#941 chrismallia OFFLINE  

chrismallia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Local time: 12:52 AM

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:55 AM

My  Apologies especially to the Emby team

But really your  plugins are not downloading anything, I tried adding manually but still nothing, and I also get the blank Icons as @thostr explaned. We know we have to buy a licence separate and gladly will but if trial only works for 1 movie of my entire collection it does not give me high hopes to buy it, I really want to buy all your plugins but please help us see it in action first.

Regards

#942 Scott310 OFFLINE  

Scott310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Local time: 10:52 PM

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:51 PM

My  Apologies especially to the Emby team

But really your  plugins are not downloading anything, I tried adding manually but still nothing, and I also get the blank Icons as @thostr explaned. We know we have to buy a licence separate and gladly will but if trial only works for 1 movie of my entire collection it does not give me high hopes to buy it, I really want to buy all your plugins but please help us see it in action first.

Regards

If you are adding manually, the theme will not play unless it has the correct folder and naming structure.  A video theme needs to be placed in a folder called backdrops and the video itself needs to be named theme.  This folder needs to be placed inside the movie folder in which you would like it to appear. Also if there are other unnecessary folders inside the movie folder that are not created by the server it will confuse the plugin and possibly not play the backdrop.

Edited by Scott310, 21 May 2019 - 12:51 PM.

• radeon likes this

#943 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3945 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:36 PM

My Apologies especially to the Emby team
But really your plugins are not downloading anything, I tried adding manually but still nothing, and I also get the blank Icons as @thostr explaned. We know we have to buy a licence separate and gladly will but if trial only works for 1 movie of my entire collection it does not give me high hopes to buy it, I really want to buy all your plugins but please help us see it in action first.
Regards

if you haven’t bought a licence you aren’t in a position to comment on whether they are working or not. Many users have told you that they work, I am another. Here is some evidence. 23c077a5fcaa7a9ebf5074d47141f818.jpg
But the dev only offers a limited trial, that’s not going to change. Either pay up or don’t
  • radeon likes this

#944 MindBullet OFFLINE  

MindBullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:24 PM

Anybody here on Emby server 4.1.1.0 and working Theme Videos/Songs plug ins? Does anybody know how I can migrate my existing themes and backdrops again, if I downgraded from the beta to stable?

#945 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140224 posts
  • Local time: 05:52 PM

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:27 PM

Anybody here on Emby server 4.1.1.0 and working Theme Videos/Songs plug ins? Does anybody know how I can migrate my existing themes and backdrops again, if I downgraded from the beta to stable?

Hi, did you see the post right above yours?

#946 MindBullet OFFLINE  

MindBullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:02 PM

Uhm yeah I did, why? How is that related to my question? I bought all 4 licenses and also YTrailers or what do you mean?

He wasn't talking to me I think and also he doesn't say whether he's on the latest stable version. Neither did his post explain how to get the plug-ins working if you're coming from a higher version number. 

Edited by MindBullet, 21 May 2019 - 04:48 PM.

#947 MindBullet OFFLINE  

MindBullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:52 PM

An evidence of the themes working is great. Event though It doesn't help me with my issue at all or is an answer to my question

#948 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3945 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:33 PM

An evidence of the themes working is great. Event though It doesn't help me with my issue at all or is an answer to my question

i am on latest stable so that answers that. I don’t believe you can migrate your setup. Emby will use anything that is already in situ but the plug in doesn’t know about it and will redownload I think

#949 MindBullet OFFLINE  

MindBullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:41 PM

i am on latest stable so that answers that. I don’t believe you can migrate your setup. Emby will use anything that is already in situ but the plug in doesn’t know about it and will redownload I think

Thank you very much for helping me in that regard :) I tried to redownload the items and I have to be clear about it, because the themes and theme videos are indeed working, they're just not shown in the plug-in's web interface. They do work and get played normally, if I'm in the item view of a video file. The list for the themes is just empty in the plug-in's UI.

I didn't get a 100% what you meant, but do you think deleting the themes and backdrops from the media folders and redownload everything again would do the trick? Thanks again very much for your help attempts!

#950 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3945 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:47 PM

Thank you very much for helping me in that regard :) I tried to redownload the items and I have to be clear about it, because the themes and theme videos are indeed working, they're just not shown in the plug-in's web interface. They do work and get played normally, if I'm in the item view of a video file. The list for the themes is just empty in the plug-in's UI.

I didn't get a 100% what you meant, but do you think deleting the themes and backdrops from the media folders and redownload everything again would do the trick? Thanks again very much for your help attempts!

its been a while since I did this but it sounds like it’s working for you as I’m attempting to describe . If you have already migrated then as I understand it the settings screen for the plug in should be empty as it only knows what it has downloaded, not what a prior version of the plugin downloaded. I think you just have to run the plugin task again and it will redownload everything, fill up the settings screen with the results and overwrite any existing themes.

Although, yes what you say makes sense. Perhaps it doesn’t overwrite them BECAUSE they are already there. Try deleting one of your themed and running the plugin task

#951 MindBullet OFFLINE  

MindBullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:50 PM

its been a while since I did this but it sounds like it’s working for you as I’m attempting to describe . If you have already migrated then as I understand it the settings screen for the plug in should be empty as it only knows what it has downloaded, not what a prior version of the plugin downloaded. I think you just have to run the plugin task again and it will redownload everything, fill up the settings screen with the results and overwrite any existing themes.

