Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

• 2 weeks later...
magrindell

Okay,

I have purchased your 4-pack with bated breath. I waited until Emby server updated and downloaded the themes. I made sure the options to use themed video and music was checked for use. then I went and looked through my media...nothing. Am I missing something? what do I have to do to best utilize your amazing plugins and make my media sparkle with the themes. THank you for and info.

P.S. if you could point me in the direction of some tutorials or such that would be great.

Thank you for your hard work and your time.

Edited by magrindell

Spaceboy

Okay,

I have purchased your 4-pack with bated breath. I waited until Emby server updated and downloaded the themes. I made sure the options to use themed video and music was checked for use. then I went and looked through my media...nothing. Am I missing something? what do I have to do to best utilize your amazing plugins and make my media sparkle with the themes. THank you for and info.

P.S. if you could point me in the direction of some tutorials or such that would be great.

Thank you for your hard work and your time.

have you run the scheduled tasks?

Spaceboy

Yup.

someone else mentioned similar recently and after a couple of days it just started working. I’m sure Radeon will be along shortly

carbonbaseunit

Hi.  I am running Emby 4.4.0.12 and your latest video and audio theme plugin.  On the android app it has a setting to allow the video themes to run in the background, but the app actually plays the theme.mp4 video as a normal video when I open a movie or tv show.

• 3 weeks later...
radeon

Hi. I am running Emby 4.4.0.12 and your latest video and audio theme plugin. On the android app it has a setting to allow the video themes to run in the background, but the app actually plays the theme.mp4 video as a normal video when I open a movie or tv show.

This will be one to take up with the app Dev as these plugins simply download theme videos. They don't enable or deliver any functionality that controls the playback

Edited by radeon

radeon

I don't understand what this plugin does. is there a video walk-through of features

They simply download theme media for your collection to be utilised by the theme playback functionality of the emby clients and server when browsing your media collection. Not really much that can be walked through. :)

thekingswolf

i guess i don't understand what the "theme playback functionality" is.  i've never seen anything like that in the server.  what is theme media and where is it used?

Dodgy Bob

i guess i don't understand what the "theme playback functionality" is.  i've never seen anything like that in the server.  what is theme media and where is it used?

Hi @@thekingswolf,

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but there is this wiki page: https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159179-theme-songs-videos

Basically, the "TV Theme Videos" and "Movie Theme Videos" plugins download movie files that will play as the background of said TV Show or Movie when you are looking at same TV Show or Movie - if that makes sense!?

It's like Windows DreamScene for Windows Vista Ultimate; Microsoft introduced a way of instead of having a hi-res picture or just a plain solid colour as your desktop background, you could have a movie playing as the background instead!

These plugins, "TV Theme Videos" and "Movie Theme Videos", download the files for your chosen Emby Client to playback for this purpose.

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

so i guess these plugins are not supported 

and they dont work for me i have 3 different servers 2 home server and 1 remote one is running synology server one is unraid and the remote one i install ubuntu server

all 3 systems will not work with these plugins

i even paid for 1 the youtube plugin as you could not test it

and sent a message to support but no reply over a week ago now its only a few quid by i think im starting a paypal dispute for the princeable of it

Hi, where did you send the message?

radeon

so i guess these plugins are not supported

and they dont work for me i have 3 different servers 2 home server and 1 remote one is running synology server one is unraid and the remote one i install ubuntu server

all 3 systems will not work with these plugins

i even paid for 1 the youtube plugin as you could not test it

and sent a message to support but no reply over a week ago now its only a few quid by i think im starting a paypal dispute for the princeable of it

So that's completely unreasonable

I haven't received a single message from you that I can't see. The plugins are completely supported.

You haven't provided any info or logs and are threatening PayPal disputes. Do you're worst and enjoy your spoils.

The whole world is in the middle of a crisis and I'm central to it as part of my businesses and yet your plugin purchases are clearly more important?! I'm genuinely lost by people's priorities at the minute!

If you actually want to supply logs through the normal support channels then I'll be happy to help

• Like 1

Hi, thank you for this plugin. Is there a way to change the location folder of the files downloaded and used for your different plugins ?

radeon

I haven't received a single email from any one that has chased for support and I'm actively replying, often within seconds of receiving the email. You haven't followed the steps to supply logs to help debug the issues. Your tone isn't one I will deal with so change it or open a dispute.

Further more, your original post on the 9th is massively edited with addition detail which I don't get notified of.

As I said, as part of my business I have been central to the fallout of the covid situation so dealing with your support issue hasn't been at the top of my priority list.

Edited by radeon

radeon

Hi, thank you for this plugin. Is there a way to change the location folder of the files downloaded and used for your different plugins ?

Heya, the files need to be placed in the places they are to be detected by the emby server so unfortunately cannot be relocated. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
adminExitium

A general request for all the theme plugins: Is it possible to add support for the same movie/tv title in different folders across multiple libraries, so basically match both the title and the library?

Currently, the first library scanned in containing the title gets the theme video/music and the title then gets added to the list so it doesn't get downloaded again. Any other libraries with the same title in a different folder don't get the theme video/music since its already present in the list.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Michael1782

Anyone help, everything works as it should except the movie theme video and movie theme music, its downloading the html file instead of mp4 and mp3. Can click the html file and then manually download but its not downloading them automatically. Any suggestions?