Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

Hey mbc0, which client are you using with mbs?

Mbt works off the shelf with my plugin but mbc requires a free plugin to be installed and configured. You can get it from the mbc configurator. I'm on my mobile at the minute so it's a bit difficult to give detailed instructions but once it's installed, you need to click the configure button and set it to use theme media as the source.

Sorry for the vagueness of the response! I'm away for the next week with little net access. We'll get you sorted one way or another tho! :-D

Hi,

I am using MBT & XBMBC3 and neither work, but as I replied just a minute ago to another user the plugin is not doing anything (there is no backdrop folder being created in my movie folders) 

Thanks for your help so far guys

radeon

Hi,

I am using MBT & XBMBC3 and neither work, but as I replied just a minute ago to another user the plugin is not doing anything (there is no backdrop folder being created in my movie folders) 

Thanks for your help so far guys

Just a thought, do you have your mb3 supporter key installed in mbs?

My plugins wont run at all, even in trial mode if you're not a supporter.

Otherwise, chuck us over a copy of your mbs debug log and ill take a look

• Like 1

Aha! No I am not a supporter... That will be why then :-D 

I have only just moved everything across & intended to give everything a good hammering before deciding to stick with it, But am very impressed with the amount of work going on I am heading over to the supporter page now ;-)

Thanks Mate

• Like 1

Hiya, I have become a supporter and the video's are downloading into my movie folders now but mbt is not displaying any video's for the movies with the backdrop folder in them, I will let it churn overnight & if it is still not working I will try to work out how to get a debug log... thanks matey

• Like 1

foghat

Hiya, I have become a supporter and the video's are downloading into my movie folders now but mbt is not displaying any video's for the movies with the backdrop folder in them, I will let it churn overnight & if it is still not working I will try to work out how to get a debug log... thanks matey

What do you mean by 'not displaying any moves with the backdrop folder in them'?  Are you saying the actual movie is not being displayed? Or that you do not see a backdrop folder/video when viewing the movie in MBT?  If the latter, you shouldn't see anything relating to the back drop video. 

When you select a movie that has a back drop (you need to actually select the movie), the video should start playing automatically in the background.

• Like 2

Hi mate, the leaving on overnight for it to do it's stuff obviously did the trick ;-) All working well & like it alot! great plug-in :-)  thanks for your time

• Like 1

How long should we expect to wait for a theme to get processed serverside?  I want to make sure my uploading is working.

• Like 1

Erik

Hi,

I was trying to go into the Movie Theme Video Plugin through MBS but I get the error "Sequence Contains no Matching Elements" in the middle of the window and I cannot select any of the tabs (Download filters/upload filters....)

Tried a restart, to no avail.

Added: Movie Theme Video Version 1.1.0.5 with server Version 3.0.5188.21314

Thanks,

Erik

Edited by Erik

radeon

Hi,

I was trying to go into the Movie Theme Video Plugin through MBS but I get the error "Sequence Contains no Matching Elements" in the middle of the window and I cannot select any of the tabs (Download filters/upload filters....)

Tried a restart, to no avail.

Added: Movie Theme Video Version 1.1.0.5 with server Version 3.0.5188.21314

Thanks,

Erik

Hey @@Erik

There's a bit of a problem with the config page which requires you to hit Ctrl + F5 to refresh the cache before it works. This will be fixed in the next release but I'm away until next week so it wont be before then.

Cheers,

radeon

RELEASE V1.1.0.6

OK, I got some time on a friends machine today whilst I'm away to hopefully fix some issues with the Movie plugin and also bring the contributors network to the TV plugin. :D

So, in summary this should hopefully a fix config page refresh issue and fix the upload filters not saving.

Let me know how you get on!:-D

Cheers,

radeon

How long should we expect to wait for a theme to get processed serverside?  I want to make sure my uploading is working.

Hey @@shepP,

There were a couple of bugs in the last release that I have just resolved so you should see the themes you have uploaded in the Upload Filter List within the plugins configuration screen.

As for how long it will take before they're actually available to others - I'm yet to have automated that and I'm away at the minute but as soon as I'm back home it'll be fairly instant. I.E. just the time it takes to run the conversion.

Cheers,

Hey @@shepP,

There were a couple of bugs in the last release that I have just resolved so you should see the themes you have uploaded in the Upload Filter List within the plugins configuration screen.

As for how long it will take before they're actually available to others - I'm yet to have automated that and I'm away at the minute but as soon as I'm back home it'll be fairly instant. I.E. just the time it takes to run the conversion.

Cheers,

I checked my upload list after upgrading to the latest version and it's blank.  I made a theme.mp4 for Barb Wire (1996) which should have been uploaded but I can't find it on my upload list.

Also Tron (1982) is downloading Tron Legacy (2010).

Thanks for an amazing plugin.  Movie Theme Video Backdrops is incredible!

