Emby for Kodi-File is no longer available error

ars92
Go to solution Solved by scalda,

Hey guys, have been using Emby for a while now, and am starting to test this new addon. Got it to sync (really fast, took only 8 minutes to sync 2700 episodes on a wireless connection!)

But then everytime I try to play a file this happens

5523a2d8b76b7_Screenshot20150407172409.p

So I have taken a kodi info and debug log while trying to play tw types of file. One is Accel World using this method (going into the TV show folder and playing) and another one is Modern Family by trying to click the recently added episodes, but that one doesn't produce any errors, it just does nothing.

What I did in the settings was use both hostname or IP but same error. I don't have any username or password for my server. My Emby profile is also not private so I didn't need to unhide them. Im not sure what else I could do as those were so far considered as the solution to this issue

Kodi 14.2 Final

Windows 8.1

Emby addon 0.0.20

kodi_debug.log

kodi_info.log

scalda

Hey guys, have been using Emby for a while now, and am starting to test this new addon. Got it to sync (really fast, took only 8 minutes to sync 2700 episodes on a wireless connection!)

But then everytime I try to play a file this happens

5523a2d8b76b7_Screenshot20150407172409.p

So I have taken a kodi info and debug log while trying to play tw types of file. One is Accel World using this method (going into the TV show folder and playing) and another one is Modern Family by trying to click the recently added episodes, but that one doesn't produce any errors, it just does nothing.

What I did in the settings was use both hostname or IP but same error. I don't have any username or password for my server. My Emby profile is also not private so I didn't need to unhide them. Im not sure what else I could do as those were so far considered as the solution to this issue

Kodi 14.2 Final

Windows 8.1

Emby addon 0.0.20

You need to change your paths in emby server to use the unc paths that is why your kodi can't play the file as the path isn't actually looking for the smb path to you server

You need to change your paths in emby server to use the unc paths that is why your kodi can't play the file as the path isn't actually looking for the smb path to you server

You mean the kodi settings are OK already, but the paths on the server is not right?

In the library section of the Emby server settings, this is the path to my TV shows

/mnt/user/Media/TV shows

Do you mean I have to make it to something like

//TOWER/mnt/user/Media TV shows  ?  My server is running Linux (unRAID) so im unsure what path I need to change.

Edited by ars92

• Solution
scalda

you need to use a network path in emby, not the local path to it. as when it syncs to kodi it can't read the local path as it doesn't exist on the local machine.

i don't no how to set it up on linux as i'm not thatgood with it

• Like 2

you need to use a network path in emby, not the local path to it. as when it syncs to kodi it can't read the local path as it doesn't exist on the local machine.

i don't no how to set it up on linux as i'm not thatgood with it

I get it now. I presume your server is on Windows/mac? the problem with mine is that it is a headless server, so what I did was try path substitution, which is available under the library settings. This is what I did

5523b263bb091_path.png

I changed it to how it looks like on Windows. Will reset the DB and resync and see whether it works or not

EDIT: Works perfectly now!! Thanks for the hint Scalda! When people were talking about UNC path for this addon, I kept on thinking about the hostname on Kodi lol, when it turns out that I have to edit the path on the server itself. Everything's working now, will have to test this addon further

Edited by ars92

I have got this error to , after i had it working for a day. My only solution have been to reset the database and start over.

will upload log when i get home

marcelveldt

Make sure to enter your SMB credentials in the addon-settings --> playback.

That will fix the issue you're experiencing.

Make sure to enter your SMB credentials in the addon-settings --> playback.

That will fix the issue you're experiencing.

not really , every thing worked a few hours for me before i got this error  (and yes i had enterd the credentials )

marcelveldt

not really , every thing worked a few hours for me before i got this error  (and yes i had enterd the credentials )

Are there any errors in your logfile perhaps ?

What you can Always give a try is do a rescan of the library. While the addon is still in beta the first versions had some errors causing incorrect library scans.

If you open the addon-settings you'll notice a reset button in the advanced tab, this will force a reset and rescan.

mata7

smb password makes no different, still have the problem, marcel did you look at my log?

thanks

xnappo

Yes - we looked at your log.  It is a permissions problem for some reason.

03:28:18 T:140735288013568  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: smb://MEDIASERVER/Movies 2/The Good The Bad And The Ugly (1966)/The Good The Bad And The Ugly (1966).mkv

03:28:18 T:4599013376  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
03:28:18 T:140735288013568   ERROR: PlayMedia could not play media: smb://MEDIASERVER/Movies 2/The Good The Bad And The Ugly (1966)/The Good The Bad And The Ugly (1966).mkv

mata7

yeah thas how my emby share are setup, i have no problem playing from IOS App or Local and outside nework web player, only wiht emby kodi, also plex work fine, browsing and playing files over the network on my mac work fine, i really dont know what could be the problem

emby server is on my window server 2012R2, i dont know what to do

anyway thanks for you help

Angelblue05

yeah thas how my emby share are setup, i have no problem playing from IOS App or Local and outside nework web player, only wiht emby kodi, also plex work fine, browsing and playing files over the network on my mac work fine, i really dont know what could be the problem

emby server is on my window server 2012R2, i dont know what to do

anyway thanks for you help

Ok, we will figure out what the problem is. :) We are still in the pretty early stage of the add-on.

Im using the addon on raspberry pi 2 and I have the same problem I just hit the reset button but does not seem to do anything.

EDIt Got the reset to work will see what happens when it finishs.

Edited by bluc

Gigahurtz

Im using the addon on raspberry pi 2 and I have the same problem I just hit the reset button but does not seem to do anything.

EDIt Got the reset to work will see what happens when it finishs.

Using latest beta on Kodi (Fire TV) and reset database no longer works for me either.

Has this issue been resolved?Shall I try reinstalling the emby addon again yet? "MAta7" did you get yours working?

Edited by bluc

Angelblue05

What happens if you set the share permission for your media folders to allow Everyone (read-only), are you then able to play the content in Kodi? If not, can you try enabling the Play using HTTP (restart Kodi so it scans in new paths), does it work? Is Kodi on the same machine as the server? If so, is Kodi installed under the same windows user as your Emby server's?

It really seems like a permission problem...

@@bluc are you able to post your log, so we can make sure you are having the same problem as the others?

Edited by Angelblue05

Any ideas how I get my log from openelec or do you mean my server log? I have all my shares setup with two users main admin account r/w and everyone read only. Oh also am using raspberry pi 2 cheers

Edited by bluc

Angelblue05

@@bluc Ok, just follow the tutorial in my signature for the log (How to report a problem). I'd suggest you use the add-on xbmc log uploaded since it will automatically generate a link for it, and then all you need to do is include it in your post. Thanks again for helping testing. Obviously we are not experiencing this issue, so it's important for people to speak up and hopefully we can narrow down the cause of the problem.

Out of curiosity, did you use the old Mb addon? If so, did it work then, and now it's not working with the new add-on?

Edited by Angelblue05

Yes the old media browser add on works fine is what I'm using ATM but would love to be able to use the emby add-on. I will reset up emby add-on then post up a log cheers...

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Your log shouldn't contain any passwords, but you can pm me your log if you'd like. I'll check it out.

Edited by Angelblue05