Although, yes what you say makes sense. Perhaps it doesn’t overwrite them BECAUSE they are already there. Try deleting one of your themed and running the plugin task

Thank you so much for your help! Right when you posted this I was about to edit my previous post: "Edit: I'll just try with my movies library" haha, so I really think (from what I can tell with my little knowledge in that regard) that this might solve it. I really think it will, as the plug-ins are working perfectly, but, as you said, it doesn't "know" that the themes and backdrops already exist from my previous version. Might be bullseye and I'll post again what the outcome was. Thanks very much again! I felt sorta lost with that topic :D

• Spaceboy likes this

#952 MindBullet OFFLINE  

MindBullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:05 PM

@Spaceboy that was it! Themes are appearing in the plug-in's UI again !! Awe-some! Thank you my man!

#953 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3945 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:51 PM

@Spaceboy that was it! Themes are appearing in the plug-in's UI again !! Awe-some! Thank you my man!

no problem
  • MindBullet likes this

#954 chrismallia OFFLINE  

chrismallia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:50 AM

if you haven’t bought a licence you aren’t in a position to comment on whether they are working or not. Many users have told you that they work, I am another. Here is some evidence. 23c077a5fcaa7a9ebf5074d47141f818.jpg
But the dev only offers a limited trial, that’s not going to change. Either pay up or don’t

Well thanks for the info but I am sorry to say that this line in the plugin page then is misleading and not our fault to think a trial is offered, So when we install the plugin and nothing downloads we think we did something wrong.  So thanks again  for  the clarification.  

"The trial period for this feature will expire in 13.64406318287037 day(s)"

#955 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3945 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:20 AM

Well thanks for the info but I am sorry to say that this line in the plugin page then is misleading and not our fault to think a trial is offered, So when we install the plugin and nothing downloads we think we did something wrong. So thanks again for the clarification.

"The trial period for this feature will expire in 13.64406318287037 day(s)"

but you also acknowledged in your post that the plugin in trial only works for one movie?
  • radeon likes this

#956 chrismallia OFFLINE  

chrismallia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:04 AM

but you also acknowledged in your post that the plugin in trial only works for one movie?

Yes it did after many attempts of reinstalling and running the task for several times,  See my previous posts before my acknowledgment.  I was getting nothing at first, not such a smooth trial. In the same post I acknowledged 1 movie I also asked if I buy the licence will I get the rest and no one answered, dev overlooked my post and answered some other members  post.  

Edited by chrismallia, 22 May 2019 - 06:12 AM.

#957 MindBullet OFFLINE  

MindBullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:57 AM

Hey again. As I said yesterday the plug-ins are (almost) working fine. Like all of them do, except for the TV Theme Videos. I've been wrapping my head around it the past 6 hours, but nothing I tried helped so far. It shows like 20-ish TV (video) themes only and I can't get it to download the rest (I have 500 something TV shows on my Emby Server and I figured this amount would be inaccurate). It also doesn't run the task properly, I assume. When the 20-ish themes are downloaded the task afterwards would only last 1 second, as if it was skipping everything else. 

I tried to delete cache, re-installed the plug-in (of course) and I even re-installed the same server version after uninstalling it and ticking "Delete plug-ins", but nothing helped so far (the plug-ins were all available after the server re-installing to my confusion). I'm lost for solutions. Maybe you have a masterpiece idea @Spaceboy ? Thank you guys for your support so far!

Edited by MindBullet, 22 May 2019 - 06:58 AM.

#958 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3945 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:50 PM

Hey again. As I said yesterday the plug-ins are (almost) working fine. Like all of them do, except for the TV Theme Videos. I've been wrapping my head around it the past 6 hours, but nothing I tried helped so far. It shows like 20-ish TV (video) themes only and I can't get it to download the rest (I have 500 something TV shows on my Emby Server and I figured this amount would be inaccurate). It also doesn't run the task properly, I assume. When the 20-ish themes are downloaded the task afterwards would only last 1 second, as if it was skipping everything else.

I tried to delete cache, re-installed the plug-in (of course) and I even re-installed the same server version after uninstalling it and ticking "Delete plug-ins", but nothing helped so far (the plug-ins were all available after the server re-installing to my confusion). I'm lost for solutions. Maybe you have a masterpiece idea @Spaceboy ? Thank you guys for your support so far!

i think you may have found a problem here. I have a lot of tv themes downloaded but if I run the task it only runs for a second for me too. All other tasks relating to the plugins appear to run for significantly longer. Does the log show anything helpful? I’m away at present otherwise I would check on my server

#959 MindBullet OFFLINE  

MindBullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:14 PM

i think you may have found a problem here. I have a lot of tv themes downloaded but if I run the task it only runs for a second for me too. All other tasks relating to the plugins appear to run for significantly longer. Does the log show anything helpful? I’m away at present otherwise I would check on my server

Thanks for hoppin' in again. It's not only that, but also that some tasks of the 3 other plug-ins now take a ridiculous amount of time (8 hours +) to complete. As I said I reinstalled the server with the same exact version number, but this time deleted all plug-ins from the uninstaller UI on windows - the plug-ins were still present afterwards. I'm truly not an expert, but this seems like there's something sitting inside ... well, sitting inside any folder which prevents the tasks from being ran accurately. As of now I have no idea whether this is due to my downgrade action or, if it's indeed a problem with the current version(s) of the plug-ins related to the 4.1 Emby server.

@Spaceboy can you think of a way to completely clear anything related to the themes plug ins and start (only these) from scratch? I would love to do so if that is possible.

Sidenote: Nope. The logs don't come up with useful information. I was only able to see some errors flying in with "Exception thrown [...] void [...] already exists" OR similar. I can attach a log if that would help you helping me? (lol)

#960 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1164 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:26 PM

jesus! I've come back to a bomb!

@MindBullet, I think you have misunderstood the purpose of the plugins info it was giving you. it only logs those it has downloaded. You wouldn't expect to see it repopulate if the themes already exist from a previous instance. 

• Spaceboy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Movie Themes, Radeon, Themes, Theme Videos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users