• Like 1

Logos302

It seems that this plug in doesn't know anything about language as it download a video theme for Despicable Me 2 that was not English.  Anything that can be done about this??

radeon

I checked my upload list after upgrading to the latest version and it's blank.  I made a theme.mp4 for Barb Wire (1996) which should have been uploaded but I can't find it on my upload list.

Also Tron (1982) is downloading Tron Legacy (2010).

Thanks for an amazing plugin.  Movie Theme Video Backdrops is incredible!

Yep, there was a bug in the upload list so if your theme was uploaded before then then it wouldnt be displayed. I can see that its on the server but its over the 100mb mark so will need to be proccessed before its available .

As for Tron, Ill take a look when i get a mo.

Awesome thanks for the update!  I love the c.network idea.  I notice some of the themes are quite small 10mb vs 100mb does the plugin know to download a higher quality one if it becomes available or do we manage that stuff on our own? 

radeon

It seems that this plug in doesn't know anything about language as it download a video theme for Despicable Me 2 that was not English.  Anything that can be done about this??

Despicable Me 2? I have Despicable Me 2 in my own collection and I didnt have a theme and after running the plugin it hasnt retrieved one now either so It hasnt been manually added or added via the contribution network either?

2014-03-22 21:28:32.8979 Debug - App: Movie Theme Videos - No Video Found for [Despicable Me 2] | TmdbID: [93456]

That said, no the plugin doesnt have a concept of language for the theme files as its not stored anywhere, I suppose i could check against the movies language but that doesnt really count for much as the user may well just add any random language for theme video anyway. I would generally opt for english on all anyway so if they are found, i'd happily delete theme from the server.

radeon

Awesome thanks for the update!  I love the c.network idea.  I notice some of the themes are quite small 10mb vs 100mb does the plugin know to download a higher quality one if it becomes available or do we manage that stuff on our own? 

Not at the minute but it is something im thinking about as I want to produce the highest quality content possible. I think this is now quite possibly the biggest collection of theme video/audio media in the world but we can always find room to improve!! :-D

Logos302

Despicable Me 2? I have Despicable Me 2 in my own collection and I didnt have a theme and after running the plugin it hasnt retrieved one now either so It hasnt been manually added or added via the contribution network either?

2014-03-22 21:28:32.8979 Debug - App: Movie Theme Videos - No Video Found for [Despicable Me 2] | TmdbID: [93456]

That said, no the plugin doesnt have a concept of language for the theme files as its not stored anywhere, I suppose i could check against the movies language but that doesnt really count for much as the user may well just add any random language for theme video anyway. I would generally opt for english on all anyway so if they are found, i'd happily delete theme from the server.

your right after looking it must have been something else that download the theme video.  

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

your right after looking it must have been something else that download the theme video.

I think you might find its the trailer that is in the foreign language, i remember mine being in german or spanish i think

• Like 1

geno27

latest movie video incorrects

Kick Ass 2 (2013) id 59859 - showing theme from Kick Ass (2010) id 23483

The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug (2013) id 57158 - showing a cast video from The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey (2012)

Evil Dead (1981)  id 764 - showing theme from Evil Dead (2013) id 109428

not sure if you were trying to eliminate the foreign language menus or not...

The Shawshank Redemption (1994) id 278

The Neverending Story (1984) id 34584

Dead Man Down (2013) id 102362

shaefurr

Speaking of those, Best Man Down (2013) pulled the same video Man of Steel has. lol was interesting at least

radeon

latest movie video incorrects

Kick Ass 2 (2013) id 59859 - showing theme from Kick Ass (2010) id 23483

The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug (2013) id 57158 - showing a cast video from The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey (2012)

Evil Dead (1981)  id 764 - showing theme from Evil Dead (2013) id 109428

not sure if you were trying to eliminate the foreign language menus or not...

The Shawshank Redemption (1994) id 278

The Neverending Story (1984) id 34584

Dead Man Down (2013) id 102362

Speaking of those, Best Man Down (2013) pulled the same video Man of Steel has. lol was interesting at least

Thanks guys! After a good idea from a couple of people, im thinking of ways to bring in a vote/reporting feature to enable the wrong ones to just be struck off when they are found.

Unfortunately im dependant on peoples local metadata being accurate and some obviously really isnt! lol

geno27

Thanks guys! After a good idea from a couple of people, im thinking of ways to bring in a vote/reporting feature to enable the wrong ones to just be struck off when they are found.

Unfortunately im dependant on peoples local metadata being accurate and some obviously really isnt! lol

That would be a good idea.

Along those lines, I was also wondering about what would be the best way for users to improve upon the themes that are already present. For instance, say a movie is currently using a trailer as the theme and a user wants to upload the blu ray menu theme once it becomes available. What's the best way for them to let you know that what they are uploading is an improvement? Is there a way to somehow make a comment on the video being uploaded?

Maybe this is what you're thinking as far as voting goes....

• Like 2