Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

foghat

Is there any way to identify the most recently downloaded themes?  Maybe a date added can be added to the plugin.  And/or allow for sorting by the date added.

radeon

Is there any way to identify the most recently downloaded themes?  Maybe a date added can be added to the plugin.  And/or allow for sorting by the date added.

Hey @@foghat,

The filter list actually used to be sorted so the most recent was at the bottom but i was asked to change it to Alphabetical by a few users so that's now how it is.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to see? I just see it like any other metadata. i.e. it will be there for those that have it but I don't feel I want to know which as ill see it as I browse.

foghat

@@radeon thanks for confirming it used to be sorted by date added, I thought I was losing my mind.

You are adding new intros on a regular basis and I like to check every now and then to see if any more of my movies have had an intro created for them.

Now that it is sorted alphabetically, there is no easy way to do this.  Before, I would make a note of the last movie on the list and go from there.  There are probably ways other than date added to accomplish this - maybe add some sort of 'new' flag to each movie as it is added?  One that has to be manually cleared. Though, imo, being able to sort by date added (and displaying the date) would be the cleanest.

radeon

There are endless ways i could achieve it, its just not very high on the priority list for me. Whilst it might be a nice to have, its just that. Whereas putting time into gathering more and more themes is a much bigger priority for me and the whole community.

That said, you feedback is heard and appreciated and the next time I'm working in that area, ill look to sort something out. :-D

• Like 1

skywalka

I've spent hours trying to change something.

I have the files:

• trailers/trailer.mp4
  • backdrops/theme.mp4

I'd like the backdrop to play when I select a movie.

I only want the trailer to play if I select the "Play Trailer" button.

I can't find the settings to make this happen.

I'm using the chocolate theme.

Can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Scott84Z28

I've spent hours trying to change something.

I have the files:

• trailers/trailer.mp4
  • backdrops/theme.mp4

I'd like the backdrop to play when I select a movie.

I only want the trailer to play if I select the "Play Trailer" button.

I can't find the settings to make this happen.

I'm using the chocolate theme.

Can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

If I remember right, in the MBC configurator, if you go to Plugins and configure the Video Plugin, you can tell it what to play.  Ex: Just Backdrops, Just Trailers, Backdrops and Trailers, etc...

• Like 2

skywalka

If I remember right, in the MBC configurator, if you go to Plugins and configure the Video Plugin, you can tell it what to play.  Ex: Just Backdrops, Just Trailers, Backdrops and Trailers, etc...

That's what I was looking for.

Thanx Scotty.

Redshirt

Programmer speak. Don't let a section of code fail without handling it.

• Like 2

radeon

OK, So a new and pretty powerful feature coming in the next update to be released tonight!!

A few users have mentioned to me about contributing to the theme video cause since its release last year. Realising this is a complicated and long winded process, I have been thinking about various ways to get this done as easily as possible.

In comes the 'Theme Contributors Network'

What is the contributors network?
By becoming involved in the contributors network, the theme videos you have manually added to your media will automatically be uploaded and added to a new 'contributors database'.

Only those who are part of the contributors network will get access to the theme videos other users have also automatically uploaded too

If you do not want to be part of the contributors network, that's OK, just simply go into the themes configuration page after the update and untick the box theme contributions box and click Save below.

What do you have to do?

Nothing more than what you already are. With a view to everyone getting access to the most amount of themes available, the option is already enabled so if you are already adding the odd one or two themes here and there to your collections, just by leaving the tick box ticked and the letting the scheduled task to run, you will get access to all other users automatic contributions and your own contributions will be automatically loaded.

Anything else you might want to know?

Size Limits

As this is such a new idea, I'm a little unsure as to the bandwidth and space required, so for the initial release, any theme videos above the size of 100mb will be rejected. As i say, this is just during the initial release period. I hope and plan to open this up to larger files.

Resolution Limits

With a view to keeping the theme video quality as high as possible, any theme videos below 720 will also be rejected. I would really like to set this to 1080 but i think thats being a little over the top!

Only Movie Themes?

Again, because this is such a new idea, I'm a little unsure as to the amount of bandwidth and space required. I do plan to bring this functionality to TV Themes in the near future.

