Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

Ghostm

One other thing I touched on above is not allowing blu ray backdrops if they have navigation words from the menu burnt into it. I noticed my dark city replacement did not make the cut  and i seen the current one has "Play movie" "scene selection" ect... burnt in and is the official blu ray backdrop but im personally not a fan of theme's that have blu ray navigation words burnt into the theme since they are irrelevant to mb3. The one i sent was from the retail disc but its a screen saver from the official disc and has no words burnt in, i dont know how you guys feel about this topic either? While i love blu ray retail backdrops and mentioned that in my post above in defense of them, i find any official blu ray backdrop with navigation words burnt in should be excluded. 

Im just thinking if radeon does decide on a sync feature we can maybe take a vote and let the majority decide on which type of backdrops are preferred and let the majority decide on what should be allowed and whats not.  Of course radeon will get the final say since its his plugin :)

Edited by Ghostm
  • Like 1

JDizzy

Yeah, I believe it comes down to personal preferences and keeping it all sorted out could be a chore.

Too bad it couldn't be similar to MB server where you could browse images (themes) and choose which one you want.

Or, for the first time, download all that were uploaded for a particular movie, and delete the ones you don't want. (or keep them all and have them randomly play similar to the extrafanart and how it works).

Dunno... too complicated for my little pea.

Ghostm

Yea i dont want to sound to picky or make this to difficult for radeon. I really love his sync idea i just think maybe we could take a vote on which type of backdrops take precedence and which should be excluded based on what the majority here prefers if we are going to be syncing them, and then if people have issues or dont like some they can add their own manually by putting them in the theme folder (or be able to see and choose which one they like as jdizzy mentioned but i dont want to get to greedy with requests as radeon does have a life outside the plugin :) ). I replaced at least one with my own. That way if people have issues radeon can just say this one was included because the community deemed it preferable.

Just an idea. And for bad ones i was thinking maybe he could include a report button next to the filter to flag them or a thumbs up or thumbs down and then he can take a look at them and see if they are poor or not and then remove them.

He would know better then me though  and he has to put this into action and im not sure what would be possible :)

Edited by Ghostm

• 3 weeks later...
DigiTM

Just wondering, I now have a proper bluray backdrop for The Good The Bad and The Ugly, there was already a theme downloaded which was some trailer.  If I copy over this with the proper high quality bluray menu, will it auto submit to the contributors network? Just wondering how to share something that has been fixed/replaced with a better version?

JDizzy

Just wondering, I now have a proper bluray backdrop for The Good The Bad and The Ugly, there was already a theme downloaded which was some trailer.  If I copy over this with the proper high quality bluray menu, will it auto submit to the contributors network? Just wondering how to share something that has been fixed/replaced with a better version?

Was wondering the same thing.....

Could it be possible to add an option to plugin to allow for download of all themes for each movie (or a configurable number), naming them 'theme1', theme2'...etc?

You could have the plugin play all themes in folder and just delete the ones you didn't like.

I believe the plugin alreay keeps track of themes downloaded so, as long as you didn't change that, it would not redownload a deleted theme.

Although, someone downloading themes for the first time might have a lot of sorting to do if they were picky..... argggg

Just a thought....

• 1 month later...
xmathx

I just buy the complete package of the them video , sound for movie and tvshow . Im  wondering how i can contribute to this nice plugin ? I just need to create a short trailer ? 

That sounds like a good start.  Pick a movie that doesn't have a video backdrop on the bluray (Such as Heat or 300) and create one.  Not quite a trailer but same idea.

Not that I know of.  I know the developer Radeon has some cool ideas on how to manage this data however he just welcomed a baby into the world a couple of months ago so he is understandbly focused on that right now.

radeon

Hi I think I may have paid for theTVthemevideos twice instead of paying for the TVThemevideos and the  Moviethemevideos. Anyway the extra payment could be connected to the correct plugin?  Or just keep the extra payment as a contribution.  My email is rme9921@gmail.com.

hey @@rmarcuse, I have just checked and confirmed you have a licence for the TV Theme Videos and the Movie Theme Videos plugins so everything should be working as you wanted. Do you have a problem with one of them not working correctly?

Cheers,

rmarcuse

Hi I think I may have paid for theTVthemevideos twice instead of paying for the TVThemevideos and the  Moviethemevideos. Anyway the extra payment could be connected to the correct plugin?  Or just keep the extra payment as a contribution.  My email is rme9921@gmail.com.

