Emby for Kodi - Full db rescan on kodi restart

siu99ss2
Go to solution Solved by xnappo,

siu99ss2

Hi,

I'm using kodi plugin (v.17) with helix 14.2 on both my windows pc and AFTVs.

1. Everytime i log back into kodi on either platform a full database scan starts (not sure if this is a full rebuild or simply a full db sync). This takes approx 1 hr on my pc and severals hrs on the firetvs. I have kodi setting 'scan library on startup' enabled. Should this be disabled or is it required for syncing?

2. I'm very new to Kodi and have been a long term emby user but started using it because of this addon and Arctic Zephyr theme. Should I be using the custom version by im85288 for better compatibility/performance?

3. All my media is tagged for emby only. Do i need to retag it all (for kodi using metabrowser) for actor images to show up in kodi or will that also be pulled from emby server through kodi addon?

Thanks for the addon @emby for kodi team :) Finally have a decent frontend for AFTVs

Edited by siu99ss2

• Solution
xnappo

1. That is what is is supposed to do - it scans in the background at a throttled pace.  It also stops during playback.  You should disable the sync progress indicator as it is annoying.

2. Doesn't really matter - whichever you like better.

3. No - you don't need to do anything there.  That is for the native scraping which is no longer needed.

• 6 months later...
vick1982

1. That is what is is supposed to do - it scans in the background at a throttled pace.  It also stops during playback.  You should disable the sync progress indicator as it is annoying.

2. Doesn't really matter - whichever you like better.

3. No - you don't need to do anything there.  That is for the native scraping which is no longer needed.

but f it does this everytime then nothing new will sync until its completed ?