex, loving emby so far.. Except this issue. Shoot i guess nothing is perfect.

Edited by ebr
Edited for language