Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

radeon

Radeon just a minor thing,the description on the download and upload filter page are both the same and referring to the download page.

The heading changes but not the description.

Thank you good sir! Just a bit of copy and paste of code etc going on there! opps! I'll get it sorted for the next release. Thanks again. :-D

Pelon

I will do this as soon as I get home. I can restart MBS right now and even run the upload, but I don't have access to the actual log until I get home, and the intent is to get a clean log.

I was looking for something like this and I even posted something similar in another thread.

Yogi

Radeon just a minor thing,the description on the download and upload filter page are both the same and referring to the download page.

The heading changes but not the description.

• Like 1

Pelon

Hi Radeon

Sorry for the slight delay, but I wanted to figure it out on my own, in order to not waste your time looking at the logs.

OK, I have figured out my issue:

20140105\ffprobe.exe -i file:"\\FRANK-MEDIASERV\F\mkv\Meat Loaf, Three Bats Live (2011)\backdrops\theme.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_format
2014-03-13 09:22:45.1933 Info - App: Movie Theme Videos - Cancelling Upload - File Too Large: 201659848

So with the current limit, the files that I have are too large.

I would have to reprocess all the files that I created, but I would still like to keep the higher quality.

Can the plugin include the option of converting the file on the fly to a lower quality setting before it is uploaded?

So far I have used MKV as the container, as it is the same container that I'm using for my files, and it does work perfectly on MBC. I keep the same settings that I use for my movies, so that also means that I use audio passthrough, and that might also explain the large files.

radeon

Hi Radeon

Sorry for the slight delay, but I wanted to figure it out on my own, in order to not waste your time looking at the logs.

OK, I have figured out my issue:

20140105\ffprobe.exe -i file:"\\FRANK-MEDIASERV\F\mkv\Meat Loaf, Three Bats Live (2011)\backdrops\theme.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_format
2014-03-13 09:22:45.1933 Info - App: Movie Theme Videos - Cancelling Upload - File Too Large: 201659848

So with the current limit, the files that I have are too large.

I would have to reprocess all the files that I created, but I would still like to keep the higher quality.

Can the plugin include the option of converting the file on the fly to a lower quality setting before it is uploaded?

So far I have used MKV as the container, as it is the same container that I'm using for my files, and it does work perfectly on MBC. I keep the same settings that I use for my movies, so that also means that I use audio passthrough, and that might also explain the large files.

Hey @@Pelon,

I'm planning to up the file size limits eventually, once i get an idea of the bandwidth/space required. I have also thought about performing conversions and am thinking of running the conversion server side if I do any. Whilst the themes are very nice to have,  for some, 200-300mb is a lot of space to take up for a theme so i dont want to push it on people unless i really have to.

That said, I would never expect you to change or compress your themes as that's just going way to far.

I'm away all of next week but when I'm back, ill look into it more. I really want to get the code ported to the TV themes ASAP too.

Can I ask on favour though? Could you do a search on your movies for all theme.mkv's and tell me the biggest file size you have for you collection?

@@DigiTM, could you do the same? I know you both use epic file sizes and i want to get an idea as to what the biggest is that i would have to go to in order to scoop up all of the themes?

Cheers,

radeon

Nice one @@geno27.

I want to try and keep this as accurate as possible so any feedback like this is perfect so thanks!

If you report any more, could you possibly give me the TMDB for those that are wrong too please? They are all named by their TMDB id to make sure they are unique on the system so having that information would make things soo much more easier for me.

Thanks again for the feedback! :-D

radeon

Hey @@Pelon, give the latest build a go (1105), it allows for any file size uploaded but anything bigger than 100mb will be re-encoded server side.

Cheers,

• Like 1

geno27

Radeon,

Was looking over the new theme videos that have come into my library since the update with the contributors network. I found a couple that were incorrect and didn't know if this was the best place to let you know about them.

Evil Dead (1981) - theme shown is from The Evil Dead (2013)

Twilight Saga New Moon (2009) - theme shown is from Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 1 

Escape Plan (2013) - theme is correct but shows someone clicking through all of the disc menus. Just a heads up in case a better one comes along.

The other themes look great. Really nice work.

• Like 1

Hi, 

I am a new user to mediabrowser from XBMC/Plex & am trying to understand what this plugin does?

I have installed it a couple of days ago & have been browsing my titles in the letter A as I am on a trial but what is it supposed to do? I don't see anything happen?

here is my plugin screen..

.5322532a7ff87_theme.jpg

foghat

The plugin should download backdrop videos for movies that you have.  There is not a video for every movie out there, so it is possible there are no backdrops for any of your A movies.  Though I suspect this is unlikely.  Have you actually run the plugin (under Scheduled Tasks)?  If so, I have found that with the last couple of versions, the display can some times be strange - as like you are seeing, it doesn't really show anything. 