Issues

Whilst I hope I have covered everything off, there may be some issues with the uploads that I haven't been able create, spot or have occurred, every setup is bound to be slightly different, from upload speeds to theme video formats. So please bare with me and post/pm/email me any issues you might come across.

Cheers, Radeon

Edited by radeon
  • Like 8

DigiTM

Do I stop doing what I'm doing then with sending them to you?  My MKV backdrops are larger from Bluray and I don't have the tools to convert :(

• Like 1

foghat

Do I stop doing what I'm doing then with sending them to you?  My MKV backdrops are larger from Bluray and I don't have the tools to convert :(

Why not just run them through Handbrake?

radeon

Please dont mate! If you're ok with it, can you keep sending to me directly? I'll handle the conversion from then on. :-D

I'm looking at a way to automate that for you too so stick with me, I'm sure ill come up with something! :-D

• Like 1

radeon

OK, so some refinements have been made to the 'Theme Contributors Network'.

Firstly, I have added in a Filter option to stop any given mbs instance from uploading the theme again if deleted from the central host.

Unfortunately some users metadata isn't quite up to scratch so the TMDBid reported doesnt actually match the theme video.

A good example would be the Movie "The Road". Someone has the tmdbid set to "Guns N' Roses: The Road To Democracy Unauthorized (2009)" so those others of you that might actually have "Guns N' Roses: The Road To Democracy Unauthorized (2009)" would get a random theme video for "The Road". Not very nice!

So, with the newly added filter, once a person uploads, the filter will be added to stop them uploading again, that way, i can delete the theme off the host if its wrong and leave it open for anyone else to automatically upload

The Update also stops themes from uploading if the TMDBID isnt set. I honestly assumed it would be for all themes but apparently its not. It wont cause any problems for you guys, it just ate a little more of my bandwidth than it should have.

I am pleased to say that since the release, over 200 extra themes have been added to the database. In around 12 hours, I think that's pretty darn good!

EDIT: Oh, and I also increased the file size limit to 150mb.

Cheers everyone!

Edited by radeon
  • Like 3

DigiTM

Please dont mate! If you're ok with it, can you keep sending to me directly? I'll handle the conversion from then on. :-D

I'm looking at a way to automate that for you too so stick with me, I'm sure ill come up with something! :-D

Cool.  Very happy to continue sending them to you instead.  It's just so much simpler to put them in that folder and let the transfer go.

• Like 1

Pelon

Is there a way to know if I actually uploaded a file to the contributors network? i know I have themes, that are not on the downloaded list, and my upload filter is empty. So either it is not working or it is not reporting it.

Also is there a way to know if a theme video came from the network or from the main source?

When I go to the plug in configuration and go into the movie theme video configuration, I get a "Sequence contains no matching element", then especially using Chrome, the screen is broken and I can't see the list of downloaded themes, I have to use IE for this to work. In chrome, when it loads, all tabs show on the same screen.

radeon

Hey @@Pelon

Any theme that is successfully uploaded to the database will be logged in the Uploaded Theme Filters.  If it fails for one reason or another, you should be able to see the reason within the logs.

As for knowing the source of the themes, there isnt a way to tell and its that way deliberately. The source doesnt matter, just that you get the theme. :-D

As for the config page, try hitting Ctrl+F5 on your keyboard whilst in the page. It may be that you have an old version of the page cached in your browser as its working fine here for me on IE FF and Chrome. 

Let me know how you get on, Cheers,

• Like 1

Pelon

Ctrl+F5 seems to have done the trick. Maybe the new version of the server had some changes that required this kind of refresh.

I would love to share the few themes that I have added, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I just enabled debug logging, so let me know what log do I need to look into, so that I can fix this. Now if I'm ripping a BD, I almost always try to find the menu backscreen, this would make it so much easier for me to share.

• Like 1

radeon

Ctrl+F5 seems to have done the trick. Maybe the new version of the server had some changes that required this kind of refresh.

I would love to share the few themes that I have added, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I just enabled debug logging, so let me know what log do I need to look into, so that I can fix this. Now if I'm ripping a BD, I almost always try to find the menu backscreen, this would make it so much easier for me to share.

Cool, As for it not uploading, just restart mbs to create a fresh log, wait for it to finish all the usual scans, run my Movie Theme Upload task then once it finishes, pm me a link to the log and ill take a look.

Cheers,