Hide Empty Folders

Macburp

Macburp

Banished to Page 2 and no response from the powers that be. Shame! :) Come on all you folk who want this feature, you need to speak up if we are to make it to @@Luke's to-do list!

Angelblue05

It would be nice to include this option in the API. We currently added this feature in Kodi, but the server should offer the API filter option to accomplish it instead.

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

agreed on it being nice for this to be supplied to all clients consistently by the server.. that way we dont have some that implement themselves and some that don't

coolspot

This was a feature I used heavily in MBC.  I miss it in all the clients that didn't have it however.  Now that it's removed from MBC I hope it gets added to server soon!

• Like 1

Macburp

It will be added server side. Not to worry! :)

Thanks. This is great news.

But!

'will be added' sort of implies this is maybe on the to do list in the 'nice to have' section which I'm sure is about page 20. This needs to be on page 1.

So please good people, shout up if you need this feature, want it, maybe just would like it, or want to support those who do need/want/like it. I am determined to get Hide Empty Folders to page 1 of Luke's to-do list. Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Luke confirmed it is a planned feature server side. As far as when, no specifics were given. Hope this helps. :)

• Like 1

Macburp

Luke confirmed it is a planned feature server side. As far as when, no specifics were given. Hope this helps. :)

Great news, thanks for your help. Its great to know this feature is coming. If people still request this feature maybe we'll get it sooner? Anyway, I live in hope.

coolspot

I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one that likes this feature.  I'm sure it's hard for a developer to assess priorities because you're never sure how many people would use features like this.  So it's also important for people to post interest in feature requests for developers to look at.

• Like 1

Macburp

Oh dear, back on page 2 again. C'mon people shout up ofr Hide Empty Foolders so @@Luke will move this up his to do list! Thanks.

This is probably my biggest annoyance with Emby. lol  I've got 60+ shows with no episodes clogging up my screen all the time.

Hope this gets added soon :)

Edited by Sek0n

Deihmos

I just reinstalled MBC and I know There was an option to hide empty folders. The server should skip these folders.

CashMoney

I'll add my support for this, but I also think this should probably be moved to the FR section?

• Like 1

Deihmos

I see that the option for this is gone but I enabled it in  the config file but it did not do anything. Was it completely removed?

• Like 1

Macburp

It still works for me, but I have had this feature enabled on my set-up for a while now. @@ebr did mention that legacy users would be able to retain the feature, but not new users.

At this point, it has only been removed from the config pages but it will disappear from functionality soon.  Also, some types of folders will not honor the setting even if you manually enable it (like user views and channels).

coolspot

It stopped working for me entirely a little while ago, about the same time it disappeared from config page

coolspot

I guess it should be move to Feature Request area if an admin can.  At first I didn't look at it as such as it was a feature taken away from Media Browser Classic that I wanted back in some capacity.

JoshuaAJones

Yes, please.

Hide the folders when that user has watched everything in that folder or the folder is empty.