In fact mine is doing just that right now - to get it to display properly I have to close the internet browser window and then restart it by right clicking Media Browser in the system tray and selecting 'configure media browser'.  Then my movies display properly.  No idea why it is doing this.  But it is a new issue.

Any way.  Once you see some movies in the list, when browsing and then selecting the movie in MBT or MBC the video will play in the background instead of displaying the backdrop images.

Pelon

Hey @@Pelon, give the latest build a go (1105), it allows for any file size uploaded but anything bigger than 100mb will be re-encoded server side.

Cheers,

I will test this, thanks.

By the way ironically, my largest theme.mkv file is the one I included in the log. I take that back for a second, I have "A view to a kill" at 500 Mb, but even I have to admit that this file is extremely large for a quick clip. That is almost the same size as a TV show.

• Like 1

chef

Okay I know it seems redundant but, I have two copies of some movies. One is HD and the other is 3D. The theme plugin only download for one version of the movie.

I have them separated into different collections and they are also in different folder structures on my computer.

Example:

D:\3D\Gravity\gravity.mkv <-- gets a theme video

E:\HD\Gravity\gravity.mkv <-- does not.

foghat

@@radeon, further to my comments above, here are the wonky display issues I am seeing with 1.1.0.5:

1. on initial launch of 'Configure Media Browser' and then selecting plugin, everything displays fine, in a single list I see downloaded movies, then Upload filters, then Audio Normalization, then Contributor network .  However, the buttons/tabs at the top of the page do not do anything.

53232009936de_fine.jpg

2.  If navigate away from plugin (to dashboard, for example) and then navigate back to plug in, downloaded movies still display fine, but Upload Filters, Audio Normalization and Contributors Network no long display under downloaded movies.  Clicking any of the tabs at the top give a quick message stating: Sequence Contains no matching elements.

532320493df7f_notfine1.jpg

3. If you navigate away from plugin again and then go back to plugin, now nothing displays

5323209182d33_notfine2.jpg

• Like 1

The plugin should download backdrop videos for movies that you have.  There is not a video for every movie out there, so it is possible there are no backdrops for any of your A movies.  Though I suspect this is unlikely.  Have you actually run the plugin (under Scheduled Tasks)?  If so, I have found that with the last couple of versions, the display can some times be strange - as like you are seeing, it doesn't really show anything. 

In fact mine is doing just that right now - to get it to display properly I have to close the internet browser window and then restart it by right clicking Media Browser in the system tray and selecting 'configure media browser'.  Then my movies display properly.  No idea why it is doing this.  But it is a new issue.

Any way.  Once you see some movies in the list, when browsing and then selecting the movie in MBT or MBC the video will play in the background instead of displaying the backdrop images.

Ok, then this is definitely not working for me :-( 

I have 182 movies beginning with "A" and when I click "Download Local Movie/TV Themes" It takes 1 second to complete and nothing happens :-(

foghat

Ok, then this is definitely not working for me :-( 

I have 182 movies beginning with "A" and when I click "Download Local Movie/TV Themes" It takes 1 second to complete and nothing happens :-(

Do you have Avatar?  After Earth, or any of the Alien movies? If so check the related movie folder and see if you have a subfolder called backdrops with a theme.mp4 file in it.  If you do, it worked and the display may not be displaying properly.

Edited by foghat
  • Like 1

radeon

@@radeon, further to my comments above, here are the wonky display issues I am seeing with 1.1.0.5:

1. on initial launch of 'Configure Media Browser' and then selecting plugin, everything displays fine, in a single list I see downloaded movies, then Upload filters, then Audio Normalization, then Contributor network . However, the buttons/tabs at the top of the page do not do anything.

53232009936de_fine.jpg

2. If navigate away from plugin (to dashboard, for example) and then navigate back to plug in, downloaded movies still display fine, but Upload Filters, Audio Normalization and Contributors Network no long display under downloaded movies. Clicking any of the tabs at the top give a quick message stating: Sequence Contains no matching elements.

532320493df7f_notfine1.jpg

3. If you navigate away from plugin again and then go back to plugin, now nothing displays

5323209182d33_notfine2.jpg

Nice one , looks like I have some problems to fix with that! I did just chuck it in without much testing. I'm in the road for the next week so I may not get to it for a few but it will be fixed! :-D

radeon

Okay I know it seems redundant but, I have two copies of some movies. One is HD and the other is 3D. The theme plugin only download for one version of the movie.

I have them separated into different collections and they are also in different folder structures on my computer.

