Emby for Kodi-File is no longer available error

ars92
Go to solution Solved by scalda,

Well that took longer than I thought on a plus size this time round emby add-on is working like it should no issues accessing files. :) awesome!!BTW this is my 4th install attempt.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Well that took longer than I thought on a plus size this time round emby add-on is working like it should no issues accessing files. :) awesome!!BTW this is my 4th install attempt.

Haha, I'm glad you got it working! Yes, this is what it means to be a tester. I've reinstalled many, many times myself. As we progress and make the addon more stable, we are aiming for everything to work correctly on the first install. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Angelblue05

@@bluc

Is it back or have you ever gotten it to work on this device? I thought you said it was working? Or do you have more than one Kodi? :)

It was working but this is after a clean install. Add-on were no longer installing so had to reinstall. This is openelec on raspberry pi 2.

Just a bit more info if I go to video/files/add videos/source/upnp I can add videos and they will play but no way to scan them to the library from here...

FireEyes123

I may be able to help, as I encountered this error when setting up my 2 AFTVs. It seems the network credentials are implemented into the library ONLY during the initial sync, and I was entering them afterwards. Assuming that you've already entered your network credentials into the addon, try resetting the database but NOT the addon settings. Then restart Kodi and proceed through the initial sync. This resolved it for me in both instances.

• Like 2

I may be able to help, as I encountered this error when setting up my 2 AFTVs. It seems the network credentials are implemented into the library ONLY during the initial sync, and I was entering them afterwards. Assuming that you've already entered your network credentials into the addon, try resetting the database but NOT the addon settings. Then restart Kodi and proceed through the initial sync. This resolved it for me in both instances.

Certainly worth a try I am rebuilding library now will post back with result when it finishs.

FireEyes123 your a legend :) that fixed it, works like a charm now!!

Edited by bluc

• 8 months later...
AndyBlaser

FireEyes123, thanks a lot for that hint - very helpful!

It would be great if this could be fixed for later versions of the add-on. Also, could the error message be more specific, so users have at least some idea what the problem is?

Anyway, great work, Emby team!

Angelblue05

This is already changed in beta. The network credentials are added to passwords.xml rather than being included in the path. So this means, you can add them before or after the initial sync, it does not matter. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
bmcclure937

Thanks to this thread I figured out my issues. I had a fresh Emby install on Kodi (Amazon FireTV 2) and it was not playing media from my SMB shares. I did a database reset and re-configured Emby and now all is good!

• Like 1