Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

DigiTM

Radeon, sent you the proper bluray menu for The Hobbit Desolation Of Smaug. How are the wrong videos being done? Just curious.

Edited by DigiTM
  • Like 1

shaefurr

Another question on this, is it possible to have dates on the downloaded themes so its easier to see which new ones are being added on a refresh?

Also im getting a few errors in the log with unrecognizable format after downloading a theme (.wmv and .flv) Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 for example. So it keeps downloading them on every refresh and throwing the error, if these types arnt supported shouldnt they not be uploaded?

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

foghat

Another question on this, is it possible to have dates on the downloaded themes so its easier to see which new ones are being added on a refresh?

A huge +1 on this. Also need the ability to sort by this date.

• Like 1

geno27

What I have been doing is going to the top directory containing my media folders such as movies, tv shows, etc and doing a search for either "backdrops" or "theme", depending on whether I want to view the video themes or the audio themes. If you have extensions visible when searching "theme", you can differentiate between mp4s and mp3s easily.

I then sort by "date modified" and the newest batch of themes comes to the top. I found this to be an easy way to double check what's being downloaded on each refresh, since every once in awhile you'll get a result such as "keeping up with the kardashians" as the theme for "anchorman 2"...lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

DigiTM

Regarding Anchorman 2, I will upload it to Radeon, it's large at 599Mb and really weird ass. :wacko:   I cannot believe how many people must have a dirty media database...ewwww...lol.

Radeon - are these incorrect ones because I ticked the Contributors network?

Edited by DigiTM
  • Like 1

radeon

That would be a good idea.

Along those lines, I was also wondering about what would be the best way for users to improve upon the themes that are already present. For instance, say a movie is currently using a trailer as the theme and a user wants to upload the blu ray menu theme once it becomes available. What's the best way for them to let you know that what they are uploading is an improvement? Is there a way to somehow make a comment on the video being uploaded?

Maybe this is what you're thinking as far as voting goes....

In all honesty, i dont want any trailers in there at all so if you find them, report them here for me please. I'm planning to work in a feature to enable reporting on the fly but time is pretty tight at the minute. I do intend to bring it tho.

Radeon, sent you the proper bluray menu for The Hobbit Desolation Of Smaug. How are the wrong videos being done? Just curious.

Thanks mate! The wrong ones are added by people who have either got the wrong metadata for the movie or they just dont care and have put any random video into their collection for that film which has been detected and uploaded, then distributed to everyone else. :-/

Also im getting a few errors in the log with unrecognizable format after downloading a theme (.wmv and .flv) Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 for example. So it keeps downloading them on every refresh and throwing the error, if these types arnt supported shouldnt they not be uploaded?

I wish I had you around a few months ago! That how it was originally and it was requested to be alphabetical and since no one seemed to object, it was added. I'm planning on a few features around this area. It might not be for a little while but your point is heard. :-D

As for the unrecognizable format. I kinda figured this would happen but i wanted the themes anyway as I planned to convert them. I converted all of the ones for movies today, as well as making the large ones available too so there will be yet more themes available tonight.

I am going to make a change here though, so anything other than mkv or mp4 is uploaded but not made available so It doesnt cause this issue. Probably in the next release i think.

A huge +1 on this. Also need the ability to sort by this date.

Alright, Alright! ;-) Something will happed! ;-)

What I have been doing is going to the top directory containing my media folders such as movies, tv shows, etc and doing a search for either "backdrops" or "theme", depending on whether I want to view the video themes or the audio themes. If you have extensions visible when searching "theme", you can differentiate between mp4s and mp3s easily.

I then sort by "date modified" and the newest batch of themes comes to the top. I found this to be an easy way to double check what's being downloaded on each refresh, since every once in awhile you'll get a result such as "keeping up with the kardashians" as the theme for "anchorman 2"...lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

love it! haha, I have introduced a change here to help combat the spread of dodgy themes! The thing i overlooked was this.

User A uploads a random theme to the server

Users B to D all download it before it gets reported.

User E reports it and I delete it,

Whichever user from B to D who runs the upload task again sees its missing then re uploads the dodgy theme again! :-/

I now check against the downloaded filter before uploading to see if they got the theme they have from the server, if they do, it wont be uploaded again as it was deleted from the server for a reason! :-D

That said, im still working my head around a few ideas. I was wondering about almost a "sync" feature, so if a theme is removed from the server, it is also removed from your machine, Im just thinking, the only reason a theme is ever deleted from the server is if its wrong or dodgy.