Example:

D:\3D\Gravity\gravity.mkv <-- gets a theme video

E:\HD\Gravity\gravity.mkv <-- does not.

That'll be the theme filter stopping it from downloading again.in each download, a theme filter is added so if a user doesn't like the theme, they can delete it and the plugin won't download it again. This is catching you out as as you have said, you have two versions of the film.

For now, if you delete the filter from the plugins config page, save it, then run the task again, you should get it. I'm away for the next week but when I'm back, I'll give some thought to that sort of situation. I cant think of one at the minute tho!

geno27

a few more incorrects...

Anchorman 2 - The Legend Continues (2013) - id 109443 - theme video is Keeping Up with the Kardashians - id 14814

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) - id 118 - theme video is actually Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971) - id 252

• Like 1

radeon

Hi,

I am a new user to mediabrowser from XBMC/Plex & am trying to understand what this plugin does?

I have installed it a couple of days ago & have been browsing my titles in the letter A as I am on a trial but what is it supposed to do? I don't see anything happen?

here is my plugin screen..

.5322532a7ff87_theme.jpg

Hey mbc0, which client are you using with mbs?

Mbt works off the shelf with my plugin but mbc requires a free plugin to be installed and configured. You can get it from the mbc configurator. I'm on my mobile at the minute so it's a bit difficult to give detailed instructions but once it's installed, you need to click the configure button and set it to use theme media as the source.

Sorry for the vagueness of the response! I'm away for the next week with little net access. We'll get you sorted one way or another tho! :-D

foghat

That'll be the theme filter stopping it from downloading again.in each download, a theme filter is added so if a user doesn't like the theme, they can delete it and the plugin won't download it again. This is catching you out as as you have said, you have two versions of the film.

For now, if you delete the filter from the plugins config page, save it, then run the task again, you should get it. I'm away for the next week but when I'm back, I'll give some thought to that sort of situation. I cant think of one at the minute tho!

One  way  may be to separate out the logic.

1 process that downloads movies if they do not already have a theme.mp4 and one process that checks against a 'do not download' list to not download themes user does not want downloaded. 

With ability to move movie from downloaded list to do not download list.  Ideally there would be an option to delete the theme.mp4 when moving to the do not download list.

Edited by foghat
  • Like 1

foghat

Well i could just separate the logic for those themes downloaded and those that people don't want to download,

I.e. Within the plugins config, there would be a section for all of those themes downloaded, then a filter section for manual entry where a user can prevent further downloads from being made. I did initially release it so the user would manually have to enter the movies names but had the request to make it automatic so any theme downloaded, a theme filter would be added.

No which way do i choose to do it?!

What is the advantage/reason given for the automatic filter request? 

I mean, I'd obviously still want the movies with themes downloaded to appear in a list of some sort.  But I would think that as long as the logic is such that you are not constantly re-downloading, for a given movie, themes you already have, there is no reason to prevent a theme downloading a second time if required - as in the example above with gravity.  In the odd case where you don't want the theme to download at all, then manually add the movie to the 'do not download' list.

And, coincidentally enough, I just came up with another reason you may want to download again (without going through the hassle of deleting the movie in the plugin).  One of my drives containing 100's of my dvd rips (thank god it wasn't bluray rips) just shit the bed. 

When/if I decide to go through the effort of re-ripping all of these dvds, it would be nice if the plugin just automatically downloaded the themes again.  In this case, going through the filter list and manually deleting each movie is not appealing and just extra work on top of already having to re-rip all of these dvds.

• Like 1

DigiTM

Radeon

Found the largest size to be 663Mb, this was Rocky.  Very abnormal.  95% of them seem to fall between the 200MB to 400Mb sizes.  Averaging 260Mb.

• Like 1

radeon

One  way  may be to separate out the logic.

1 process that downloads movies if they do not already have a theme.mp4 and one process that checks against a 'do not download' list to not download themes user does not want downloaded. 

With ability to move movie from downloaded list to do not download list.  Ideally there would be an option to delete the theme.mp4 when moving to the do not download list.

Well i could just separate the logic for those themes downloaded and those that people don't want to download,

I.e. Within the plugins config, there would be a section for all of those themes downloaded, then a filter section for manual entry where a user can prevent further downloads from being made. I did initially release it so the user would manually have to enter the movies names but had the request to make it automatic so any theme downloaded, a theme filter would be added.

No which way do i choose to do it?!

Do you have Avatar?  After Earth, or any of the Alien movies? If so check the related movie folder and see if you have a subfolder called backdrops with a theme.mp4 file in it.  If you do, it worked and the display may not be displaying properly.

Hi,

I do have those folders but there is no backdrop folder inside :-(