Hide Empty Folders

Macburp

• 2 weeks later...
elsmandino

Just thinking slightly outside the box but is hiding folders that contain no video files necessarily the only way to go?

I have Emby automatically watch my Argus TV recording folder, to automatically add each new recording to my Emby library - I create lots of one-off recordings, that I have not intention of watching again so I am essentially growing a significant number of empty folders.  I know that they do not take up space but getting rid of them rather than hiding them would be beneficial.

Two potential solutions perhaps:

1. Server to hide folders that contain no video files but with the option to then automatically delete the folder if it has received no modifications for a set period (say a month).

2. Not strictly a Server solution but in addition to the above, there could be the ability, when deleting the last video file from a folder, to offer you the ability to delete the entire folder.  Might this be   added to the Kodi add-on for instance?

With the second option, you could say yes to delete the folder for one off programs that you are deleting and no when you know that it is part of a series.

• Like 2

AdrianW

I will add my name to this list that I would love for this to be added!

Don't forget to "like" the first post in the thread - that increases the green counter on the request and will increase the likelihood of the feature being added.

• Like 2

Macburp

Just thinking slightly outside the box but is hiding folders that contain no video files necessarily the only way to go?

I have Emby automatically watch my Argus TV recording folder, to automatically add each new recording to my Emby library - I create lots of one-off recordings, that I have not intention of watching again so I am essentially growing a significant number of empty folders.  I know that they do not take up space but getting rid of them rather than hiding them would be beneficial.

1. Server to hide folders that contain no video files but with the option to then automatically delete the folder if it has received no modifications for a set period (say a month).

2. Not strictly a Server solution but in addition to the above, there could be the ability, when deleting the last video file from a folder, to offer you the ability to delete the entire folder.  Might this be   added to the Kodi add-on for instance?

With the second option, you could say yes to delete the folder for one off programs that you are deleting and no when you know that it is part of a series.

This is all good stuff, but these features should be a server-side implementation. So long as the folders are hidden, I like to keep folders going so that I can re-use them for the following season. @@Luke, are you listening?

• 1 month later...
Macburp

My empty folders look at me from the web client mockingly - still not hidden. How about it devs, when is this feature going on the timeline?

OK, so its a shameless bump, but what else can a humble user do?

Keep liking the OP, and it'll happen.

Edited by Macburp

MrWebsmith

yea.. glad you bumped it.. its got 20 supporters and i would def still appreciate this to be added in a future server build.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
JoshuaAJones

While I understand that you would like to see a delete option, I think that you are misunderstanding the original point.

Many of us keep some shows archived for later viewing.  With this, there are sometimes multiple seasons that have been viewed.

We know that they are there (I even have a TV archive folder that views all of them) but, when we go into the TV folder, we don't need to scroll through every single folder image of every show on our drives.

In my HTPC, I delete the season of most shows after they are complete but keep the folder ready for next season.  I don't want/need to delete a few pics and a theme song nor do I want to re-download it next season.

We simply want to option to hide folders that have no new content and only show folders that have "Un-Played" material.

• Like 2

MrWebsmith

or we're tv nutjobs that dl the art and get everything set long before the show even airs.... ugh.. i have 8 that are in that state and the wife gets excited and then let down when she realizes its just a poster and nothing insdie to watch lol

We simply want to option to hide folders that have no new content and only show folders that have "Un-Played" material.

That is actually a different request than this one and can be done with filters in some of the apps.

Koleckai Silvestri

Would be nice. I often add shows a few weeks before they premiere which adds the same empty folders.

JoshuaAJones

That is actually a different request than this one and can be done with filters in some of the apps.

The filters are present in the Android App to include "Un-Played" (which is why I specifically mentioned it).

I would like to see it in Theater.

The filters are present in the Android App to include "Un-Played" (which is why I specifically mentioned it).

I would like to see it in Theater.

That's fine, it just has nothing to do with this particular feature request :).

Koleckai Silvestri

Well I only want to hide empty folders. I want played material to continue to show as long as it is in the library.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
fraenhawk

Add me as well. I just noticed this today that all the "future" shows for the fall season are showing up now even though there are no seasons or episodes. Was going crazy looking for the option to hide empty folders that I know used to be there and stumbled across a few threads regarding this.

• Like 1

At this point, it has only been removed from the config pages but it will disappear from functionality soon.  Also, some types of folders will not honor the setting even if you manually enable it (like user views and channels).

Please Please put it back in!!!

Don't take away functions if they are not yet implemented on server side!

Had no performance insues at all. Everything worked great with the function turned on. 

It's a pain to see all those empty series show up trying to find the unwatched show you want...

Is there a way to roll back or download a previous version that could hide the empty folders?

The hide empty folder option in MBC stopt working for me...

We realy need this function in the server right NOW!!!

Please Please Please!

That's fine, it just has nothing to do with this particular feature request :).

Could you please reenable the function in MBC as long as we dont have it on server...

Used to work great for "years" why shut it down now before a alternative is functional?

At this point, it has only been removed from the config pages but it will disappear from functionality soon.  Also, some types of folders will not honor the setting even if you manually enable it (like user views and channels).

A few days ago all the empty forders showed up... Searched my ass off how to hide them again...

Did you just remove it completely? Or did somthing mess up my settings?

Can i still manualy enable it? If so How?

If not, Could you please please please put it back in until server ads the function to hide?

why shut it down now before a alternative is functional?

Because, while it may have worked okay for you, for a large number of people it causes horrible performance issues.

Because, while it may have worked okay for you, for a large number of people it causes horrible performance issues.

I guess your exaggerating the issues it coused since the option was there a long time... if it where that horrible it would never even be an option in official release.

So why not just give them the option to disable... 

or me to enable...  So standard is off...

freedom of choice!