Weird Bug

breezytm

xnappo

The latest version no longer updates constantly - it is completely event based.  Are you running the latest version?

The only time it does a scan is at startup - because obviously it will have missed events.

Edited by xnappo

Okay @@Luke - so no NFO files involved.  Any way you can possibly see a POST request for marking watched could cause the metadata on the server to corrupt?

there's really no way. we do have an optional nfo synchronization feature that updates nfo's to include playstate, and this is dynamic. but he says he doesn't have nfo's so I don't see that being a problem.

xnappo

there's really no way. we do have an optional nfo synchronization feature that updates nfo's to include playstate, and this is dynamic. but he says he doesn't have nfo's so I don't see that being a problem.

Well, what we do know is that SOMETHING is corrupting the metadata.  How do we figure out what it is?

breezytm

@@xnappo Great! Last time I used it was two days ago and that was version 0.0.23. I don't know which version we are on right now but I will try when I get home today. I was so fed up with the constant loading. I couldn't even type "leftovers" in the on screen keyboard. Loading after each letter I typed.

Anyway, going back to the OP. Something must of changed from version .19 - .23 because version .23 doesn't seem to have the 00 episode problem. I also have not seen it on my server as well. It stopped. I added about 15 more items since and they are all fine. Before, all newly added episodes were infected including some older movies. Probably you guys fixed something and also fixed the problem unconsciously. 

saitoh183

I can confirm that i have had this problem happen randomly on system as well even before i started using the Emby for kodi addon and it is still happening off and on from different shows. I store xml's. i will try to keep a eye out so i can catch the logs  

xnappo

Okay - I hope so.

Don't get too excited about 0.0.24 though - we have some debugging to do with the event-based adding.  So there is some beta testing/reporting to do :)

• Like 1

breezytm

If @@olerocker and @@saitoh183 are both still having the issue perhaps it still exists and I just don't notice it anymore. After installing Emby for kodi my library was a mess; therefore it was obvious :) 

@@xnappo @@Luke what do you guys need from us to help better understand the issue and find it's root cause to resolve it?

Okay - I hope so.

Don't get too excited about 0.0.24 though - we have some debugging to do with the event-based adding.  So there is some beta testing/reporting to do :)

@@xnappo no biggy. I can deal with a little bug here and there. Thanks a lot for thinking ahead. 

Well, what we do know is that SOMETHING is corrupting the metadata.  How do we figure out what it is?

Someone's just going to have to do the work and reproduce it. You probably want to run side by side with the web interface to see when it happens, e.g. on start, progress, stop, all of the above. Monitor incoming http requests. Monitor the folder that contains the media see if there are any changes going on during playback.

• Like 1

saitoh183

Someone's just going to have to do the work and reproduce it. You probably want to run side by side with the web interface to see when it happens, e.g. on start, progress, stop, all of the above. Monitor incoming http requests. Monitor the folder that contains the media see if there are any changes going on during playback.

From what i can tell is that is happens during import of a new episode. Because the only episodes affected by the issues are newly imported episode that have just been added to the shows folder. Since i have lot of shows that get updated everyday, i dont noticed the this problem till a few days later sometimes when im browsing around.

saitoh183

Ok guys - you heard the man :)  Help appreciated here as I can't recreate it.

Here is a log i was able to find that might contain info . The problem happened last week with Daredevil - 1x07 . So if you search for that episode you might find something. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/496qkkjszmwrk5i/server-63564271780.txt?dl=0 (29MB log)

breezytm

I guess I spoke to soon. One of my newly added episode is labelled with the 00. Also @@xnappo I was having playback issue due to the constant syncing in the background and today I watched something and it play smoothly from start to finish. I also monitor Kodi for the constant screen flickering, which was a sign of syncing as well, and I didn't see it do it. 

xnappo

Okay that is good.  We are aware of the ADDING episodes issue.  What we are concerned with here is CORRUPTING the data on the server.  If it is just in Kodi, this is understood and we are working on a fix.

olerocker

Ok, so i tried to reproduce the problem. (I hope i did it correctly).

The first log is the file that was written after a playback of a file, upon which the metadata changed on the server.

The second file is a last nights log as of which correctly scanned files after a server scan show some weird actions from what i could tell.

I would like to add that on this file i watched the videos through the web browser.

Hope these help.

server-63564566400_1.txt

server-63564566400.txt

Edited by olerocker

xnappo

Thanks @@olerocker - can you give us some help with the timestamps of interest though?  That is a LOT to look through.  Also the name/id of the items of interest would be helpful.

Finally - the first server log is playback through Kodi?  Or is everything web playback?

xnappo

olerocker

Sure, just tell what you want me to look at and i post the info (not to experienced in this type of thing, but i will do my best).

What do you meen by timestamps and name/ids ? (again sorry for the ignorence)

Yes, the first log is playback through Kodi. The second, mostly through web playback remotely.

xnappo

So in the log, on the left side is the time - what time did you start playback, and what was it that you played? 

olerocker

OK, i started playback the exact time that i downloaded the subtitle that is shown in the log.

i started the playback and paused to get the subtitle.

the file path:

\\NIK-SERVER\mediapool\_Videos\Tv Shows\The Shield\Season 3\The Shield - 3x05 - Mum.avi

and the playback time was:

2015-04-14 13:53:09.2292

server-63564566400_1.txt

xnappo

Oooohh - I have seen this - I don't think it has anything to do with the new addon.  Somehow Emby sees srt files and does wacky things.  @@Luke - is there a way to exclude file types as an experiment?

xnappo

From the log, basically looks like some access clash then things go badly.

2015-04-14 13:51:41.6190 Error - HttpServer: Error in SharpWebSocket: An exception has occurred while receiving a message.
2015-04-14 13:53:09.2292 Error - LibraryMonitor: Error determining if file is locked: \\NIK-SERVER\mediapool\_Videos\Tv Shows\The Shield\Season 3\The Shield - 3x05 - Mum.el.srt
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5572.0
	Command line: C:\Users\nik\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 2
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\nik\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\nik\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Access to the path '\\NIK-SERVER\mediapool\_Videos\Tv Shows\The Shield\Season 3\The Shield - 3x05 - Mum.el.srt' is denied.
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException
	   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
	   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.IO.CommonFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Boolean isAsync)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor.IsFileLocked(String path)

2015-04-14 13:53:09.3384 Info - LibraryMonitor: \\NIK-SERVER\mediapool\_Videos\Tv Shows\The Shield\Season 3\The Shield - 3x05 - Mum.el.srt reports change.
2015-04-14 13:53:09.3384 Info - LibraryMonitor: Season 3 (\\NIK-SERVER\mediapool\_Videos\Tv Shows\The Shield\Season 3) will be refreshed.
2015-04-14 14:46:23.7096 Error - HttpServer: Error in SharpWebSocket: An exception has occurred while receiving a message.

Not sure that's the root problem. It should recover from that and continue on. We log everything relentlessly sometimes to a fault.