Thought's welcome! :-D

Regarding Anchorman 2, I will upload it to Radeon, it's large at 599Mb and really weird ass. :wacko:   I cannot believe how many people must have a dirty media database...ewwww...lol.

Radeon - are these incorrect ones because I ticked the Contributors network?

lol! Yeah, there could be a few nasty ones distributed by the CN. The CN is heavily dependant on the users metadata being correct. If it isnt, magical things can happen! As above, I am looking to bring a good reporting feature but time is fairly limited at the minute.

On another note, I have just released a new version which I'm really not happy about. This change means the Contribution Network is disabled on delivery. I didnt realise people would have such issues with the concept as they do. It's somewhat beyond me and I really cant get my head around why people wouldn't want it and voice such concerns to that effect but you cant please everyone, right?!

With that in mind, if you want in on the CN, just make sure you still have the tick box ticked under the plugins config after the update.

Cheers!

• Like 2

geno27

found trailer themes for:

The A-Team (2010) 34544

Creepshow (1982) 16281

Creepshow 2 (1987) 16288

Drive Angry (2011) 47327

The Shining (1980) 694

The Terminator (1984) 218

Sherlock Homes Game of Shadows (2011) 58574

incorrect theme

Batman (1989) 268 - theme shown is The Hunt (2012) 103663 

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Well...... I want the CN to be automatically on!!

HA

• Like 1

shaefurr

Off the top of my head a few of the harry potter movie themes are trailers, ill run through the ones i have downloaded later tonight and post back.

• Like 1

radeon

I checked my upload list after upgrading to the latest version and it's blank.  I made a theme.mp4 for Barb Wire (1996) which should have been uploaded but I can't find it on my upload list.

Also Tron (1982) is downloading Tron Legacy (2010).

Thanks for an amazing plugin.  Movie Theme Video Backdrops is incredible!

Hey @@shepP

Are you sure you have the correct metadata for Tron (1982) as I cant find the theme listed on the server. Can you give me the TMDBID you have down for your Tron (1982) please? :-D

radeon

OK, so the following will be removed in a couple of days. I want to wait for the new version to roll out before I delete as it will stop the dodgy ones from being re-uploaded to the server

59859    - Kick Ass 2
764 -    Evil Dead    
278 -    The Shawshank Redemption
34584 - The Neverending Story
102362 - Dead Man Down
138222 - Best Man Down
672 - Harry Potter And The Chamber of Secrets
674 - Harry Potter And The Goblet of Fire
675 - Harry Potter And The Order of the Phoenix
671 - Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone
673 - Harry Potter And The Prisoner of Azkaban

Thanks @@shaefurr ^^^ As above, I checked the Harry Potter out since you mentioned.

Replaced thanks to @@DigiTM
57158    - The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug
109443 - Anchorman 2

@@DigiTM @@foghat

Any chance you have any of the above that are due to be removed so I can replace them with good ones?

Cheers! :-D

shaefurr

Ran into a problem, I wanted to redownload the new hobbit desolation theme, so I removed the backdrop folder from my movie foler and the entry from the downloads section in the plugin, but once I ran it again it didnt find any new themes and the hobbit entry was back in the downloads section. Only way I got it to work was removing the entry from the moviethemevideos.xml and running it again.

radeon

Ran into a problem, I wanted to redownload the new hobbit desolation theme, so I removed the backdrop folder from my movie foler and the entry from the downloads section in the plugin, but once I ran it again it didnt find any new themes and the hobbit entry was back in the downloads section. Only way I got it to work was removing the entry from the moviethemevideos.xml and running it again.

Ah, now did you make sure you clicked save at the bottom after you removed the theme from the download filter list?

radeon

Meta data looks right. TMDBID:97 in the meta data and confirmed it's 97 on the website. 

