Tvheadend plugin for Emby - Beta 1

Tolotos

Guest Diefenthal

HTSP is currently not supported.

The Emby team is currently working on a SAT>IP implementation for emby.

If this is ready the plugin is no longer needed and Emby can connect to the TVH SAT>IP service directly.

did you have any knowledge to Sat>Ip and Mpeg2Ts ?

are you interested to help by the sat>ip implementation?

• 3 weeks later...
ShotToTheDome

I'm trying to get the schedules direct provided epg program icons working in Emby. Currently all shows have the blank colored background in the menus. Reading up on TVH, it supposedly passes the program icon information. Does anyone have that working and if so how do I go about it? Is there something I need to enable in TVH?

I think I did everything as you said. In the last try I stopped emby after I put the new version of your plugin. So that's my fault, but you could tell me, which version is in that file, which you uploaded here. So I could check if I did it right.

Refresh Guide wasn't running and when I click on "Refresh Guide Data" button it took something around 5 secs.

Log here:  http://bloodkings.eu/uloziste/3.txt

But I'm not sure about this step:

Do you have configured other Live-TV data sources?

When I choose from left menu: Live TV

There are two possibilities:

1) Add tuner

Tuner type:

- HD Homerum

- M3U tuner

- Other -> Detect my devices: none and for additional live tv providers  click on Services tab

2) Add guide provider

- Schedules Direct: requires account (which I dont have and I doubt that I need it)

-  Xml TV: not filled file or url for xml (and I'm not sure if I need it. I dont think so. That's why I tried to choose third opinion, which is Other)

- Other -> Alert -> I should check Services tab.

Ok I switched to Services tab and there I have installed services and there is only tvheadend and there are 3 dots and there is only settings (where can I set IP address for tvheadend,http/hstp port and so on) and uninstall.

Nothing that I could add guide provider.

I also checked help, but it didn't help me.

So honestly I don't know how to configure it and I'm thinking that I need maybe Emby premiere or my Tvheadend version Tvheadend 4.1-2458~g5ea10b5c3 from 12/3/2017 isn't compatible ?

Hello, how are you ?

I have the same problem!
I'm using Emby Version 3.2.32.2 beta
tvheadend version: HTS Tvheadend 4.2.3-20 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v8.2.112
Plugin: 1.1.1.0 tvheadend.

But it does not.

I apologize to everyone. Looking at the log I verified that it was necessary to fill in username and password.

It does not accept the default without password.

Edited by Iorifly

ShotToTheDome

Is there any way to scraper the dvr? Show images from movies and tv shows ?? /

I'm waiting to here if there is a way to get the program icons into emby through the tvheadend plugin as well. Supposedly tvheadend passes the links for those in the show/episode information. I'm using schedules direct so i know the info is in there somewhere

Edited by ShotToTheDome

im85288

Is there any way to scraper the dvr? Show images from movies and tv shows ?? /

I'm waiting to here if there is a way to get the program icons into emby through the tvheadend plugin as well. Supposedly tvheadend passes the links for those in the show/episode information. I'm using schedules direct so i know the info is in there somewhere

Yes the images from movies and tvshows are retrieved correctly from TvHeadEnd....providing you have set up the EPG correctly in TvHeadEnd in the first place and use a source that provides the program images. I use WebGrab Plus http://www.webgrabplus.com/ to retrieve the EPG data of the channels I am interested in and feed that guide data in TVHeadEnd....everything works like a charm. If your using the TVHeadEnd backend in Kodi you even get timeshift etc and as I verified yesterday changing things like the channel icon is immediately shown in the tv guide (Emby caches that data so it is a bit more of a problem to see those changes)

If your running LibreElec they have a webgrapplus addon (and also an emby server addon!) so you can easily install it there as you would any other kodi addon making installation easier for people less familiar with setting up scheduled tasks etc

Yes the images from movies and tvshows are retrieved correctly from TvHeadEnd....providing you have set up the EPG correctly in TvHeadEnd in the first place and use a source that provides the program images. I use WebGrab Plus http://www.webgrabplus.com/ to retrieve the EPG data of the channels I am interested in and feed that guide data in TVHeadEnd....everything works like a charm. If your using the TVHeadEnd backend in Kodi you even get timeshift etc and as I verified yesterday changing things like the channel icon is immediately shown in the tv guide (Emby caches that data so it is a bit more of a problem to see those changes)

If your running LibreElec they have a webgrapplus addon (and also an emby server addon!) so you can easily install it there as you would any other kodi addon making installation easier for people less familiar with setting up scheduled tasks etc

First, thank you! I was very happy to hear that you (im85288) are still on board!

About http://www.webgrabplus.com/ will it work in Brazil?
  • Like 1

I thought the plugin already supported images, right @@Tolotos?

Channel icons are working. But since the latest two updates of emby no show/movie images are displayed.

so can anyone using tvheadend see images on the tv guide.?? thought it may have been my lack of understanding the nas server setup.

Hi there, please see post #488. Thanks !

Hi @@Luke,

here is my log. In the past versions of Emby the log contains much lines Emby is calling a scraper to get images for TV-shows and TV-movies.

I found non of these lines in the current logs during a quick search.

-- Tolotos

server-63642067200.zip

If TVH delivers a imageUrl it is set using this code

if (currEventMessage.containsField("image"))
{
  pInfo.HasImage = true;
  pInfo.ImageUrl = "" + currEventMessage.getString("image");
}
else
{
  pInfo.HasImage = false;
}
Edited by Tolotos

I checked my logs. There is no imageUrl delivered from TVHeadend for all events.

Edited by Tolotos

Are you actually getting image urls from the TVH server? Unfortunately i cannot troubleshoot this personally, suffice to say though none of the other tv plugins are having a problem with images.

I think this is not a Emby or a plugin issue. It looks for me TVH stopped sending the images - or don't get it any longer itself.

ShotToTheDome

I think this is not a Emby or a plugin issue. It looks for me TVH stopped sending the images - or don't get it any longer itself.

Do we need to open a ticket with TVH's devs?

@@im85288  Are you still getting tvheadend images into emby when using webgrabplus?

@@Tolotos I've upgraded tvheadend to master. How do I go about checking to see if tvh is sending the images?

Edited by ShotToTheDome

Tolotos

Search in the log for lines like: "[TVHclient] GetEventsResponseHandler.handleResponse: add event"

Below these lines the content from TVH and the created Emby ProgramInfo will be logged.

The HTSMessage dump must contain a field named "image".

Sample:

HTSMessage:
  <dump>
    eventId : 10564004
    channelId : 8052175
    start : 1506546900
    stop : 1506548700
    title : auslandsjournal
    description : Auslandsmagazin, Deutschland 2017
Referendum ohne Rücksicht - Katalonien kämpft für Unabhängigkeit
Amerika zwischen Freiheit und Hetze - Schlachtfeld Campus
Österreich vor der Wahl - Kann Kurz Kanzler?
"außendienst" in Südkorea - Schlürfen für die Likes Moderation: Antje Pieper
HD-Produktion
    episodeId : 10564005
    contentType : 128
    nextEventId : 10564006
  </dump>