Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

radeon

I would really like to see something similar to how the server changes images. If you don't like the current backdrop, click it and a list of other one's display. You could then view them prior to downloading. Could also possibly have language tags, and each could be automatically rated according to how many times it had been force-downloaded? I read someone got a french backdrop or something is why I would recommend the language tags :) If this were possible it would be awesome!

Yeah, unfortunately I can't see this one ever happening without a significant increase in bandwidth and space. The amount used each month is just ridiculous as it currently is, adding multiple options would just kill it even more.

I have also moved away from my own hosted custom api as its traffic was just going mad.

I think if we can get into a position where we have "moderators" who are able to override the existing themes then we should be in good stead.

@@Ghostm had it down perfectly! :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Erik

Hi radeon, just came across a problem trying to remove a single movies from the downloaded filters list. If I click on the - sign, it asks for confirmation, I say yes and then nothing happens. However, the delete all works ok. Tried with the upload section as well and same issue.

MB3 server: Version 3.0.5326.13255

Movie Theme plugin: Version 1.1.1.0

thanks,

erik

Ghostm

Hi radeon, just came across a problem trying to remove a single movies from the downloaded filters list. If I click on the - sign, it asks for confirmation, I say yes and then nothing happens. However, the delete all works ok. Tried with the upload section as well and same issue.

MB3 server: Version 3.0.5326.13255

Movie Theme plugin: Version 1.1.1.0

thanks,

erik

Are you hitting save way at the end of the list after you remove them?

Edited by Ghostm

Erik

Thanks, but the row with the movie name still remains after using the - button, so saving it doesn't have any effect as it's saving the same list I started with.

buddyweiser

Just checked as well, that's right. So I guess we have to check every one that gets downloaded through the plugin :(

I have the proper bluray one I am just extracting, converting, and uploading now.

My plan is to go through and check that all of my themes are right, then to delete all download filters. That way I can see new movies that get downloaded when they get added to the filters list and check those as well.

Sent using my Optimus L90

DigiTM

@@DigiTM

I have just deleted the mp4 off the server, if you make sure its not in your upload and download filter lists now, it should upload the new version.

Thanks.  All fixed, it's uploading now.  So if I encounter any that were downloaded that are bad, and I have the proper one, should I notify you by PM so you can remove off the server prior to me trying to upload?

• Like 1

buddyweiser

Thanks, but the row with the movie name still remains after using the - button, so saving it doesn't have any effect as it's saving the same list I started with.

Have you tried refreshing the window in the browser?

buddyweiser

I just downloaded the video backdrop for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) and it's the same video for Spider-Man 1 (2012)

DigiTM

Hmmm.  I ripped the menu from the bluray fine, converted to MP4, overwite the one already downloaded.  I then clicked upload movie theme videos.  However The Amazing Spierman 2 is not showing up in the Upload Filters.  So how do I upload a theme to overwrite the one currently in the contributors network?  The menu for this movie is great and would love to share.

psykix

Hmmm.  I ripped the menu from the bluray fine, converted to MP4, overwite the one already downloaded.  I then clicked upload movie theme videos.  However The Amazing Spierman 2 is not showing up in the Upload Filters.  So how do I upload a theme to overwrite the one currently in the contributors network?  The menu for this movie is great and would love to share.

It will only upload ones that are missing - @@radeon will need to delete the existing one first I think.

• Like 1

radeon

You cant, thats what this was all about...

I've been thinking about this actually and im wondering if there is a different route to go down for those willing to be involved, like yourself. :-/

What im thinking is a facility for (for want of a better word)  "moderators" who override the online filters. i.e. if you set a special option only accessible to those who know, which when set, disables the online check to see if the theme already exists. In turn, your versions would become master versions and would always override other peoples uploads and overwrite them.

What do people think? @@Ghostm @@DigiTM @@foghat @@psykix @@shepP

If i delete it off the server, then you would be able to.

You would also need to delete the download filter for that other version that was downloaded. - this is to prevent a bad theme spreading like a virus. I.e. without this if a user uploads a bad theme, 7 people download and report bad, i delete it from the server and one of those 7 would see its missing from the server and reupload it. By not uploading if its already in a users download filter list, it prevents such things.

As above, im planning on giving you an "override moderator facilty" essentially, with a special option set, your themes (an a few other key people) will overwrite what already exists on the server.

It will be coming., I have just got back from my bday/wedding anniversary holidays and im pretty busy with work, but once that all settles, i want to make some key changes to enable us to battle against bad quality themes in more efficient ways.

• Like 1

radeon

@@DigiTM

I have just deleted the mp4 off the server, if you make sure its not in your upload and download filter lists now, it should upload the new version.

• Like 1

psykix

I haven't been downloading movie backdrops - only TV Shows so far. I was starting to wade my way through finding backdrops for the missing TV Show ones but some of them are really hard to come by!