@@shepP OK! Found it! Was being blind! Give it a go now! :-D

shaefurr

Ah, now did you make sure you clicked save at the bottom after you removed the theme from the download filter list?

lol, nope

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

foghat

OK, so the following will be removed in a couple of days. I want to wait for the new version to roll out before I delete as it will stop the dodgy ones from being re-uploaded to the server

59859    - Kick Ass 2

764 -    Evil Dead    

278 -    The Shawshank Redemption

34584 - The Neverending Story

102362 - Dead Man Down

138222 - Best Man Down

672 - Harry Potter And The Chamber of Secrets

674 - Harry Potter And The Goblet of Fire

675 - Harry Potter And The Order of the Phoenix

671 - Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone

673 - Harry Potter And The Prisoner of Azkaban

Thanks @@shaefurr ^^^ As above, I checked the Harry Potter out since you mentioned.

Replaced thanks to @@DigiTM

57158    - The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug

109443 - Anchorman 2

@@DigiTM @@foghat

Any chance you have any of the above that are due to be removed so I can replace them with good ones?

Cheers! :-D

I don't have any of those.  You may want to reconsider removing the harry potter ones, unless you are completely opposed to trailers.  They are Warner Bros.  I can't figure out how to get the intros for Warner Bros.  Neither can DigiTM unless something has change over the past couple of weeks.

DigiTM

I don't have any of those.  You may want to reconsider removing the harry potter ones, unless you are completely opposed to trailers.  They are Warner Bros.  I can't figure out how to get the intros for Warner Bros.  Neither can DigiTM unless something has change over the past couple of weeks.

Unfortunately nope, cannot seem to do Warner Bros titles.  Have Kick-Ass 2 and will have a look tonight.

• Like 1

@@shepP OK! Found it! Was being blind! Give it a go now! :-D

Awesome, you got it! 

Btw am I a part of the CN?  None of my uploads are shown in the plugin. Also if anyone wants to post or pm me the best way to quickly find menu themes on most blurays I would be happy to contribute more.

Pelon

Hi Radeon,

I do see some entries that are incorrect, can I suggest to have another option that can flag an item that was downloaded and records some kind of checksum, then it will stop any further downloads, but only if the file in the CN matches the checksum. This way we can flag incorrect themes and only if the file changes, we get a new download.This flag can also be used in the CN to delete the file and if someone tries to re upload it, we can use the same kind of checksum at the server to stop the upload again.

The new icon to flag a download would flag the incorrect theme, record the checksum, then delete the them. This will keep the media clean in case another correct version is available.

Also another scenario is that a"new" theme is available, but it has the wrong file attached. Since it might be an older movie in the database, we might not notice that we have the wrong data until later, so we can get a screen similar to the auto organize, where if a file in the CN has a different checksum than the file in our server, we would get a screen that will allow to either keep the current file (it could have been manually added) or replace it with the one in the CN.

Gronnie

So do I need to delete all the themes for movies that are listed in this thread as "bad" or is that done automatically and updated with any new, corrected theme?

geno27

some incorrect themes - 

the "newer" The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug (2013) id 57158 - looks to be correct theme but sound cuts out after 30 secs, goes to black after 1 min and plays for 4 more mins. Not sure if this was an error with uploading or just the video itself

Sherlock Holmes (2009) 10528 - theme is partial credits sequence

• Like 1

DigiTM

Nice one, keep em coming and sorry for the delays in replying. I'm just mad busy with my work and its not giving me much time to play!

I just checked the original source from @@DigiTM and its the same with bit missing. Any thoughts DigiTM?

Just redid it and it's the same.  Sorry, I only played the start to verify it was the menu. Look into it tonight regarding editing.

radeon

some incorrect themes - 

the "newer" The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug (2013) id 57158 - looks to be correct theme but sound cuts out after 30 secs, goes to black after 1 min and plays for 4 more mins. Not sure if this was an error with uploading or just the video itself

Sherlock Holmes (2009) 10528 - theme is partial credits sequence

Nice one, keep em coming and sorry for the delays in replying. I'm just mad busy with my work and its not giving me much time to play!

I just checked the original source from @@DigiTM and its the same with bit missing. Any thoughts DigiTM?

radeon

Awesome, you got it! 

Btw am I a part of the CN?  None of my uploads are shown in the plugin. Also if anyone wants to post or pm me the best way to quickly find menu themes on most blurays I would be happy to contribute more.

:-D

As for the uploads, can you chuck me a fresh full debug log via PM. Just restart mbs, wait for it to initialise and the initial library scan to finish etc, then run the upload task, wait for it to finish and give me that log.I should be able to determine whats going on from that.