Tvheadend plugin for Emby - Beta 1

Tolotos

rudi6382

Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No route to host

ping <name/ip of your tvheadend server>

i noticed the error messages but dont know what to do. using the console of the emby server there are no errors while sending pings to the tvh server.

9 packets transmitted, 9 received, 0% packet loss, time 8000ms

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.346/0.455/0.618/0.091 ms

Rudi

Tolotos

i noticed the error messages but dont know what to do. using the console of the emby server there are no errors while sending pings to the tvh server.

9 packets transmitted, 9 received, 0% packet loss, time 8000ms

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.346/0.455/0.618/0.091 ms

Rudi

Ok, and did you check if in the settings panel of the tvheadend plugin is the exactly the same value for the server name present as you used for the ping? 

Please check the HTSP and HTTP port values in settings panel as well with the ones you configured in your tvheadend server.

Please check if no blanks are in the text config values.

post-5739-0-14625300-1430568000_thumb.png

Edited by Tolotos

Tolotos

New version (1.0.5600.24003) in the repo which logs the connection parameters for better support. Please update.

KRA

I just tried installing the plugin on a windows server, and I cannot get it working. Only thing I see in log is

[TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known

I've tripple checked every setting and confirmed the server has access to tvheadend via http. Status view in emby is just loading forever, no information presented.

Edited by KRA

rudi6382

@Tolotos: with your higher log-level version i got the needed hint. i saw emby trying to connect to a not existing server. at the plugin menu i double checked all settings and there, the correct ip was set. but it seems that the plugin receives a false ip-adress when sending a request to the router with the tvh-servers name.

i the routers gui there was a second, not actual, entry for the tvh-server. so after deleting the entry, everything works like a charme.

@KRA: maybe you have the same problem. my settings:

tvh-server is X.X.X.69

in the routers gui there were 2 entries:

the correct one:  tvhserver X.X.X.69

an old one:         tvhserver X.X.X.68

Plugin was trying to connect to ..68 until i deleted this entry.

KRA

@@rudi6382

I'm not sure how the router would be involved, I'm accessing a tvh server on the same local network (although I've also tried using external ip and go through NAT with same result). I'm using the actual ip address not the name of the server. As I understand you have DNS caching in your router and use name of server rather than IP address ?

@@Tolotos

I also tried replacing the plugin with a previous version 1.0.5583.40372 that is working on a linux based install, but I'm getting the same problem and log output. I'm thinking this could be a windows firewall issue, but I really don't see how. But I don't know the inner workings of the plugin so..  I'm kindo clueless right now.

KRA

ok, even more clueless. Suddenly, with no change it started working. This is the actual log output, no cutting :

I did edit the hosts file on windows and added   <ip.address.of.server>   tvheadend  in intent of trying to use name rather than ip, but never got around to testing this in the plugin setting because it was already working. But it seems it started working at the same time as I saved the hosts file.

2015-05-03 12:12:53.2814 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:12:59.8335 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:13:06.3857 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:13:12.9378 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:13:19.4899 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:13:26.0420 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:13:32.5942 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:13:39.1463 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:13:45.6984 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:13:52.2505 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:13:58.8027 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:14:05.3548 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:14:11.9069 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:14:18.4590 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:14:25.0112 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:14:31.5633 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:14:38.1154 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:14:44.6676 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:14:51.2197 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:14:57.7718 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:15:04.3239 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:15:10.8761 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:15:17.4282 Error - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No such host is known
2015-05-03 12:15:19.4874 Info - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: socket connected.
2015-05-03 12:15:19.4874 Info - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.authenticate: start
2015-05-03 12:15:19.5654 Info - App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.authenticate: authenticated = True
2015-05-03 12:15:19.5654 Info - App: [TVHclient] LiveTvService.ensureConnection: connection established True
2015-05-03 12:15:19.5810 Info - App: Executing Check for application updates
2015-05-03 12:15:19.5966 Debug - App: No application update available.
2015-05-03 12:15:19.5966 Info - App: Check for application updates Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2015-05-03 12:15:19.6746 Info - App: Executing Scan media library
2015-05-03 12:15:19.6746 Info - App: Validating media library
Edited by KRA

KRA

I'm having issue downloading logo's

The url is working fine, but according to log here it's getting a 403 forbidden recieved, could it be the provider is blocking some types of requests ?

I've tried wget and curl on linux and none of those are getting blocked.

2015-05-03 15:40:42.4499 Debug - App: Running ChannelImageProvider for Motors TV
2015-05-03 15:40:42.4499 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://logos.xmltv.se/motorstv.com.png
2015-05-03 15:40:42.4811 Error - App: Error getting response from http://logos.xmltv.se/motorstv.com.png
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5597.1
    Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
    Processor count: 4
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: False
    Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
    System.Net.WebException
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2015-05-03 15:40:42.4811 Error - App: Error in Live TV Service Provider
    *** Error Report ***
    Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
       at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.ChannelImageProvider.<GetImage>d__5.MoveNext()
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ItemImageProvider.<RefreshFromProvider>d__11.MoveNext()
    InnerException: System.Net.WebException
       at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

Tolotos

@@KRA Did Emby download other pictures for your movies or TV shows?

Maybe it's an windows wirewall issue that your Emby is blocked to access some sites or the complete internet. 

