Trouble Mounting ISO

jhutchins

jhutchins

Hi,  I'm having trouble getting Media Browser to mount an ISO image using Virtual Clone Drive, and MPC-HC.  I appears that MPC is simply trying (and failing) to play the iso file directly.

My server is on a WHS 2011 machine, and my client is on Win7-64.  My files are all on the server, with I believe, proper UNC shares. 

MKVs play fine through Media Browser.

A manually mounted Blu-Ray ISO will autoplay successfully in MPC-HC (64bit if it matters).

ISOs are associated to automount with Virtual Clone Drive.

In Media Browser however, a movie in iso format just gives a black screen.  Task Manager reveals MPC chugging away at the ISO file.  The counter is going up, but the screen is blank. Windows explorer does not show a mounted image on the virtual drive. 

Pre-mounting the image manually does not seem to have an effect.  MPC will still grab the ISO directly. 

I tried setting up a shared library with an iso stored on the client machine, but it behaved the same way.

My mount path is set to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe".  The drive letter is set correctly. The autoplay flag doesn't seem to have an effect.

The config.xml file does reference daemontools specifically, but I'm assuming this is a non-issue.

<DaemonToolsLocation>C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe</DaemonToolsLocation>

<DaemonToolsDrive>E</DaemonToolsDrive>

At this point, I'm stumped.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,

In Media Browser Configurator, can you check to make sure that you have not associated files of type ISO with MPC-HC? This is necessary to ensure that MPC-HC doesn't try to open the ISO directly (you want VCD to mount the ISO and MPC-HC to then play the enclosed .m2ts file).

Cheers

• Like 1

hifiaudio2

Edit -  now its working,  except at 100% CPU utilization and tons of dropped frames / audio out of sync.  If I start MPC alone,  it works great,  with CPU utilization at about 5% or less, but started with MB classic,  its pegging 100%.. 

Edited by hifiaudio2

jhutchins

Hi,

In Media Browser Configurator, can you check to make sure that you have not associated files of type ISO with MPC-HC? This is necessary to ensure that MPC-HC doesn't try to open the ISO directly (you want VCD to mount the ISO and MPC-HC to then play the enclosed .m2ts file).

Cheers

Yes, they are definitely associated with VCD.  If I double click them in Win Explorer, they mount in VCD, and do not open in MPC-HC.