Anyway, think I'll add in the movie ones now and see what's what!

(Sorry about the bandwidth hit in the next few minutes @@radeon !)

DigiTM

I just downloaded the video backdrop for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) and it's the same video for Spider-Man 1 (2012)

Just checked as well, that's right.  So I guess we have to check every one that gets downloaded through the plugin :(

I have the proper bluray one I am just extracting, converting, and uploading now.

Erik

I tried a refresh and still no luck. However, it seems to be isolated to a single common entry in both the download filers and upload filters. So I did a delete all and just re-downloaded all the themes. Seems to be ok now so I'll say it was a fluke problem.

Thanks for the replies however.

Erik

radeon

Thanks.  All fixed, it's uploading now.  So if I encounter any that were downloaded that are bad, and I have the proper one, should I notify you by PM so you can remove off the server prior to me trying to upload?

Yup, sounds good to me.

buddyweiser

@@DigiTM, I downloaded the spider-man 2 theme video you uploaded, but it seems to be flawed. I'm not sure if it is my system, but when initiating the movie theme download task, it hangs at 61% for quite some time. Then eventually finishes but the theme video itself seems damaged. It plays, but it seems laggy/jumpy. I deleted it and tried to redownload it multiple times but I ended up with the same scenario. Could the file become corrupted during download somehow? Or was it corrupted during upload possibly?

radeon

@@DigiTM, I downloaded the spider-man 2 theme video you uploaded, but it seems to be flawed. I'm not sure if it is my system, but when initiating the movie theme download task, it hangs at 61% for quite some time. Then eventually finishes but the theme video itself seems damaged. It plays, but it seems laggy/jumpy. I deleted it and tried to redownload it multiple times but I ended up with the same scenario. Could the file become corrupted during download somehow? Or was it corrupted during upload possibly?

Hey @@buddyweiser,

Firstly, that download task isn't hanging, the 0-100% is a status of each film its trying to acquire for. Each time it hits a % is just when its downloading a theme. Nothing to worry about there.

Secondly, I have to agree with you on that theme, its almost like a stop start animation isnt it! DigiTM has probably the best source and gives a hell of a lot of time to submit themes and they're normally always the best quality available, not too sure what's happened with this one. I guess just a riipping issue.

@@DigiTM, I have checked the file on the host and it seems to have the same issue. Any ideas? Cheers good sir!

DigiTM

Hey @@buddyweiser,

Firstly, that download task isn't hanging, the 0-100% is a status of each film its trying to acquire for. Each time it hits a % is just when its downloading a theme. Nothing to worry about there.

Secondly, I have to agree with you on that theme, its almost like a stop start animation isnt it! DigiTM has probably the best source and gives a hell of a lot of time to submit themes and they're normally always the best quality available, not too sure what's happened with this one. I guess just a riipping issue.

@@DigiTM, I have checked the file on the host and it seems to have the same issue. Any ideas? Cheers good sir!

Hmmm, strange.  It's a large one, how about I send it to you as the original mkv and see if you can have a look.  I converted it in VLC, maybe it didn't work correctly.  Also sorry about this, it seems fine on my end, must've got damaged during upload, since at the time everyone in my house was using the net.

Be warned, the original is 600MB :)

@@radeon the original mkv is uploading direct to you now slowly at 110kB/s :(

Edited by DigiTM

foghat

I've been thinking about this actually and im wondering if there is a different route to go down for those willing to be involved, like yourself. :-/

What im thinking is a facility for (for want of a better word)  "moderators" who override the online filters. i.e. if you set a special option only accessible to those who know, which when set, disables the online check to see if the theme already exists. In turn, your versions would become master versions and would always override other peoples uploads and overwrite them.

What do people think? @@Ghostm @@DigiTM @@foghat @@psykix @@shepP

Sorry, haven't been as active here over the summer...

Sounds like a good idea to me.  Though I am not entirely clear on how this would work. A mod realizes an existing theme for a movie they added is no good.  They could then set a flag on that theme and upload a better version, the flag making it impossible for another version of the same theme from overriding?

Edited by foghat
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Okay, whoever decided to put the Transformers Age of Extinction trailer as a theme -  Please stop wasting time doing this, if you don't have something other than a trailer then just don't contribute.  Now I have to send radeon the uncompressed menu of the movie to replace this.  Whereas I could have just uploaded straight to the contributors network in which everyone receives this quicker.

Apologies if I'm coming across harsh, just that trailers do not belong as movie backdrops, that's what the trailers sections are for.

• Like 2

I was going to post this last night, seen that one as well and was not happy. Wish we could block the user somehow. 

This is the risk of an unmoderated contributors network.  I can't remember, but is 'contribute' the default setting?  If so it is entirely possible (and valid) that this person wants the trailer as his theme and doesn't even realize it is being uploaded for use by everyone.

Edited by foghat