Teddy

Please Radeon, can you confirm ThemeVideos it's worling with last MBS and MBC dev versions?

Tried with Chocolate and Subdued Theme but the theme.mp3 not be played.

With Breeze and ROC themes screen goes black but theme.mp3 hear.

I'm doing something wrong? My configuration from Classic Configurator for Themevideo backdrops is Backdrop Sources = Local trailers, Play count = 1

Cheers

(Using 1.0.0.6 Themevideo version)

Edited by Teddy

radeon

Hey @@Teddy,

Yup all is working fine, I use it on a daily basis in my lounge.

A few things are jumping out at me here:

1) you have Breeze and Roc installed. Just make sure all theme media playback functionality is disabled in those themes (they come with their own - no longer working - theme media support)

and

2) you need to set your config of the free theme Video backdrops plugin to play Theme Backdrops and not Local Trailers.

That should have you working fine. :-)

Cheers,

Teddy

Thanks Radeon, everything works fine for me after set config Backdrop Sources = Theme Backdrops.

Cheers

Ghostm

Just noticed this post, its been awhile since i visited this post. I also think it would be great to be able to upload an improved version of a theme.

For tv for instance i added a proper blu ray backdrop for true detective.

I dont know how this would work though, maybe radeon has some ideas. 

radeon

Honestly, I have loads of ideas, just no time.

I think things are pretty darn good at the minute, just always room for improvement!

Things will come, just not for a while.

• Like 1

Ghostm

Honestly, I have loads of ideas, just no time.

I think things are pretty darn good at the minute, just always room for improvement!

Things will come, just not for a while.

I would even say near perfect, the only thing needed imo yet is a way to upload good ones and get rid of the bad ones. After that I probably wont even check this thread anymore, it will be a finished plugin for me.

Edited by Ghostm

radeon

I would even say near perfect, the only thing needed imo yet is a way to upload good ones and get rid of the bad ones. After that I probably wont even check this thread anymore, it will be a finished plugin for me.

I've been thinking about this actually and im wondering if there is a different route to go down for those willing to be involved, like yourself. :-/

What im thinking is a facility for (for want of a better word)  "moderators" who override the online filters. i.e. if you set a special option only accessible to those who know, which when set, disables the online check to see if the theme already exists. In turn, your versions would become master versions and would always override other peoples uploads and overwrite them.

What do people think? @@Ghostm @@DigiTM @@foghat @@psykix @@shepP

Edited by radeon
  • Like 4

Ghostm

I would approve :)

Digitm and foghat would also be very good moderators. Digi i know has uploaded some great backdrops.

The only other thing i could think of would be a way to possibly flag bad ones? I dont know if you would want to give us the power to remove them or you would like to do that. Some movies simply dont have good backdrops available. 

With your lack of time at the moment i think whatever solution works easiest/simplest for you would be best, and maybe we could get a few more users involved as well if we go down this road and have a good robust user base doing quality control. 

Edited by Ghostm
  • Like 1

DigiTM

I would rather have no backdrop than a bad one.  Still adding via contributors network, but have found a few bad ones already downloaded.  I copied over the bad ones with the proper one, but I wasn't certain if the new replacement gets uploaded.  Sounds like this doesn't happen :(
The moderation thing sounds okay, I cannot think of any other way unfortunately.
I will continue adding proper backdrops to every movie I collect, mainly because I have a bad habit of keeping all my media super neat, tidy and looking fantastic.  I enjoy friends coming over and going "Whoa" :)

Some titles still don't have proper menu backdrops though.

Edited by DigiTM

buddyweiser

I would really like to see something similar to how the server changes images. If you don't like the current backdrop, click it and a list of other one's display. You could then view them prior to downloading. Could also possibly have language tags, and each could be automatically rated according to how many times it had been force-downloaded? I read someone got a french backdrop or something is why I would recommend the language tags :) If this were possible it would be awesome!

• Like 1

Ghostm

Not to speak for radeon but i think the issue with that suggestion might be due to him hosting these himself. I think he keeps the best possible version and does not store a bunch of different variations, he does all the work and hosts these videos himself as you can imagine storing many multiple versions can fill up space in a hurry.

Again i would have to let radeon clarify. 

Edited by Ghostm
  • Like 1