Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

Same here but no errors when installing.

Have not seen 1 video with Movie Theme or TV Theme.

Would love to see this in action!

How about:

Alice in Wonderland

Apocalypse Now

Argo

I am on Windows 8 machine

MBT

All movies on USB attached externals

All movies mp4 and mkv

Directory structure:

Parent

/Movie Name

/Movie Name.ext

Alice in Wonder Land the tim burton one? I'm pretty sure that is there, it was downloaded on my library.

I cant login and check at the minute but Alice and Wonderland and Avatar are 100% there, Have you ran the scheduled task to get them downloading? :-)

Yes, I believe so.

I have it set to run when the application is started and again at 2AM.

I just started the server and it says, "Last ran 1 minute ago taking 2 seconds".

It's as if it does not see my media...

Is there another way to start it manually?

Edited by JDizzy

radeon

Yes, I believe so.

I have it set to run when the application is started and again at 2AM.

I just started the server and it says, "Last ran 1 minute ago taking 2 seconds".

It's as if it does not see my media...

Is there another way to start it manually?

can you send me your debug log from the server please JDizzy?

radeon

The Karate Kid  (2010) is download the backdrop for The Karate Kid (1984)

Good spot! Fixed, it will download for 1984 now. Sorry about that. I dont have a theme for the 2010 version yet. Working on it.

radeon

Here are debug after restarting server this AM

Ah, your log is saying you're not a MB supporter, do you have your mb3 supporter key installed?

Ah, your log is saying you're not a MB supporter, do you have your mb3 supporter key installed?

Ah....no.....

Thought this would download for movies beginning with letter 'A' as a trial?

Is there something more that needs to be done?

[EDIT] - Just made a donation to MB and waiting for a key.

Just installed key, restarted server and it is showing Movie Themes plugin as failed....

Log attached:

server-63520969668.log

Edited by JDizzy

Have you got debugging enabled under your advanced options JDizzy.

Your logs are full of errors for several different things including the standard library scans.

Yeah, I saw that.... where do you start?

radeon

Yeah, I saw that.... where do you start?

Sorry, is that, you do have debug logging enabled or you want to know how to turn it on? If its how to, its under Advance>Debug Logging tick box. Then just restart the server, wait a few seconds then run the scheduled task.

Sorry, is that, you do have debug logging enabled or you want to know how to turn it on? If its how to, its under Advance>Debug Logging tick box. Then just restart the server, wait a few seconds then run the scheduled task.

I usually leave it off but turned it on when you asked for a debug log.

Once it was on I noticed all the errors that were happening.

What I might do is uninstall everything, delete the folders, and start over but only adding a few folders at a time rather than the whole thing.

Then run your plugin and see if anything changes.

SilentAssassin

Is there a list of Video Backdrops covered by this plugin? I downloaded my own video backdrop to see if I like the effect and thought it was ok so I am thinking of buying it, but I would like to know how many of my movies will be covered to see if it is worth it. What is the new addition rate like, are you constantly adding new movies as they are released. What quality is the downloaded video, do they have audio wasn't such a fan of the audio on the video backdrop? 

Edited by SilentAssassin

radeon

Is there a list of Video Backdrops covered by this plugin? I downloaded my own video backdrop to see if I like the effect and thought it was ok so I am thinking of buying it, but I would like to know how many of my movies will be covered to see if it is worth it. What is the new addition rate like, are you constantly adding new movies as they are released. What quality is the downloaded video, do they have audio wasn't such a fan of the audio on the video backdrop? 

Hi SilentAssassin,

There isnt a list due to potential copyright issues. There are just over 900 movies added at the moment with the list growing each day, the lowest quality is 720 and most/all have audio. Addition rates are somewhat dependent on user submissions but I am adding masses weekly from my own sources.

I am also getting this error:

index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length

When I run plugin it just says 'failed' now

radeon

I am also getting this error:

index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length

When I run plugin it just says 'failed' now

Have you got debugging enabled under your advanced options JDizzy.

Your logs are full of errors for several different things including the standard library scans.

SilentAssassin

Hi SilentAssassin,

There isnt a list due to potential copyright issues. There are just over 900 movies added at the moment with the list growing each day, the lowest quality is 720 and most/all have audio. Addition rates are somewhat dependent on user submissions but I am adding masses weekly from my own sources.

Thanks for the info. May just have to go ahead and purchase. If you purchase this plugin do you also need to be a MB3 supporter?

radeon

Thanks for the info. May just have to go ahead and purchase. If you purchase this plugin do you also need to be a MB3 supporter?

Yup, with all premium plugins, you're required to be a supported first.

Hey, sorry for the delay, i wasn't notified of your post for some reason? Can you PM me a list of your movies beginning with A and also more details of this error you mentioned? Errors are no good are they! Ill get them sorted if i know what they are.

Cheers,

I didn't realize that the feature was locked if you haven't entered your main MB supporter key yet. I entered mine and now the plug-in is triggered and downloading the video themes. Can't wait to see it in action!

It looks great! Love this feature and have registered it already.

One suggestion/request is that the volume level be the same for all videos, and quieter. The video for Avatar is especially loud compared to the typical volume that a movie would play at.

CBers

It looks great! Love this feature and have registered it already.

One suggestion/request is that the volume level be the same for all videos, and quieter. The video for Avatar is especially loud compared to the typical volume that a movie would play at.

@@Tikuf did post a command line that you can run against each video if you want to try that.

See here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1064-theme-songs-videos-gain-volume/?p=29229

Edited by CBers

radeon

Version 1.0.2.0 of the Movie and TV Theme Video Downloaders released, make sure you update it now!

Some important API changes meaning the old version will soon no longer work.

If you want to get involved in the project, drop me a pm

What I might do is uninstall everything, delete the folders, and start over but only adding a few folders at a time rather than the whole thing.

Then run your plugin and see if anything changes.

I uninstalled/reistalled Mediabrowser, added in all my media, and fixed the files that were causing errors in my log.

Since then I have registered MB3 and also Movie Theme plugin.

Everything is working and the Movie Themes are awesome!

Edited by JDizzy

radeon

I uninstalled/reistalled Mediabrowser, added in all my media, and fixed the files that were causing errors in my log.

Since then I have registered MB3 and also Movie Theme plugin.

Everything is working and the Movie Themes are awesome!

If one wanted to create a theme is there a template or something you work off of?

Thanks for youur efforts.

Excellent!! Really glad you got it up and running! :-D The movie themes really make the experience something else dont they! :-D

I was trying out an external video player and ran into a problem while using the Video Themes:

When I came to a movie with a Theme, it would load the Theme into my external player

(and not have any of the GUI overlay).

I would have to go back to the previous screen and then I could Play the movie.

Would it be possible to have your plugin only play the Video Themes with the internal player?

Then, once the user chose to Play the video, it would load in the external player?

(just an idea)

Edited by JDizzy

Cheesegeezer

@@JDizzy, what frontend client are you using? MBC, MBT, Win8 app?

The Movie theme videos plugin only downloads the themes and stores them in your movie/tv show folder, it has nothing to do with how the theme video is played. That my friend is governed by the frontend client.  

The problem is with your request is, most theme videos are downloaded in mp4 format and if you have movies in mp4 format, you are basically telling the external player that you want the external player to handle mp4's when you select/add that option.  So the external player doesn't give any thought to the context of what the media is, it just looks at the extension and says..... ooooo that's me, i'm up and launches external play for that extension.

• Like 1