You connection error is realy based on the not existing DNS entry. The plugin tries to resolve the configured name of IP by calling a DNS. Normally the router from your ISP handles names for IPs which are provided by DHCP. Static IPs must be entered manually in your router GUI. 

KRA

@@Tolotos

Emby downloads media for the tvguide movies, it also downloads 2 channel icons that are not from xmltv.se - so it must be something related to that site. However earlier versions of the plugin (on ubuntu) did download logos from same site. I've used the plugin from your first release and I've allways had logos. I've just tested emby on CentOS (linux) and windows server, and both of them show same issue not downloading channel logos from xmltv.se

If the plugin does not use the IP I enter but rather tries to resolv it to a name I can see the problem, but why do this ? If a user uses the name of computer in setup it's ok, but if you use a ip wouldn't that indicate that you are connecting to a server with static ip. My router does not give me the option to add dns names. It's still a little confusing why giving the tvheadend server a "tvheadend" name in hosts file, is tvheadend a fallback name used by plugin ?

Tolotos

@@KRA can you try this version please? I try to detect if the entered hostname is a IP (v4 or v6) or a hostname. And only if a host name is given call a DNS to resolve.

TVHeadEnd.zip

Edited by Tolotos

KRA

I removed the changes I did in hosts file and installed new plugin, everything seems to be still working. Except I still have problems that it's not loading logos from xmltv.se

2015-05-05 18:06:10.0090 Debug - App: Running ChannelImageProvider for Discovery Science
2015-05-05 18:06:10.0090 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://logos.xmltv.se/science.discovery.no.png
2015-05-05 18:06:10.0558 Error - App: Error getting response from http://logos.xmltv.se/science.discovery.no.png
    *** Error Report ***
    System.Net.WebException

2015-05-05 18:06:10.0558 Error - App: Error in Live TV Service Provider
    *** Error Report ***
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
       at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext()
       at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
       at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.ChannelImageProvider.<GetImage>d__5.MoveNext()
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ItemImageProvider.<RefreshFromProvider>d__11.MoveNext()
    InnerException: System.Net.WebException

Tolotos

@@Luke Do you have an idea why the connection is refused for Emby but not for browsers? 

Edited by Tolotos

no. might want to use fiddler to fiddle with headers and see if there's some requirement there

TonkaTuff

Sorry for the ignorance but how do I manually install/update the plugin using the pdb and dll files that are posted here?

I'm running version 1.0.5600.24003 installed via the web client and I seem to be missing a lot of the newer functions including series recording.

Thanks.

Tolotos

@@TonkaTuff I have only tvheadend 4.3.x running which doesn't support series recording. As I run into problems with series recording support and was not able to test on my system I decided to remove all support for tvheadend versions higher than 4.3.x. If a stable tvheadend version is released I'll update to this and implement the series recording function. 

Edited by Tolotos
  • Like 1

Tolotos

I used fiddler and get the following results:

Banned emby request:

==================

Host: logos.xmltv.se
Accept-Encoding: deflate

Working browser request:
====================
Host: logos.xmltv.se
Connection: keep-alive
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/42.0.2311.135 Safari/537.36
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, sdch
Accept-Language: de-DE,de;q=0.8,en-US;q=0.6,en;q=0.4

I try to write a test program which enables setting the header values to check which version will not banned. 

EDIT:

@@Luke I find that the UserAgent value must be set in the header. 

The below code did the trick. 
httpWebRequest.UserAgent = "Emby";

Can you either set a UserAgent in the code or add a setting to enter an own UserAgent value?

Edited by Tolotos

TonkaTuff

@@TonkaTuff I have only tvheadend 4.3.x running which doesn't support series recording. As I run into problems with series recording support and was not able to test on my system I decided to remove all support for tvheadend versions higher than 4.3.x. If a stable tvheadend version is released I'll update to this and implement the series recording function. 

Ah, that makes sense, thanks for the info. I too have had issues with newer versions of tvheadend, specifically 4.9.x.

I'd still like to understand how one manually installs/updates the plugin using the pdb and dll files though.

Cheers

Tolotos

@@TonkaTuff You must place the pdb and the dll files into the plugins folder of emby.

The location on a Windows system is 

C:\Users\<username running Emby>\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\Plugins

Tolotos

• Like 1

sphere

That's kind of unfortunate, since several newer features (e.g. HDHomeRun support) are only available in more recent versions. Do you see any way around dropping support for these altogether? Stable releases don't seem to happen very often (last one is from 2013, apparently).

Tolotos

@@sphere I tried to implement against the published HTSP documentation for the newer versions. Unfortunately the tvheadend guys don't implement or check if they are still compatible with the documented version I got error report over error report from users of the non release versions. You can use the plugin with the new tvheadend version but you can't use the series timer function. 

• 2 weeks later...
trikolon81

Hi everyone,

I use tvheadened 3.9.2752 successfully with kodi and on my ipad. In emby I can only see the first channel (ZDF Neo). Does somebody know why there is only one channel? The tv signal reaches me via cable (Kabel Deutschland).

Best regards

Ben

Tolotos

Please check if you have numbers (only numbers 1..9 no characters no blank) set to your channels. 

If this is not the reason please post the Emby log.

Kind regards

Tolotos